• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
JIm Jordan is the creep who is associated with the pedophile gymnastic trainer at the University of Michigan, right?

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@NatashaBertrand
NEW: Vindman said he learned about the aid holdup on July 3—two weeks earlier than has been reported.

The new timeline raises questions about a July 3 meeting Kurt Volker had w/ Zelensky, in which he urged Zelensky to commit to investigating "corruption" https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/08/alexander-vindman-impeachment-testimony-released-067872
@NatashaBertrand
The Ukrainian Deputy Chief of Mission began asking about the aid holdup in mid-August 2019, before it was made public, Vindman testified, pouring cold water on Trump's claim that there couldn't have been a quid pro quo because the Ukrainians didn't know aid was being withheld.
13:36 - 8 Nov 2019

Last edited:

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

In college we called this "blacked out SAE outside of the one bar in town at 2am waving his black credit card in the bouncer's face".

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@kylegriffin1
VINDMAN on the July 10 meeting: "When the Ukrainians raised this issue of trying to figure out what the date would be for the Presidential meeting, Ambassador Sondland proceeded to discuss the deliverable required in order to get the meeting, and he alluded to investigations."
13:35 - 8 Nov 2019

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
so why are all these 11 no shows not arrested? setting a precedent that they have different rules than anyone else who gets a subpoena. It's not a REQUEST.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Jim Jordan is such a colossal buffoon. It's amazing that they're actually pulling strings to get him in front of the public.

Get ready for some alternative facts.
It was a congratulatory call. Trump probably didn't even know who he was talking to, and it certainly doesn't contain anything worthwhile.

Nobody is asking for it, but they're going to release it to try to muddy the waters somehow. It's not going to make a difference.

so why are all these 11 no shows not arrested? setting a precedent that they have different rules than anyone else who get a subpoena. It's not a REQUEST.
Because the mechanism by which they would be arrested is through a referral to the Justice Department (unless they can get a sympathetic court to enforce the subpoena).

I'll give you 3 guesses as to how successful that would be.

MMBosstones86

Oct 25, 2017
Are the Dems having Barry Berke do questioning again for the public hearings? I hope so.

In college we called this "blacked out SAE outside of the one bar in town at 2am waving his black credit card in the bouncer's face".

"absent yourself" is an amazing phrase. Hilarious. Should've just gone Ari Gold on his ass.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
"I thought the judiciary had jurisdiction over impeachment."

Gaetz, you're obviously not kept around for your thinking ability.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@kylegriffin1
Q: You were listening in real time to this call along with President Zelensky when President Trump was speaking?
VINDMAN: Correct.
Q: And was there any doubt in your mind as to what the President, our President, was asking for as a deliverable?
VINDMAN: There was no doubt.

13:50 - 8 Nov 2019

mightynine

Oct 25, 2017
Can the committee put in a "Jackets mandatory" rule? Jordan would never show up then.

Just kidding, I'm looking forward to him showing his ass as he always does.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol, what the actual fuck it's the first I hear of this

Tom Steyer tries to steady campaign after week of scandals
The Associated Press reported Thursday that a top Iowa aide had "privately offered campaign contributions to local politicians in exchange for endorsing [Steyer's] White House bid," offers that would not necessarily be illegal, but are not a great look for a politician campaigning on getting big money out of politics.

how the fuck?

He also sought to downplay an incident in which Steyer's deputy state director in South Carolina attempted to export volunteer data collected by Sen. Kamala Harris' campaign using an account from when the staffer worked for the state Democratic Party.

"sorry it happened."

Since there was no clown cart in the Republican Primary this time, Billionaires decided to entertain us all as they spend hundreds of millions on a campaign to boost their already fragile egos.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
look, someone has gotta explain to me how pro-forma came to be associated with Warren. I'm feeling left out of the loop here and it's making me feel sad

lol, what the actual fuck it's the first I hear of this

Tom Steyer tries to steady campaign after week of scandals

how the fuck?

Since there was no clown cart in the Republican Primary this time, Billionaires decided to entertain us all as they spend hundreds of millions on a campaign to boost their already fragile egos.
That would be using the Yang loophole. You know how Yang is basically bribing people with lottery sweepstakes?

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
look, someone has gotta explain to me how pro-forma came to be associated with Warren. I'm feeling left out of the loop here and it's making me feel sad

That would be using the Yang loophole. You know how Yang is basically bribing people with lottery sweepstakes?

Bloomberg and Steyer should adopt the Yang loophole, some folks getting some of their cash would be a net positive in this election

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
LMFAO at th Schiff vs Gaetz stand off.

"Who's going to remove me?

You are going to remove yourself."

GOP going to be pulling out all the theatrics for next week.

Mac_Lane

Oct 29, 2017
Paris, France
3ddc0ebdeb5babd663ef359523e4bb17baf6456f.jpg

Oh boy.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, it's one of those things. Gotcha.

This community has lots of in-jokes, references to old trolls, Drag Race gifs and Mariah Carey references. It brightens the otherwise dreary process of watching the country quietly murder-ize itself. I've always appreciated the random segues the thread takes (like our recent Star Trek discussion), if only because it means something awful hasn't happened lately and people are relaxing a little.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Won't matter since he is asking to drag his testimony thorough the courts.
If he won't speak without being compelled to by a judge then he doesn't matter in the timeframe they have outlined.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I don't understand this strategy. The galaxy brain take is Bolton is signaling the Democrats should pursue their subpoena of him.

The only other take I have is this is 'owning the libs'.

After his bootlicker public statements I say fuck John Bolton

All he is gonna do during public testimony is muddy the water. Forget him

Status
Not open for further replies.