• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
We need a superstar ticket. Does Gillum have a high enough profile nationally to excite people?

I dont want to sound off base but with all the public talk about Warren needing to find i roads towards black voters...

Im curious if having an outreach VP was going to be the route to take.

I just dont know how black voters around the country would see Gillum as far as a bridge outreach VP pick.

I just figured Warren would put extra work on the ground and drag the VP pick out till she was confident in securing the primary

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
This should be a tough bail hearing.

NOW: Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman just made their first court appearance in EDVA. Prosecutor said they've discussed a potential bail package, Parnas and Fruman's lawyer needs more time to discuss it, so they're back in custody. Govt is concerned about them as flight risks.

HELL NO

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
I love how he turns to the next reporter and she asks him to answer the question he just ignored.

This is partisan partisanship partisanical partisanity

On the subject of Gillum I really like him but I'm not sure how I feel about him as VP. What's the calculus here? I would assume it's to court the AA vote but is he the candidate to help deliver that?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Obama was meeting with (almost) anyone who asked?

Same thing likely going on with Warren and potential VPs.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I've been seeing a different photo circulating that also has Pence in the photo with these two goons and Rudy and Trump.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Your argument doesn't make sense.

I'm saying quite a lot of poor people depend on Amazon services. Policy shouldn't take that away from them if it's a good policy.

I'm also saying that basing your move on "will Bezos be punished?" is a bad criteria as he won't be under any policy we could see. Your last post is irrelevant to me, in other words. I may not like it, but he'll be a multibillionaire for life no matter what. It shouldn't be a consideration in shaping policy.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
But his Hamilton tickets!
I like Gillum alot and had he won the gov race i think hed make a great VP choice regardless of any of the other stuff.

The election loss and Warrens campaign focus on corruption does make me errr. But fuck the dudes an engaging campaigner and probably would excite the base in a major way otherwise.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
If Gillum had won, he'd be a shoe in candidate down the road when his terms were finished/finishing, perhaps as president, not VP, but he didn't win. Mayor of a city and failed gubernatorial candidate isn't much of a resume for VP, and Florida needs help from his voter organization badly anyway.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@kaitlancollins
The U.S. attorney said the $325,000 donation Parnas and Fruman made to committee-1 was "one of the largest" donations it had received. CNN has identified that committee as America First Action. It's chaired by Linda McMahon, the former head of the Small Business Administration.
14:42 - 10 Oct 2019

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But his Hamilton tickets!
I like Gillum alot and had he won the gov race i think hed make a great VP choice regardless of any of the other stuff.

The election loss and Warrens campaign focus on corruption does make me errr. But fuck the dudes an engaging campaigner and probably would excite the base in a major way otherwise.
he lost in a wave year to a dude who campaigned as Trump lite

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Warren's pick will have some type of Foreign Policy bona fides at the top of their resume. You can imagine why that is both required and why it is just a landmine for all involved. There's no great answer here.

Oct 25, 2017
Stacey Abrams and Andrew Gillum being the only black progressives with a profile is seriously a problem. Hopefully Ayanna or someone can become a Senator soon.

It's even more dire for statewide Latino dems.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine

giphy.gif

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
The hilarious thing is that Gillum is basically the only relevant Florida Dem even with the loss. The Florida Dems have no bench.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Nationalization can work for certain long term predictable utilities but it creates corruption internally in the old Soviet mold where micro squabbles and power struggles and lack of market accountability create many of the same degradations of service and infrastructure as normal corporate graft.

I think it could work for power, rail, roads and so on but hesitate at telecoms or air travel as examples.

The thing to do w/ telecom & air travel (especially telecom) is just regulate the hell out of them - there's a reason why you can have great Internet in a random European country that's cheaper than good Internet in urban areas, and it's not just the increased empty space in Murica.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The real reason the GOP is so hard to dislodge from Trump's ample ass, is that he corrupts everyone in his orbit and they become co-conspirators. It's his gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.