• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah it's a strategy called... campaigning. If simply mentioning your past occupations is enough to sink your campaign then you weren't good enough anyway.
"Kamala is a cop" is a smear and a clear distortion of her record. She talks about it in that very video.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhat off topic, but NBC's continued insistence that they did nothing wrong with how they handled/buried Ronan Farrow's reporting on Harvey Weinstein is so bizarre given that the guy has been arrested and charged with rape and sexual assault. Like, the reality of Weinstein's situation clearly bears out the facts of Farrow's reporting, how could these guys think doubling down on "Farrow had nothing to show for his reporting" could possibly work as an excuse?

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did those motherfuckers really get caught at the airport trying to flee the country, hours after meeting with Rudy?

I can't even believe this shit is real. This administration needs to be a 10 season HBO series.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Say his name, you weak, spineless, faux Christian. One evil man did this.

Marco Rubio

@marcorubio

#Syria has nothing to do with endless war or sending thousands of troops Turkey & U.S. agreed to border security zone & Kurds removed fortifications & heavy weapons Erdogan reneged on deal U.S. agreed to remove our small contingent of troops from border Turkey invaded

Has Bean

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Does he even have a chance there? Why bother?

Minnesotan here - na, not at all imo. The only reason it was so close in '16 is there were so many people disenchanted with Hillary. So many of my co-workers were "Hillary's going to win anyway, why bother voting" types prior to the election :(

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@NatashaBertrand
SCOOP: Lindsey Graham was pranked by the same Russians who got to Adam Schiff. In a call with the "Turkish defense minister," he called the Kurdish YPG a "threat" and said Trump "wants to be helpful, within the limits of his power" in the Reza Zarrab case. https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/10/lindsey-graham-trump-hoax-call-043991
@NatashaBertrand
Bloomberg reported last night that Trump pressured Tillerson to ask DOJ to drop the Zarrab case. Graham suggested Trump would try to help as best he could. "I think President Trump likes President Erdogan. I think he's a strong man and we need to deal with strong people."
15:25 - 10 Oct 2019
@NatashaBertrand
In the call, Graham was concerned w/getting Turkey back into the F-35 program & urged the "defense minister" to refrain from using Russia's S-400 system. But Graham also expressed sympathy for Turkey's "Kurdish problem" and described Kurds as a "threat." https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/10/lindsey-graham-trump-hoax-call-043991

Last edited:

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
The two people who pranked Lindsey have suspected ties to Russian intelligence.
Neat.

Jun 6, 2019
What the fuck at that Lindsey prank. Wow - dude is full on soliciting help on one of Trump's and Giuliano's wild goose chases and called the Kurds a problem.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck at that Lindsey prank. Wow - dude is full on soliciting help on one of Trump's and Giuliano's wild goose chases and called the Kurds a problem.

Yup. He's a complete fraud.

But Graham also expressed sympathy for Turkey's "Kurdish problem" and described the Kurds as a "threat." Those private comments appear to contradict his public statements this week, in which he criticized Trump's decision to pull U.S. troops out of northern Syria because it's "wrong to abandon the Kurds, who have been strong allies against" the Islamic State.
"Your YPG Kurdish problem is a big problem," Graham told the pranksters. He was referring to the Kurdish People's Protection Units, a group that began fighting ISIS as part of the Syrian Democratic Forces in 2015—with support from the U.S.—but is considered a terrorist group by Turkey because of its push to establish an autonomous state for the Kurds on the Turkish-Syrian border.
"I told President Trump that Obama made a huge mistake in relying on the YPG Kurds," Graham continued. "Everything I worried about has come true, and now we have to make sure Turkey is protected from this threat in Syria. I'm sympathetic to the YPG problem, and so is the president, quite frankly."
Indeed, Trump acknowledged as much in a press conference on Wednesday, appearing to echo Graham's private comments. "If you read today — a couple of reports saying that when President Obama started this whole thing," Trump said. "As you know, it was started by President Obama; he created a natural war with Turkey and their longtime enemy, PKK. And they're still there." Turkey has been in conflict with the P.K.K., also known as the Kurdistan Workers' Party, since the 1980s. Both Turkey and the U.S. consider it a terrorist organization.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
But Graham also expressed sympathy for Turkey's "Kurdish problem" and described the Kurds as a "threat." Those private comments appear to contradict his public statements this week, in which he criticized Trump's decision to pull U.S. troops out of northern Syria because it's "wrong to abandon the Kurds, who have been strong allies against" the Islamic State.

"Your YPG Kurdish problem is a big problem," Graham told the pranksters. He was referring to the Kurdish People's Protection Units, a group that began fighting ISIS as part of the Syrian Democratic Forces in 2015—with support from the U.S.—but is considered a terrorist group by Turkey because of its push to establish an autonomous state for the Kurds on the Turkish-Syrian border.

"I told President Trump that Obama made a huge mistake in relying on the YPG Kurds," Graham continued. "Everything I worried about has come true, and now we have to make sure Turkey is protected from this threat in Syria. I'm sympathetic to the YPG problem, and so is the president, quite frankly."

Lindseyyyyyy

Status
Not open for further replies.