• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
gosar0.jpg

gosar1.jpg

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I think trump lying to mueller about not knowing about the Wikileaks drop and his stone contact (so verifiable perjury) is a bigger deal than this Ukraine stuff. It's also easy to understand and verifiable.

I think the Dems should include it in these proceedings and call witnesses on it.

They aren't going to lose people over verifiable perjury especially if you can call in secret service agents.

I don't think it needs to be a focus but I also dont think it should just be forgotten about. It kind of seems that way already.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
I feel super obtuse, but what is big about what Ratcliffe said?
he made the argument "to impeach trump for extortion they'll have to call trump a liar!" as if that's some big hurdle and trump doesn't lie constantly every time he opens his mouth. I don't know if ratcliffe realized what he did (because he's an idiot), but he did make a dumb-looking pause when he finished.

(btw can we try and find better tweets to source than claude taylor)

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think power and success are ingredients for friends to think highly of each other.

I would also note that, despite being close friends and the two most powerful people in the country for eight years, Obama has twice tried to dissuade Biden from running lol

Biden doesn't remind Obama of himself, unlike Beto and Patrick. In that, Obama doesn't see in Biden a lot of the qualities he perceives were instrumental for Obama to win. I'm guessing Obama believes people like Beto, Butti, Patrick and who knows who else, are "the next Obama".

Also, Patrick is Obama's friend since before he ran for president and picked Biden for VP, and one of the reasons Obama decided to run, actually. David Axelrod, who was also Deval Patrick's campaign advisor, convinced Obama to run in part by pointing out that if black man could win the governor's race in Massachusetts, so could Obama now win the presidency.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
How many times has Trump lost a case surrounding his tax filings now?

All those losses but his chosen SCOTUS will handwave it awaybecause of course it had to go that far....

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Really? Jeez. It doesn't come across like he's that young. :/ I might just be dead inside from all the times that kind of thing has been said by older people trying too hard.
Well that's the problem too, politicians have to put on a face so when they open up their hobbies or interests it can still seem fake, even if it's genuine.

I remember one of my theatre buddies claimed Clinton praising Hamilton was just pandering. Like dude, everyone likes Hamilton, and who do you think can afford to see it in New York?

Oct 25, 2017
I feel super obtuse, but what is big about what Ratcliffe said?

Ratcliff spent 5 minutes building an argument about President Zelinsky. First he asked Kent and Taylor if they thought he was honest and trustworthy; they said yes. Then he pointed out that Zelinsky has never publicly said that the US extorted him. The big finale was supposed to be, "If you want to impeach Trump, you have to call President Zelinsky a liar" but he fucked up, like all fuck-ups do.

Oct 26, 2017

Taylor's smirk at the end is the best.

I know exactly what happened there. Ratcliffe was trying to create a sound bite for FoxNews primetime but the logic of Trump being a truth teller only makes any sense inside the FoxNews bubble, so when he delivered those lines in an impeachment hearing in front of a national audience, he was surprised to smell the actual shit coming out of his mouth and quickly yielded his time.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Well that's the problem too, politicians have to put on a face so when they open up their hobbies or interests it can still seem fake, even if it's genuine.

I remember one of my theatre buddies claimed Clinton praising Hamilton was just pandering. Like dude, everyone likes Hamilton, and who do you think can afford to see it in New York?

Yeah, this is all true. There have been times when politicians have revealed hobbies and I didn't blink, but that Harder tweet just seemed a bit... silly? I guess? So I figured he was an oldie. Lesson taught about assumptions and all that.

Oct 26, 2017
That Taylor aide better be pretty sure he heard trump on that phone call. I wonder if they can get Sondland's phone records.

I really hope Taylor's aide took some contemporaries notes after that phone call. What forced Sondland to revise his Congressional testimony wasn't just that witnesses contradicted him, but people like Taylor took notes of the phone calls/communications they had with him from THAT time. The notes like the ones Taylor and Comey took are almost as good as tape recordings because it creates a paper trail and removes some of the "he said, she said" element. The advantage goes to the person that took notes.

But if Taylor's aide didn't take any kind of notes, it'll be easy for just Sondland to say, "I don't recall" or simply refute it. So I'm not sure how big a bombshell this is until we find out what kind of corroboration there is.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Swift dismissal makes the most sense strategically, just rip the band-aid off. We all know how this is going to end, so why would they put themselves through the torment?
Because they want to be able to tell their mouthbreathing primary voters they EXONERATED TRUMP. NOT GUILTY. NO COLLUSION.

If they have to put their name on a vote no matter what, they at least want to be able to spread that message.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Swift dismissal makes the most sense strategically, just rip the band-aid off. We all know how this is going to end, so why would they put themselves through the torment?

The important takeaway from that article is that the GOP don't anticipate actually having a majority to dismiss immediately. So naturally they're going to prepare for a longer trial.

Oct 26, 2017
Because they want to be able to tell their mouthbreathing primary voters they EXONERATED TRUMP. NOT GUILTY. NO COLLUSION.

If they have to put their name on a vote no matter what, they at least want to be able to spread that message.

Ironically, I long trial would help the likes of Biden and Booty because it would sideline Warren and Bernie form the campaign trail for long stretches. Considering the GOP supposedly wants Warren or Bernie to be the nominee, not sure a long trial is in their best interest. But McConnell may be less concerned about Presidential politics and more concerned about Senate politics in vulnerable seats.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Consider the fact that there's a good chance that the next dem presidential nominee is a senator. Then you can see that McConnell might just want to keep Congress locked down for as long as possible.

Oct 27, 2017
Consider the fact that there's a good chance that the next dem presidential nominee is a senator. Then you can see that McConnell might just want to keep Congress locked down for as long as possible.

That makes little sense though. These Senators will be surrounded daily by media willing to broadcast their stump/ impeachment speeches. They will also fundraise off the effort. It'll be a giant, focused megaphone for two months

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Any av worthy facial expressions from today? This av is starting to stink up the place.

Also, we should start workshopping titles for the new OT

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
The Senate Rs are leaning towards a longer trial b/c it hurts candidates and allows Trump the chance to to give a long defense (lol)

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked OT ok bloomer but y'all will come up with someone.

The thread will be star wars themed.

Status
Not open for further replies.