• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Streamlined

alt account
Banned
Sep 16, 2019
Luckily we don't have to imagine what Bernie's hires will look like because he won't win :p
81727888-2-AF5-4604-B9-EC-FD9114-AA535-A.jpg

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This only works when it's referring to someone actually in the lead which Bernie is well, not. Like that's how the entire joke works.
It was used in the Trump context. Of course, Trump was polling closer to Hillary than Bernie is to Biden, but...

The meme is more appropriate to Biden at this point, tbh.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie Sanders Senior Staff:
Vice President: Right Honorable Tina Nurner
Chief of Staff: Jeff Weaver
Press Secretary: Briannana Greyjoy
Director of OMB: Louise from Thelma and Louise
DNI: Killer Mike

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Josh Dawsey @jdawsey1

Trump is complaining to aides that lawyers aren't doing enough to stop impeachment probe. He has encouraged members of congress to attack credibility of witnesses in his admin — and has done it himself. A few aides are finally stonewalling like he wants. https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2019/11/03/mulvaney-allies-lead-stonewall-against-democrats-impeachment-inquiry/?outputType=amp#click=https://t.co/wK7CKS2JhL …

3:05 PM - Nov 3, 2019

Rachael Bade @rachaelmbade

NEW: Mulvaney allies will stonewall Democrats' impeachment inquiry this week at a time when the COS has been in the dog house w/Trump

Russ Vought, the OMB director who won't show, sees it as a way 2 get in2 Trump's good graces

w/@jdawsey1@ericawerner https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2019

3:06 PM - Nov 3, 2019

Jeremy Diamond @JDiamond1

Top Mulvaney aide Rob Blair -- who was on July call -- is refusing to testify.
His attorney told me that won't change even if he is subpoenaed: "The direction from the White House, and the advice from DOJ on which it is based, covers subpoenas." https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/02/politics/robert-blair-mulvaney-aide-declines-to-testify/index.html …

3:47 PM - Nov 3, 2019

Enough is enough. These people need to go to jail to maintain any semblance of oversight power in Congress.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
It was used in the Trump context. Of course, Trump was polling closer to Hillary than Bernie is to Biden, but...

The meme is more appropriate to Biden at this point, tbh.

That onion joke was originally from the days of the Republican primary when Trump was leading the field despite continually saying horrible things like the McCain POW bashing. It was not from the general election against Hillary.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really agree with the notion that Biden support isn't dropping, or that Bernie doesn't have a chance at winning. We're placing way too much emphasis on national polls I think.

The early states are gonna tell the real story. And that's where Biden is dropping hard. Sorry, but I just do not see a situation where Biden gets 3rd and 4th place in the first three states and can still be considered the frontrunner. His whole status relies on the idea of electability, and that is demolished by losing actual elections.

Literally his best chance is Pete winning Iowa, thereby disrupting the entire race. Pete's never taking black support from Biden, so that puts Biden in a very favorable position. If Warren and Bernie take those first three though, the race is firmly between the two of them.

Iowa and New Hampshire are shaping this race.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't about this particular case, but more in general. 'Bitch eating crackers' is sometimes just rephrased 'this doesn't matter to me so it shouldn't matter to you'.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Sanders is also in the lead or 2nd in most of the recent early primary polls.

He's not going away. And the American people for the most part think he's honest and generally good despite the mocking on here.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These people aren't going to jail unless they take it to court and a judge holds them in contempt.

Congress is not a law enforcement body.

Contempt of congress is a crime punishable by jail without even getting into inherent contempt powers

If you want to argue that the DOJ is corrupt and won't enforce it then fine, we can discuss inherent contempt but either way "Congress is not a law enforcement body" is an irrelevant response.

Last edited:

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I don't really agree with the notion that Biden support isn't dropping, or that Bernie doesn't have a chance at winning. We're placing way too much emphasis on national polls I think.

The early states are gonna tell the real story. And that's where Biden is dropping hard. Sorry, but I just do not see a situation where Biden gets 3rd and 4th place in the first three states and can still be considered the frontrunner. His whole status relies on the idea of electability, and that is demolished by losing actual elections.

Literally his best chance is Pete winning Iowa, thereby disrupting the entire race. Pete's never taking black support from Biden, so that puts Biden in a very favorable position. If Warren and Bernie take those first three though, the race is firmly between the two of them.

My theory is that big donors are now dumping money into Pete just to disrupt Iowa to keep Warren or Bernie from gaining any starting momentum and when he does that they'll bail on him and go back to backing Biden once he can start dominating in the South.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the GE. The primary is far more tilted toward the popular vote, and Bernie doing extremely well in the first three states in 2016 made no difference. But w/e. People are setting themselves up for massive disappointment. Hopefully after Biden doesn't drop like a rock after the first three states people will realize that their reading of why his numbers are where they are are off. And hopefully Warren gets ahead of him via drop-outs.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Biden's support has been dropping. Bernie also doesn't have a chance of winning.

The underlying crosstabs in both state and national polls are horrible for both because only Warren is drawing heavily from both the 2016 Clinton and Sanders supporter pools. Both Bernie/Biden are down from where they entered the race at and neither's shown any ability of actually winning voters over via campaigning.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sanders doesn't believe in Nepotism like that to build his significant other's political career at the expense of reform.
Yes he does. It's why he keeps someone like Tulsi around long past her expiration date and puts his son in charge of a foundation that closed up after doing jack shit after a year and a half. Both Bernie and Clinton have and had massive issues with overvaluing personal loyalty to the point it was hurting their Presidential campaigns.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Lol what is the opposite of bitch crackers where you unironically think that any of these would be good hires.

Susan Sarandon Director of OMB.

What's wrong with you??!?!?!!!?!!? Lol.
No. I wasn't saying her. I said some of the names you mentioned will be on his cabinet.

Not the obvious joke names you included to shit on Turner and Bri.

Please read.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. I wasn't saying her. I said some of the names you mentioned will be on his cabinet.

Please read.
Bri and Turner are terrible, awful people. It's not "shitting on them" to point out that someone wanting to hire a Trump supporter as their chief of staff at OUR probably isn't someone you want in your leadership.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Enough is enough. These people need to go to jail to maintain any semblance of oversight power in Congress.
Yeah, I understand the desire to not let this impeachment thing drag on for several months, but I hate the idea that Democrats are going to let some people ignore subpoenas because their testimony/evidence might not be necessary. Throwing this stuff in a pile as more evidence of obstruction isn't good enough. They have to fight. They can't just cede away more power to the executive.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017

Please read.
The same applies to Turner. Lmao. Neither her nor Greyjoy should be anywhere near a Cabinet or Presidential Senior Staff post. Nina Turner a heart attack away from the Presidency good fucking god.

The only one on that list who would maybe not be complete garbage in the role listed is Weaver. Maybe.

Oct 25, 2017
Biden's support has been dropping. Bernie also doesn't have a chance of winning.

The underlying crosstabs in both state and national polls are horrible for both because only Warren is drawing heavily from both the 2016 Clinton and Sanders supporter pools. Both Bernie/Biden are down from where they entered the race at and neither's shown any ability of actually winning voters over via campaigning.
Not saying this is a particularly likely outcome, but Sanders is polling really well in both IA and NH right now. If he wins both states (again, not saying it's likely but certainly in the realm of possibility!) though he is absolutely the frontrunner at that point.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not saying this is a particularly likely outcome, but Sanders is polling really well in both IA and NH right now. If he wins both states (again, not saying it's likely but certainly in the realm of possibility!) though he is absolutely the frontrunner at that point.
He's not polling well nationally. He's also in no way the frontrunner in either, I don't think there is one in either race right now.
It has been established you really hate them
I hate them because of their actions and behavior, not because they work for Sanders. They've earned my ire.

Oct 25, 2017
He's not polling well nationally. He's also in no way the frontrunner in either, I don't think there is one in either race right now.

I hate them because of their actions and behavior, not because they work for Sanders. They've earned my ire.
I'm not saying he's the frontrunner in either state or overall right now. I'm saying if we fast forward to after the NH primary and he's won both IA and NH, he would be the most likely to win the nomination at that point. Which, he absolutely has a shot to win both of those states. So saying his campaign is already over is silly.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying he's the frontrunner in either state or overall right now. I'm saying if we fast forward to after the NH primary and he's won both IA and NH, he would be the most likely to win the nomination at that point. Which, he absolutely has a shot to win both of those states. So saying his campaign is already over is silly.
That... doesn't make any sense though? He's still going to get blown the fuck out in SC again, for the exact same reason as before, and if it's a multi-way race no one is going to drop. "Momentum" isn't really a thing.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I don't actually think moderating to beat Biden makes sense. A lot of moderate candidates ran and just got clobbered by Biden. I don't think you can make a better pitch for these voters in Biden's wheelhouse than Biden can, but you can lose your voters.

I think Warren may have evened out for now. So the next thing that happens is, more candidates drop out and their supporters are redistributed, and then Iowa and New Hampshire vote. Unless Biden actually runs out of cash because his donors went to Buttigieg, or somebody suffers a major health crisis or unexpected real scandal, I don't think the top three move much before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.