• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty random, but Trump's own news show is so weird. It looks like it's straight out of North Korea. I guess it's almost too weird to make fun of, because I haven't really seen people bring it up.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
🤔

9e2beb72-89da-4978-9zykal.jpeg

The comments on that tweet are next level denial. "They didn't ask me!"

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

"Parnas was supposed to be headed to Capitol Hill right now for a deposition with House impeachment investigators. Fruman was to be tomorrow. They helped Giuliani on the ground in Ukraine as he tried to gin up inquiries into the Bidens and a conspiracy about the 2016 election."

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

"Parnas was supposed to be headed to Capitol Hill right now for a deposition with House impeachment investigators. Fruman was to be tomorrow. They helped Giuliani on the ground in Ukraine as he tried to gin up inquiries into the Bidens and a conspiracy about the 2016 election."

Apparently they weren't expected to show up and were going to be subpoenaed. Now they know where to serve the papers. LOL

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Think of impeachment for senate republicans sort of like what the Kavanuagh confirmation was for senate democrats in flippable races

It puts them in essentially a no win scenario. They either stick with Trump and all his crimes or they vote against them and watch all his voters run away

They lose in both scenarios, politically at least. We don't give a shit what Lindsay says. I want McSally, Collins, Gardner and Tillis gone.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Oh boy. I could easily see liberals spinning this as a conspiracy by SDNY

crowphoenix

Oct 27, 2017
It also helps drive anti-immigrant, right-wing support.

That was my main concern.
Not the first time this has been a threat, goes back years

Fuck. I did not know/remember that. Did it accomplish anything then?
He's done that before regarding other topics IIRC. (I don't remember him winning much by it, but don't quote me on that)

A great humanitarian trough and trough.
Ugh. This is all just awful.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

Arrested to ensure they don't testify?

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

Apparently there is a unnamed sitting congressman implicated here too according to msnbc.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently there is a unnamed sitting congressman implicated here too according to msnbc.

In 2018, "Parnas met with Congressman-1 and sought Congressman-1's assistance in causing the U.S. government to remove or recall the then-U.S. ambassadors to Ukraine."

Looks like it's Pete Sessions:

YESTERDAY:
@lachlan
reported that former Rep. Pete Sessions got $3m from this pro-Trump super PAC after he wrote a letter calling for the sacking of the Ukraine Amb. that Parnas, Fruman and Rudy wanted out.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Getting primary'd would probably be great for Tulsi, because she'd finally be free to take that Fox News contributor job and use it to whine about how the DNC drove her out of her seat because the party couldn't handle her truth. Cue Tucker Carlson blankface.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

In 2018, "Parnas met with Congressman-1 and sought Congressman-1's assistance in causing the U.S. government to remove or recall the then-U.S. ambassadors to Ukraine."

Looks like it's Pete Sessions:

YESTERDAY:
@lachlan
reported that former Rep. Pete Sessions got $3m from this pro-Trump super PAC after he wrote a letter calling for the sacking of the Ukraine Amb. that Parnas, Fruman and Rudy wanted out.

Lmfaooooooo

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely more than campaign finance violations in that indictment.

Pete Sessions is not a sitting rep BTW. He's running for a seat tho.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Sanders said in an interview with NBC News Wednesday that he learned he had suffered a heart attack on the night he entered the hospital last week with chest pains. Ms. Sanders, in the interview with The New York Times shortly afterward, said she only learned of it two days later, last Thursday.
Just reiterating this makes zero sense.
When Mr. Sanders had elective hernia surgery in 2015, for example, her preference was not to tell the media, according to a Democrat familiar with the conversations at the time. But other advisers convinced her and Mr. Sanders that if they did not disclose the operation and it was later revealed, their secrecy would create a firestorm in the press. Much like with his heart attack last month, the campaign initially only released a statement with spare details.
I don't remember this at all. But a repeat of this seems more likely.
But she has also complicated his presidential bid: A federal investigation into her role in a 2010 land deal as president of a Vermont college threatened to undercut his populist appeal. (Ms. Sanders's lawyer said last year that he had been told the investigation had been closed.)

She also started a public policy group, the Sanders Institute, that attracted scrutiny because her son served as executive director and drew a salary of $100,000 last year. She suspended its operations in March soon after Mr. Sanders announced his run.

And at times, her influence has also frustrated advisers.

Some people familiar with the campaign said she would get annoyed when it appeared that decisions were being made without her input, often prompting her to try to reassert control.

When Mr. Sanders's aides were finalizing plans for the campaign announcement earlier this year, for instance, Ms. Sanders questioned whether it was wise to start the race in Brooklyn: Some observers, she warned, might note that Hillary Clinton had located her campaign headquarters in Brooklyn in 2016.

Her concern perplexed some Sanders advisers who wondered why that was relevant...
lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.