• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Biden's black support collapsing depends on how well (or I guess "not poorly") he does in Iowa/New Hampshire, IMO.

If he finishes 4th behind Warren, Sanders and Buttigieg, that'll look very bad.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Can't believe it's already been 3 years already wow.

It is so crazy that the UK can announce an election and have it be completed within 6 weeks, whereas the US takes 2 years. That's 2 years of elected officials doing little more than fundraising and campaigning for the next election. Perhaps 50% of the time they were elected to serve, focused on not serving.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
It is so crazy that the UK can announce an election and have it be completed within 6 weeks, whereas the US takes 2 years. That's 2 years of elected officials doing little more than fundraising and campaigning for the next election. Perhaps 50% of the time they were elected to serve, focused on not serving.
tbh considering the fuckers in power on the UK, i think it would be better if they focused more of campaining and less on ripping the NHS apart

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018

Oh don't worry, elected officials spend the majority of their time fundraising in between election cycles as well.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

To be fair, if the US had that system, Trump would already be gone.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that's definitely one of the big reasons nobody should want Bernie as president, cause liken Trump they seem to have a great ability to hire folk that are bad at their jobs.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
To be fair, if the US had that system, Trump would already be gone.
And Obama would have been gone in 2010
I'm not necessarily sure it would work that cleanly. In 2010 for example, Obama's supporters definitely would have been paying attention if he were directly on the ballot in 2010. I have literally heard diehard Democrats say "if it's not the president, I don't care" when talking about midterms - although 2018 definitely changed some peoples' views on that! Now just hopefully it's permanent.

Nocturnal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, Do Burns Strider, David Brooke, DWS, etc ring any bells to any of you, when discussing who Bernie hires :)

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Man I want Warren to win so fucking bad. I know democratic primary voters are gonna fuck it up.tho.

Agreed. It feels like they already are. Biden is somehow still polling high despite him doing nothing but fucking up all the time, Warren support stalling for some fucking reason, and Pete surging for...being a flip-floppy moderate asshole.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did Bri actually say something wrong there or is this another bitch crackers thing, because I'm not seeing what's wrong there.

She's just taking what AOC said and making it into a little ad.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Did Bri actually say something wrong there or is this another bitch crackers thing, because I'm not seeing what's wrong there.

Apparently it's cool to pick apart everything Bernie's aides say on Twitter and trash them in all sorts of ways cause hiring those people is much worse than having corrupt DC insiders and lobbyists running your campaign, right?

This is exactly what Obama was talking about the other day.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Right now Biden, Warren, sanders, and Buttigieg have over 15% in the Iowa polls.

given that 15% is a "viable" candidate, isn't it possible that whoever "wins" Iowa only does so in the technical sense, and all 4 candidates come out with almost equal numbers of delegates?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Right now Biden, Warren, sanders, and Buttigieg have over 15% in the Iowa polls.

given that 15% is a "viable" candidate, isn't it possible that whoever "wins" Iowa only does so in the technical sense, and all 4 candidates come out with almost equal numbers of delegates?
It's about the headlines and signal boosting.

"Warren WINS Iowa!" Vs "Warren 19%, Biden 17%, Sanders 15%, Buttiege 14%"

You already know which will get more clicks and more discussion going. It's about the narrative more than the numbers.

Oct 25, 2017

The delegate count is barely what matters in Iowa. It's all about narratives.

Obama only won one more delegate that Hillary in 2008.

Oct 31, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory accusation

No what she said is fine, they just hate black women who refuse to go along with democrat status quo-ism. See also, Nina Turner.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Lindsey Snell @LindseySnell

Russian flag replaced the US flag at this base in Ain Issa.

SxZvMhh.jpg

7:43 AM - Nov 3, 2019

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Technically, people who hate Bernie probably know Bernie better than his supporters.

tbh half the reason i'm going to vote for sanders is because i want to see if a lot of his extremely vocal, extremely online support suddenly start caring about his actual voting record and actual plans once he wins the primary (the other half of the reason i'm going to vote for sanders? because i think he'd be a good president)

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's about the headlines and signal boosting.

"Warren WINS Iowa!" Vs "Warren 19%, Biden 17%, Sanders 15%, Buttiege 14%"

You already know which will get more clicks and more discussion going. It's about the narrative more than the numbers.

the funny thing is Biden's team is going to want the media to focus on the delegate math and it not being a big deal based off of that. Biden is banking on his 3rd or worse finishes not mattering to his AA support.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly this next year is going to fly by once voting starts -- we literally have elections like every other week and once the primary ends, it's really just the summer slog until the end and we'll all be spending our weekends canvassing anyways.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

imo i think there's a certain level of irony in that a lot of extremely online sanders supporters are for some reason obsessed with the idea of liberals being obsessed with the west wing, and how it poisoned their minds into thinking you can reach people by making Big Important Speeches, and now we have the sanders campaign posting ads about how you just need to say The One Correct Thing to break through to people and they'll instantly be swayed to your point of view.

but aimo (also in my opinion) it's like, y'all really don't have to post every tweet she makes

Status
Not open for further replies.