• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

[whispering] the trey gowdy pic is faceapped

XJKSGfo.jpg

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
"What an interesting display", said the sociopath.

Trump just finished a wild digression on "forever wars." On being present as bodies of servicemembers are returned to families: "Sometimes they'll run to the coffin. They'll break through military barriers ... and jump on top of the coffin. Mothers and wives, crying desperately."

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is tweeting bragging that only 25% of people support impeachment.

Turns out that he's referencing a Washington Post poll that had 25% of Republicans supporting impeachment. Whoops!

Not sure if this is a mistake or not. Trump has made it abundantly clear he doesn't feel beholden to anyone but Republicans. Blue States and Democrats can get fucked

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
So...anybody still clinging to the mindset that Russia doesn't have anything on Trump and the GOP?

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Did anything happen in the last ten pages of note? Are you all still responding to obvious bait?
Are we still discussing trash heap Honorable her majesty Nina Turne

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
"We're totally gonna condemn these guys once I get back from the beach."

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god Nancy Pelosi waited until it was politically convenient to start the impeachment process.
Impeachment is a political process that requires a political solution. So yes, it was good that we waited to charge in full force until we had something we could potentially actually get him out of office with.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Impeachment is a political process that requires a political solution. So yes, it was good that we waited to charge in full force until we had something we could potentially actually get him out of office with.
He isn't getting removed. Not even a 0.000001% chance.

Impeachment is a political stunt (One that I support. Not all political stunts are bad.) This should've been been done as soon as Trump's concentration camps started popping up.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
So, the other quote is even worse.

Daniel Dale
@ddale8

Trump says he goes to Dover Air Force base to greet slain soldiers "when I can." Telling a detailed story, he says that families smile when they see him and thank him for coming, and he thought they were taking the death "so well," but then the coffin comes and they "scream."

Narcissistic sociopath says what?

Trump is now talking about a soldier who had his nose rebuilt after it was in "a thousand pieces." He says the soldier said his face was in "a thousand fragments, but I don't know if that's even possible." He says he told the soldier that he has a better face than Trump's own.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He isn't getting removed. Not even a 0.000001% chance.

Impeachment is a political stunt (One that I support. Not all political stunts are bad.) This should've been been done as soon as Trump's concentration camps started popping up.
If you're not using the final impeachment vote to try and remove him from office, why are you bothering using it? That's the point of it. It may fail, but you have to make the actual attempt. Prior to Ukraine just using the hearings was what we should have done because we didn't have a chance of taking him out. Ukraine changed that and gave us the leverage to make a real shot at him. Two weeks before Nixon resigned Ford was talking up the "they're overturning an election" bullshit.

Anything less than going for Trump's throat is defeatism only interested in an airing of grievances to make people feel like doing nothing Is doing something. Or, as I like to call it, "The Impeachment of Donald Trump by the Coward Osita Nwanevu."

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
On one hand you argue that impeachement has a 0% chance of removing Trump and stopping him, on the other hand you're complaining that the Dems didn't start the process earlier to... stop him from doing this. Ok...

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
On one hand you argue that impeachement has a 0% chance of removing Trump and stopping him, on the other hand you're complaining that the Dems didn't start the process earlier to... stop him from doing this. Ok...
I said it's a political stunt. Like the Benghazi hearings. You don't actually have to accomplish anything you just have to make him look bad. I have 100% supported doing that ever since the concentration camps showed up.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh look. The numbers are getting worse for Trump.

But sure, we shouldn't try to get him out because reasons.
I said it's a political stunt. Like the Benghazi hearings. You don't actually have to accomplish anything you just have to make him look bad. I have 100% supported doing that ever since the concentration camps showed up.
I did as well. But you don't need an actual impeachment vote for that, just hearings.

Ukraine changed everything about actually making an attempt to remove him from office.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

The Benghazi Hearings (much like "Her Emails") were exactly that, hearings with no teeth. Political theater not going anywhere because it couldn't go anywhere because at that time Hillary wasn't President, and they were not using those attacks in an attempt to remove Obama nor even attempting to start a process to achieve such an end.

Impeachment is *not* hearings, it is a full blown process with intent of removal.

Like, these are completely different things.

I'm surprised Fox hasn't yet fired that pollster that yields such accurate numbers.

Fox has always had good pollsters, and its actually one of their major claims to relevance in news.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Seems like it'll be pretty hard to win an election when half the country wants you removed before your current term ends.

Wouldn't be surprised if most of the Reps that supports removal does so because they want to run someone better in 2020

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
I'm surprised Fox hasn't yet fired that pollster that yields such accurate numbers.
Fox is one of the most accurate pollsters out there. They just tend not to publish polls contrary to the motives of their propaganda arm. This is actually terrible news for Trump, this is one of the polls that will indicate real sentiment.

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The question is, where will the dam break? The House or the Senate?

Romney has a real chance to be the King Breaker here.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Now the uninformed cult that FOX cultivated is lashing out at them for "fake polls". You hate to see it.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
The question is, where will the dam break? The House or the Senate?

Romney has a real chance to be the King Breaker here.
Most of the Rs that are left are pretty dang safe in their seats in the House. You have a few marginal ones, but a lot of those folks have retired. With the Senate, you have folks who have to run state wide races. Senators are always going to be more pragmatic than House reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.