• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
So, yesterday I'm waiting for my order at a Chinese restaurant with some colleagues from work. We get to chatting about the impeachment investigation and the meaning of "quid pro quo" or whether it was just straight up extortion. Then this short Indian lady that had just come in interrupts us to say, "there is no quid pro quo." And, we're like, "what was that?" She then proceeds to state how there is no quid pro quo, how the President can't be impeached, that what the Democrats are doing is wrong, that Trump has done a great job with the economy and other great stuff, and basically lamenting the decline of the Democratic party.

The real kicker, she says she's a registered Democrat. Of course, we didn't really challenge her as we recognized her as off her damn rocker. But that lady claiming she was a Democrat just kept me thinking the whole time, "with friends like these who needs enemies."

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
The open secret in most black communities is that a lot of black people especially those skewing 45+ are conservative and religious. They are not Republicans only due to racist Republican views.

So yes the cultural revolution regarding sexual identity/sex/ women's reproductive rights has turned some away. So I can see more voting Republican especially if they are church going.

Which is why Democrats need to focus on engaging the younger more liberal population and getting them to actually vote. Millennials are the largest population in the U.S. and will be the largest voting population. A significant margin are liberal minded. We just need them to vote. My generation (Gen X) could not stop our parents (Boomers), but Millennials and Zillennials can.

Status
Not open for further replies.