• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Ernst supports a POTUS that fucked up their money really bad.

We know racists and sexists will take an economic hit to hurt brown people or women or whoever - just look at Brexit as a whole country is about to immolate itself in order to shit on West Indian and Central Asian immigrants - but in this country, there has been a limit to how much pain in the pocketbook that the majority of racists will take in order to advance racism. 2008's presidential race is a perfect example.
Racism is a luxury good.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I know you're all tired of me beating this drum, but Iowa went for Trump by 9 points in 2016. Tennessee went for him by 26 points.

His approval is still +13 in TN according to Morning Consult while it's -16 in IA.
Racism is a luxury good.
Bingo and bingo.

IA is one of the most elastic states in the country. I think Lean R seems right for the presidential and Senate race at this moment, but I could see Trump and Ernst losing on election day. As Kirblar says, if they get desperate enough, they'll vote Democratic.

+CO, NC, IA, ME, AZ (and maybe KS if the stars align just right), -AL seems like a perfectly plausible outcome.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I think one way to look at it is as of now Brexit hasn't kicked in yet but Trump pretty much already did to Iowa what brexit will do to the UK for the past two years

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
+CO, NC, IA, ME, AZ (and maybe KS if the stars align just right), -AL seems like a perfectly plausible outcome.
Best case scenario probably (without things getting too crazy), although I think there's also potential for the special election in Georga since it's an open seat, whereas Perdue will likely be able to hold any Democrat to a plurality win at best (and cruise in a run-off where no one cares).

Really need a good candidate though!

It'd be hilarious too if Kansas ended up being the "trade" seat for Alabama, under similar circumstances. I think Jones is toast even if Moore is the nominee (although he gives him his "best" chance), given that he won last time in part due to depressed GOP turnout. Kansas is swingy enough however that Kobach could conceivably screw everything up.

I just want 53 so Manchin and Sinema can throw their moderate darling parties without gumming up the works too much. I'll settle for more, of course, but I think that's the margin that would allow Warren and Schumer to end the filibuster.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I hate gabbard, but I'm sorry, this is really stupid and unnecessary

her and stein are merely useful idiots, conspiratorial nonsense like this only benefits them

I think the conext of Hillary's message is exactly that if you read it

That they are useful idiots being targeted for the next interference campaign

Anything else is being taken out of context

Regardless if Hillary putting this out there makes Tulsi second guess running as an independent that would be a net positive though I think most of the base cant stand her already

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

her and stein are merely useful idiots, conspiratorial nonsense like this only benefits them

Gabbard was on Tucker Carlson's show mere days ago. Carlson is a noted white supremacist and Gabbard was there using video from Project Veritas to float the argument that "corporate media is attempting to rig the Democratic primary."

That's not a "useful idiot." That's a chaos agent that knows exactly what she's doing.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@kylegriffin1
John Kasich is pro-impeachment: "Look, I fought with people on the air about, 'is there a quid pro quo' and 'does this rise to the level of impeachment.' I now believe that it does. And I say it with great sadness. This is not something I really wanted to do."
Via CNN
It's not even a month and we're already 400 pages in

Zach

Oct 25, 2017
"We're voting for the n------!"
tiQO6OI.gif

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Hillary's right. When your path to victory is solely through a popular vote loss/EC win by means of nothing more than getting out every single base vote, even .5% of the vote being sloughed off to nothingness makes the math to get to that victory MUCH easier.

Third party voters are by definition swayable non-base voters.

The downplaying of the Mueller documents set my alarms off

Sounds like the same stuff you hear on Sputnik.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
No. They simply stopped mentioning her after the election.

From the looks of it, this election might be a repeat of last time.

I've already seen one of those friends mention they can't imagine voting for anyone except Bernie.

I really wish bernie learnedh is lesson in 2016, the longer he runs the more i lose respect for him.. we need to get rid of trump and him keeping his strong loyal base going will disrupt the lefts agenda yet again. I like some of bernies ideas but we also haveto be realistic and moderately work towards those goals. Warren is like a more realistic version of bernie but because of how bernies fanbase is it will lead to nothing but disruption that hurts the left and not trump.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

but that's what she said. Well, she called Stein a Russian Asset but she just said Tulsi was being groomed for a 3rd party run through Russia's extensive disinformation apparatus

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish bernie learnedh is lesson in 2016, the longer he runs the more i lose respect for him.. we need to get rid of trump and him keeping his strong loyal base going will disrupt the lefts agenda yet again. I like some of bernies ideas but we also haveto be realistic and moderately work towards those goals. Warren is like a more realistic version of bernie but because of how bernies fanbase is it will lead to nothing but disruption that hurts the left and not trump.

Neither Bernie, nor most of his base, agrees with that. That is counter to his core ideology. He's not going to drop out and endorse Warren until the end. And that's fine, that's how a primary should work.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Mmhmm.

Sep 14, 2019

This is what I tell my Bernie supporter friends. Warren is Bernie, just not so idealistic. Just a bit more realistic.

I keep wanting to say "pragmatic," but that word was seen as dirty by Bernie supporters and used against Hillary during the last election.

A little off-topic: A bunch of Warren and Bernie supporter friends/acquaintances got into an argument on Facebook over a meme listing differences between the two candidates. I think a couple of friendships may have ended...

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neither Bernie, nor most of his base, agrees with that. That is counter to his core ideology. He's not going to drop out and endorse Warren until the end. And that's fine, that's how a primary should work.
Yes, Bernie and his base don't like actually attempting to win elections. He shouldn't be dropping now, but if he doesn't do anything in the first 4 states he really needs to get out of the race at that point, but I don't expect him to.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
Gabbard was on Tucker Carlson's show mere days ago. Carlson is a noted white supremacist and Gabbard was there using video from Project Veritas to float the argument that "corporate media is attempting to rig the Democratic primary."

That's not a "useful idiot." That's a chaos agent that knows exactly what she's doing.

that's an argument in favor of her being a closeted right winger (which she is), not a Russian asset

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Because it is. There's a reason "Russiagate Skeptic" Taibibi is now at Brietbart.
he's not at breitbart. they run articles quoting his pieces. think he still wants to maintain a veneer of being on the left.

re: CFPB

So this is going to be a fun case. SCOTUS just took up the CFPB lawsuit challenging the constitutionality of the provision that says the director can't be fired by the president except for cause, and they added a question on whether the statute establishing the CFBP can be severed from the rest of the Dodd-Frank act. Chances are they just added this question because it was being posed in a separate suit and they just wanted to get it over with (even Kavanaugh ruled in a similar suit that the way to resolve the CFPB director issue is just... let the president appoint the CFPB director, not kill the entire agency) but it's wild this is even on the table.
Did Trump appoint the current director?
yes. The former director was Cordray and he resigned to lose Ohio's governor race and Trump went and installed a new one over the objections of his deputy.

Status
Not open for further replies.