• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

US PoliEra 2019 |OT9| I'm really glad I'm not on Twitter nearly enough to understand all the references

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Climate change is destroying the world, people are poor and living in the streets, children are being separated from families and locked up in cages, and fascism is increasing worldwide. And Walker's bitching about the name of a fucking tree.

Conversative priorities are fucking stupid.

Wonderment

Oct 27, 2017
I said this in another thread today. They could have had President Pence long ago and made the same money, got the same positions, etc., if they thought Trump was an incompetent/annoyance/liability/risk/etc.

But no - in addition to all this, they want the results he brings about, whether it's personal gain or approval ratings or a chance at the big WH positions. And they don't believe anyone else can be swapped out for him in order to get these - they think it's not possible for anyone else to do it, or it's too risky to have someone else at the helm that would end up either exposing malfeasance or preventing this type of "career advancement".

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I don't understand this strategy. The galaxy brain take is Bolton is signaling the Democrats should pursue their subpoena of him.

The only other take I have is this is 'owning the libs'.
My best guess is that he is angling for immunity in connection for his testimony a la Ollie North.

He wants to testify on his terms, not on terms dictated by a subpoena. He sees this whole thing as an opportunity for a get out of jail free card.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017

Not sure how this compares to the existing calendar, but then again I'm the guy who says "what, again?!" every time I find out Congress is on recess.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
BBC and PBS will be doing full live coverage of the impeachment hearings.

Dread it... run from it... history still arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.