• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Would Hillary be in a position to endorse anyone at this point, or is she holding out for a potential second ballot at the convention?
I'd be surprised if Hillary endorses before the convention, seems to be a point of etiquette between presidents and presidential nominees to not blatantly play kingmaker.

I'm sure if it goes to a brokered convention, that rule will be broken.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think they can't lose this hard support? The hard support you are mentioning is likely to go the person who wins 2/3 during the first three states. Biden can't afford to lose all 3, but he is likely going to be facing such an outcome.
If you're gonna define hard support in whichever way you want to fit a narrative, you may as well just ignore that poll.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're gonna define hard support in whichever way you want to fit a narrative, you may as well just ignore that poll.

I'm just asking why you think they can't lose the hard support, is there any methodology behind such a claim?
Bernie's hard support could go down if he has another health scare for example, or Bidens if he loses the first three states - this is a nation wide poll after all.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just asking why you think they can't lose the hard support, is there any methodology behind such a claim?
Bernie's hard support could go down if he has another health scare for example, or Bidens if he loses the first three states - this is a nation wide poll after all.
Because the least likely of those groups to leave would be the hard support and each candidate would be screwed if they were down to it. If Bernie has another health scare, do you honestly think it's possible for him to go under 10% because of it?

Biden's not gonna go under 13% nationally. That's not a controversial take.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Hillary should just sit this out, honestly. I say that as somebody that voted for her. Just please dont.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden could be below 13% Nationally if he finishes below 3rd place in terms of total delegates in Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada. There is a full week before SC and there will surely be at least one National Poll coming around that time.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Biden could be below 13% Nationally if he finishes below 3rd place in terms of total delegates in Iowa, New Hampshire and Nevada. There is a full week before SC and there will surely be at least one National Poll coming around that time.
Well, as long as we're clear on what your expectations are.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Many people listened to my phone call with the Ukrainian President while it was being made. I never heard any complaints. The reason is that it was totally appropriate, I say perfect. Republicans have never been more unified, and my Republican Approval Rating is now 95%!

Trump must've saw the 74% approval rating with the GOP

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
The better measures for hard and soft support are enthusiasm. Sanders has the highest proportion who are enthusiastic and Warren the lowest. She still has the strength of seemingly being the consensus candidate between various factions but now has a questionable path forward that doesn't run through her sucking up support from dropouts.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Sanders bump is nice, and hopefully we can be in my ideal scenario. I want Warren/Sanders as the two options with Pete, and Biden gone. Doesn't look like that's going to happen though.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
harris not even registering

its dead jim
anigif_sub-buzz-3152-1564504051-1.gif

It's too bad. I was digging Kamal at the start (her and warren were my top picks) . She kept knee capping her own appeal I feel like :(

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The consist story of all the polls today.
Biden is somewhat comfortably in the lead, and Harris is low low low
Biden is sitting in the same damn spot he has been for months. He's been between 25-29% for the vast majority of the primary despite everyone trying to pretend he's been tanking. What was happening was Warren gaining on him. Hopefully we lose the also-rans and Warren can gain enough percentage on him to eek out a win.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Pete doesn't have any chance at the nomination.

He's also a massive douchebag and a slimy snake, and I can't take any word he says seriously

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
It's too bad. I was digging Kamal at the start (her and warren were my top picks) . She kept knee capping her own appeal I feel like :(
She started out too far to the left.

There's no oxygen out there with Bernie and Warren, and by the time she decided to course correct, she was boxed in by Biden and Pete.

She'll be better equipped next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.