• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I get the feeling that a lot of sitting and former GOP congresspeople got themselves wound up in Trump's corruption shenanigans and they know they're in trouble.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

049-Super-Troopers-almost-made-it.jpg

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I love how he turns to the next reporter and she asks him to answer the question he just ignored.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone figure out how the other 2 people that got indicted fit in this? One is still at large.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nationalization can work for certain long term predictable utilities but it creates corruption internally in the old Soviet mold where micro squabbles and power struggles and lack of market accountability create many of the same degradations of service and infrastructure as normal corporate graft.

I think it could work for power, rail, roads and so on but hesitate at telecoms or air travel as examples.
The big problem with telecoms is local regulators deliberately allowing monopolies to exist for things like Cable and Internet.

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry for double post but did someone say more crimes

Has anyone else reported this? This could be HUGE. Especially after how so many Republicans went on record saying Trump was "joking" about asking for dirt on the Bidens from the Chinese. If there is an actual witness on record about this, then boom...

Between this and the arrests this morning, the impeachment train won't be slowing down anytime soon.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
I would bet its more to do with Gillums voter reg org? Even besides the legal issue, I don't know if its a good idea to ticket with folks who've lost elections.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Nationalization can work for certain long term predictable utilities but it creates corruption internally in the old Soviet mold where micro squabbles and power struggles and lack of market accountability create many of the same degradations of service and infrastructure as normal corporate graft.

I think it could work for power, rail, roads and so on but hesitate at telecoms or air travel as examples.

We actually already basically nationalized the airlines. They're all heavily subsidized by the govt. We're paying the bills, we should reap the rewards (IE sack the corporate leaders and their pay).

Ya no.

Fuck nationalizing Amazon. It's a shit company that doesn't treat it's workers right.

I say we make the usmp.

United States market place, have it run by USPS and have it set the gold standard for online market places

I don't mean you nationalize them and continue their practices. But it's stupid to say "we'll just make our own storefront, servers, warehouses, and delivery networks!"

Just take theirs. Because the US Marketplace you're talking about would just be worse than Amazon.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Trump is being quiet too. Let's go live to the WH toilet: PPPPPPPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTBBBBBLAAAARRRRT

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
We need a superstar ticket. Does Gillum have a high enough profile nationally to excite people?

Oct 26, 2017
We actually already basically nationalized the airlines. They're all heavily subsidized by the govt. We're paying the bills, we should reap the rewards (IE sack the corporate leaders and their pay).

I don't mean you nationalize them and continue their practices. But it's stupid to say "we'll just make our own storefront, servers, warehouses, and delivery networks!"

Just take theirs. Because the US Marketplace you're talking about would just be worse than Amazon.
Dude doesn't pay taxes, no way we should pay him to make it public

Status
Not open for further replies.