• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
For those of you amused by looks into alternative universes, here's what people are thinking on a right-leaning elections blog -

"I suspect that Trump will win GA and TX by the same margin or more in 2020 than in 2016, at least if Warren is nominated. Warren's is generally unlikable and sleazy, and her far-left platform is quite unpalatable to large swaths of the middle, particularly in suburbia. Too many of you have been gaslit by 2018, which had conservatives turning out at very high levels (which helped, BTW, to hold onto some key states, particularly FL and OH) and leftists turning out at presidential levels. Turnout should be evened out again by 2020."

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Missed in the mix from yesterday but where were you when Kim Olson sent that white supremacist Stefan Molyneux to the shadow realm?

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming he means while he was NSA, but also I really doubt this. I'd want to hear his definition.
Former national security adviser H.R. McMaster on Thursday denounced foreign intervention in U.S. elections, saying there was "never any incident" in which President Donald Trump solicited foreign assistance in domestic politics while McMaster was serving under him.
"In all the conversations, in all the meetings I was ever privy too, there was never any incident of the president soliciting any kind of assistance for anything domestic politics," McMaster said while speaking at a Foundation for Defense of Democracies event.
When asked whether it would ever be appropriate for a president to seek aid from foreign governments in U.S. affairs, McMaster replied: "Of course no. Absolutely not."
He tries to narrow it down but even then I wouldn't have made that statement.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, I think someone at work *may* have heard me singing "Rudy Colludy!" lightly to myself at work today. I have my own office but they walked in (door was open).

I have no one to blame but myself.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
The Human Rights Campaign is offering establishment wallpapers of the candidates. They're very establishment. I got my Warren one. I figure I should rep an establishment wallpaper from an establishment organization for my establishment candidate.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know shit's busy, but I'm a weather geek so...

Top Commerce Department aides orchestrated NOAA's Hurricane Dorian statement, House Science Committee chair says

A letter sent Thursday from the chair of the House Science Committee to Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross reveals that it was the Commerce Department, not the leadership of its National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, that drafted a controversial NOAA statement on Sept. 6 that backed President Trump's false statement about the path of Hurricane Dorian. That statement contradicted NOAA's own meteorologists at a weather forecast office in Birmingham, Ala.

The unsigned statement has generated at least three investigations, including one by the Science Committee, another by NOAA's chief scientist, as well as the Commerce Department's inspector general. The new letter, from Committee Chair Eddie Bernice Johnson (D-Tex.), contains previously unknown information about how that statement — which may have violated NOAA's scientific integrity policy — was written.

The new letter reveals that the drafting process for the NOAA statement, which rebuked the Birmingham forecast office for speaking "in absolute terms," was orchestrated by three of secretary Ross's top deputies, including his chief of staff.

According to the letter, that information was passed on to the Science Committee by Neil Jacobs, acting head of NOAA, in an interview with committee staff last week. Now the Science Committee is asking for interviews with the Commerce Department officials as well as communications concerning the NOAA statement and drafts of it.

In addition, Jacobs told the Science Committee that White House acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney was "involved in high-level conversations" about the statement, through the Commerce Department officials. As The Washington Post has previously reported, Mulvaney was acting at the request of Trump.

Gentle Reminder;
18 U.S. Code § 2074. False weather reports
Whoever knowingly issues or publishes any counterfeit weather forecast or warning of weather conditions falsely representing such forecast or warning to have been issued or published by the Weather Bureau, United States Signal Service, or other branch of the Government service, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ninety days, or both.

Just in case the whole impeachment thing falls through, we can still get him!

Last edited:

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The lindsay thing is wild, it feels like a warning shot across the bow.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

One more thing: Tommy Hicks Jr. who headed the pro-Trump group that Rudy's colleagues allegedly funneled money to, was also a vice-chair of Trump's inauguration committee and is now the co-chair of the Republican National Committee.

Here's who that other guy sitting with Jr and Rudy's goons is.
Surprise surprise.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
All jokes aside, if you had told 17 year old me in 2004 that 15 years later there would be an entire night dedicated to LGBT issues on CNN....and not dedicated to the Democratic party pretending we don't exist....I'd have been shocked as hell.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Quick, what are the extradition laws we have with (checks google...) Austria?
Maybe he just needed a cup of covfefe?
great-beer-and-a-sense.jpg

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
For those of you amused by looks into alternative universes, here's what people are thinking on a right-leaning elections blog -

"I suspect that Trump will win GA and TX by the same margin or more in 2020 than in 2016, at least if Warren is nominated. Warren's is generally unlikable and sleazy, and her far-left platform is quite unpalatable to large swaths of the middle, particularly in suburbia. Too many of you have been gaslit by 2018, which had conservatives turning out at very high levels (which helped, BTW, to hold onto some key states, particularly FL and OH) and leftists turning out at presidential levels. Turnout should be evened out again by 2020."
Other than "Elizabeth Warren is sleazy" that actually strikes me as a more reasonable prediction than I'd expect from right-wing pundits.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
All jokes aside, if you had told 17 year old me in 2004 that 15 years later there would be an entire night dedicated to LGBT issues on CNN....and not dedicated to the Democratic party pretending we don't exist....I'd have been shocked as hell.
You're telling me. Progress on even just talking about the issues that this community faces has come so far in 15-20 years, it's simply shocking to me, and I'm pretty young lol

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So in regards to the trade deal with China, what are the big things that have held it up for so long? Is it Trump demanding totally unreasonable, one-sided things like he does in every "negotiation?"
China doesn't want a deal. Their goal has always been to keep Trump talking so he doesn't go nuclear. The only thing China wants is a marginal deal that doesn't mean anything. Trump wants a big, meaty deal where China tightens up their IP laws, etc. in exchange for just lifting tariffs that likely won't last long past his administration.

Status
Not open for further replies.