• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Imagine you're Romeny, and you have once in a lifetime opportunity to do the right thing and go down in history as someone who stood for something.

But you dont do it. Because deep down, you dont care. It was never about doing the right thing. It was always about vanity, ego and continuing a political legacy. Rocking the boat removes you from that mission. So why would you do it and ruin your prospects?

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Imagine you're Romeny, and you have once in a lifetime opportunity to do the right thing and go down in history as someone who stood for something.

But you dont do it. Because deep down, you dont care. It was never about doing the right thing. It was always about vanity, ego and continuing a political legacy. Rocking the boat removes you from that mission. So why would you do it and ruin your prospects?

That's in character for Romney, Obama was a radical leftist to that guy.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

Now we're thinking in 4-D!

This stuff shouldn't even be posted, these morons run crackpot ideas on their shows every day. Yesterday they had "experts" proclaiming that impeachment is an abuse of power because they should have to bring up to vote in both chambers before proceeding. Its spaghetti at the wall with these morons right now because nothing is sticking.

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif
This is the worst gif I've ever seen in my life.

Why would Forma do this???

Oct 25, 2017

The worst part is, he has the most cover of all the Senate Republicans to do the right thing. He is fucking beloved in Utah, and Trump absolutely isn't. He wouldn't face any political consequences going against Trump!

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
As much as I will be thrilled to see warren as president or any democrat at this point and as bad as things look for trump I just wanna urge everyone to remember it's not over till it's over and not run victory laps yet.
With the way trump plays anything could happen and hell who knows we could even get hit by a series of terrible tragedies like bernie dies of natural causes, biden is knee capped by trumps smear campaign, and some far right trump lifer goes after warren and does the unspeakable.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As much as I will be thrilled to see warren as president or any democrat at this point and as bad as things look for trump I just wanna urge everyone to remember it's not over till it's over and not run victory laps yet.
With the way trump plays anything could happen and hell who knows we could even get hit by a series of terrible tragedies like bernie dies of natural causes, biden is knee capped by trumps smear campaign, and some far right trump lifer goes after warren and does the unspeakable.

Who are you even talking to?

Era overwhelmingly thinks Trump will be on the ticket as the GOP nominee in 2020. If he's on the ticket, if we haven't cleaned that shit up by then, the election will be massively compromised.

Anybody who thinks Trump will be on the ticket in November 2020 should assume that the election is a farce. If not they are getting high on their own supply and their opinion should be ignored.

Trump on the ticket in November 2020 = election that can never be trusted.

It's either get rid of Trump or acknowledge that the "American Experiment" has ended.

There's no in between where Trump has not been ousted and yet elections are still meaningful.

Seriously how can anyone think this guy, whose whole MO is election tampering, can remain in the most powerful office in the world for thirteen more months and that elections here still mean anything. Pass me the bong. It's either we get rid of Trump or nothing matters anymore.

The actual "election" is getting rid of Trump, or not. I fucking guarantee you the likes of Adam Schiff know this.

Last edited:

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Already happened. He was stopped, thankfully.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Milano must have got off the Marianne train. So weird, I'd have thought she'd go onto Warren or Bernie rather than Mayor Booty.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Milano was just meeting all the candidates that she could.

I'm guessing neither Forma nor Birdie will do so though.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Sexist commentary
What a turd Alyssa Milano is. But she's a smokin' hot white woman so there will never be any convincing her that she isn't a political genius who just knows more than everyone else.

She's a more youthful Susan Sarandon. More fertile, or closer to fertility. Dudes can be led around by their dicks so she's super fucking useful. Danger.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
What a turd Alyssa Milano is. But she's a smokin' hot white woman so there will never be any convincing her that she isn't a political genius who just knows more than everyone else.

She's a more youthful Susan Sarandon. More fertile, or closer to fertility. Dudes can be led around by their dicks so she's super fucking useful. Danger.

This is a pretty gross post over just a tweet saying she liked Pete.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Lol, comparing Milano, who has been supportive of a bunch of candidates (and perhaps sometimes too inclusive in this) and has said she'll vote for whoever is the nominee... to Sarandon... Is something...

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Agreed, especially when she spent the special election in Alabama driving people to the polls to make sure Roy Moore didn't get elected. And again for the special election in Georgia for Jon Osoff. And finally did it again for the midterms.

Last edited:

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

FWIW I was happy when she supported Ossoff but she's basically a 'white feminist' in terms of how she's acted since then. She's fucking awful. She identifies herself as every othered person every chance she gets instead of as an ally. She makes everything about her, she's gross. Also Pete is honestly weaksauce on so many issues relating to marginalized people (other than white gay men, of course) so that doesn't help. Pete sucks.

Barf.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

giphy.gif

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

whats-wrong-with-you-Reggie-Fils-Aime-my-body-is-ready-other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1290.gif~c200

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
That poll scares me all the attention is shifting wrongfully off trump and to biden.. and sadly the court of public opinion is gonna bea huge deciding factor in what happens to trump while in office.. Now i'm concerned.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming the radical fascist bigots are *always* going to lead media coverage with bogus investigations, and also assuming we can't teach the media to position these according to merit and not some bothsidesy bullshit, we actually do some choices:

1. Run the tightest, cleanest operation to make the accusations look absurd;

2. Do bigger, better crimes that advance your worldview.

Minarik

Nov 9, 2017
I mean great but do we need another?

The transcripts and codeword server are likely all the direct evidence needed

I suppose it never hurts to have more fuel for the fire

In theory, no, we shouldn't need another.

But the GOP angle has been "BuT sEcOnD hAnD KnOwLedGe!"

This can at least kill that baseless defense.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Read the first few paragraphs and tell me how is this not a glowing endorsement of Obamacare mandate????

Presidential Proclamation on the Suspension of Entry of Immigrants Who Will Financially Burden the United States Healthcare System
HEALTHCARE
Issued on: October 4, 2019
ALL NEWS

Healthcare providers and taxpayers bear substantial costs in paying for medical expenses incurred by people who lack health insurance or the ability to pay for their healthcare. Hospitals and other providers often administer care to the uninsured without any hope of receiving reimbursement from them. The costs associated with this care are passed on to the American people in the form of higher taxes, higher premiums, and higher fees for medical services. In total, uncompensated care costs — the overall measure of unreimbursed services that hospitals give their patients — have exceeded $35 billion in each of the last 10 years. These costs amount to approximately $7 million on average for each hospital in the United States, and can drive hospitals into insolvency. Beyond uncompensated care costs, the uninsured strain Federal and State government budgets through their reliance on publicly funded programs, which ultimately are financed by taxpayers.

Beyond imposing higher costs on hospitals and other healthcare infrastructure, uninsured individuals often use emergency rooms to seek remedies for a variety of non-emergency conditions, causing overcrowding and delays for those who truly need emergency services. This non-emergency usage places a large burden on taxpayers, who reimburse hospitals for a portion of their uncompensated emergency care costs.

How can they argue that the Obamacare mandate is unconstitutional....yet at the same time argue for the exact same fucking mandate?

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Read the first few paragraphs and tell me how is this not a glowing endorsement of Obamacare mandate????

How can they argue that the Obamacare mandate is unconstitutional....yet at the same time argue for the exact same fucking mandate?

The whole thing reads like an endorsement for M4All

Imagine... If all people were mandated to chip in for healthcare the financial burden would be lifted!

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
That "im trans im the gay man im everything" is legit one of the worst tweets ive ever seen
The context of this is that she tweeted out support to trans women on National Women's Day; a right wing troll responded, and she replied with a bad hippy "we're all people" tweet.

Not gonna cancel Phoebe for that or for meeting Pete. And she's no Sarandon lol.

Piper still the best sister though.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that we don't actually need more whistleblowers because we are all witnesses:

That said, the more whistleblowers, the better. I think we are in a reality that seeing the president do it really does make people question reality.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Joe Walsh stole Glenn Beck's redemption arc. TBD if he stole the entire arc. He's dismantling Mark Sanford and making a very articulate case for impeachment on Jake Tapper's show.

Reminder that we don't actually need more whistleblowers because we are all witnesses:

That said, the more whistleblowers, the better. I think we are in a reality that seeing the president do it really does make people question reality.

yup. It seems that the system itself has adapted to it, and they're calling themselves whistleblowers and not just witnesses partly for publicity.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I think the second whistleblower is important, as it lends credence to the whole initial thing, and gives more cause to get at those other call transcripts that are locked away.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think the second whistleblower is important, as it lends credence to the whole initial thing, and gives more cause to get at those other call transcripts that are locked away.
It also takes away the #1 talking point from GOO Senators.

Lindsey and Joni Ernst are gonna be pissed at this. What will they say now?

Edit: meant to type GOP instead of goo but will leave it

Gazele

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, not sure why a second whistleblower matters at all. If republicans can explain away him asking China to investigate Biden I don't know how this will help

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, not sure why a second whistleblower matters at all. If republicans can explain away him asking China to investigate Biden I don't know how this will help

1. It is "firsthand," which blows up that talking point.

2. More whistleblowers shows this isnt just one instance--it is a culture of corruption.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017

i'm fine with keeping attention to the fact that trump crimed it up with increasing clarity as to what happened. although we have a transcript, something that discredits a talking point will only help.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Right now the whistleblower thing is a slow drip, but I have a feeling the moment democrats send someone to be arrested for ignoring a subpoena (if they choose to do so), the floodgates will open fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.