• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Search | Trump Administration sues drugmaker Gilead Sciences over patent on Truvada for HIV prevention
Read the full story: https://wapo.st/33pPZSk

Lol how the fuck does a month of PrEP cost $1600. And how do any of you lanyard hoes afford it.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Search | Trump Administration sues drugmaker Gilead Sciences over patent on Truvada for HIV prevention
Read the full story: https://wapo.st/33pPZSk

Lol how the fuck does a month of PrEP cost $1600. And how do any of you lanyard hoes afford it.
We have a sorta son (he's 19, but he lives with my husband's best friend in his own apartment, and we're all chipping in for his college. long story, but his parents kicked him out for being gay. He non ironically introduces me, my husband and my husband's best friend as his Dads. Good kid.) Anyway, he's on our insurance, and we have just a normal copay for PrEP. And, honestly, depending on your insurance, you can geti for next to nothing.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
We have a sorta son (he's 19, but he lives with my husband's best friend in his own apartment, and we're all chipping in for his college. long story, but his parents kicked him out for being gay. He non ironically introduces me, my husband and my husband's best friend as his Dads. Good kid.) Anyway, he's on our insurance, and we have just a normal copay for PrEP. And, honestly, depending on your insurance, you can geti for next to nothing.
ngl this is the sweetest shit ever and my heart has melted

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
You know fuck Putin for meddling in our elections and stuff but

more importantly fuck him for forcing the girls from t.A.T.u to go on Russian state TV and clarify being gay isn't always good. Unforgivable trying to ruin what good they did in the early 2000s, bastard

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
ngl this is the sweetest shit ever and my heart has melted
Aww thanks. He's a great kid. His parents were assholes. My husband's best friend just finished a remodel on his house, and made him his own apartment/mother in law suite. He and his wife pretty much treat him as a son. We all do. Plus, built in baby sitter! (Cause between us, we have a total of 8 kids....)

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
Aww thanks. He's a great kid. His parents were assholes. My husband's best friend just finished a remodel on his house, and made him his own apartment/mother in law suite. He and his wife pretty much treat him as a son. We all do. Plus, built in baby sitter! (Cause between us, we have a total of 8 kids....)
thats genuinely such a good and wholesome thing youre doing. im so jaded usually but this has me feeling a type of way reading this

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
thats genuinely such a good and wholesome thing youre doing. im so jaded usually but this has me feeling a type of way reading this
Well, thanks. But it's just doing what you can to help someone if you can. I'm jaded most of the time too, because I genuinely hate most people...:P Kinda gave me a glimpse into my future, because my husband is uber protective and TOTALLY doesn't cope with him dating. (he has a serious bf now, who we like but my husband.....he gets worried lol )

Nov 20, 2017
You know fuck Putin for meddling in our elections and stuff but

more importantly fuck him for forcing the girls from t.A.T.u to go on Russian state TV and clarify being gay isn't always good. Unforgivable trying to ruin what good they did in the early 2000s, bastard

Not Gonna Get Us doing a lot worse than All The Things She Said is also legit a crime

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Seems China and the US have agreed to some sort of tariff rollback scheme.

I am VERY curious to see the terms of that agreement, though initial news hints that little structural change is being asked for - the US wants China to buy a ton of Ag products in return for tariff relief, so basically Trump is buying votes in Iowa. Meanwhile IP theft will be quietly forgotten.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

I am VERY curious to see the terms of that agreement, though initial news hints that little structural change is being asked for - the US wants China to buy a ton of Ag products in return for tariff relief, so basically Trump is buying votes in Iowa. Meanwhile IP theft will be quietly forgotten.
That was always the backup plan if he couldn't get an actual win.

Eric_S

Nov 29, 2017

Trump using international relations purely for his own gain, were have I heard that before...

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Public opinion of Trump in IA and WI are quite dependent on if manufacturing and agriculture have a better year than this one or not. Crap weather has also totally screwed with the farming industry in 2019. WI-06 is dramatically swing in this regard and worth following.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
That was always the backup plan if he couldn't get an actual win.

Seeing as the media didn't fall for his last trade fail I can't imagine this'll land as a massive win in the court of public opinion. A deal to lower tariffs in place since 2017, amazing, incredible. All depends on what's in the final Phase One deal, of course.

At least the economy won't crater.
Public opinion of Trump in IA and WI are quite dependent on if manufacturing and agriculture have a better year than this one or not. Crap weather has also totally screwed with the farming industry in 2019. WI-06 is dramatically swing in this regard and worth following.

Softening manufacturing activity in 15/16 certainly hurt Clinton.

Even if the trade war ends tomorrow activity isn't going to massively pick up all at once.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
AZGOP:

Dr. Kelli Ward @kelliwardaz

Should we look toward an #ElectoralCollege type system at the state level? #Elections2019

10:14 PM - Nov 6, 2019

Trevor Nelson @CTrevorNelson

Nope
(How is a Republican against local control? )

10:16 PM - Nov 6, 2019

Dr. Kelli Ward @kelliwardaz

How is listening to every part of the state "against local control?" I don't think the Feds should implement it, states should. As a rural AZ resident, it is frustrating that the state's population centers, Phoenix & Tucson, could control politics in this conservative state.

10:33 PM - Nov 6, 2019

yeah, why should the majority of people decide what goes on in a state. that's undemocratic!

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Will Donald Trump apologize after seeing what was said on his call with the Ukrainian President? He should, a perfect call of extortion - got him by surprise!

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

"President Trump was more personally involved in his campaign's effort to obtain Democratic emails stolen by Russian operatives in 2016 than was previously known, phone records introduced in federal court on Wednesday suggested." https://t.co/mq0QJYquz6

"The phone records are the first concrete suggestion that Mr. Trump may have had a direct role in his campaign's effort to benefit from Russia's hidden hand in the election. "

"The phone calls between Mr. Trump and Mr. Stone were not described in the version of Mr. Mueller's report that was publicly released last spring..."

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Can you imagine all the dirt that is going to come out from this administration once they are gone? If the Khashoggi / Kushner link has any merit, just crazy.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

Warren's campaign does not co-operate with stories about attacks from rival campaigns. But it's been unsubtly tweeting these videos about her up-bringing. Campaign believes any chance to remind people of her Oklahoma/public college roots is a worth taking.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017

Its all about this isn't it

Our inability as a Democracy to separate Money from Power

Makes our population susceptible to emotional, financial, and other manipulations... many of which most of us aren't trained or educated to recognize

To be honest its a war as old as time and I am not even sure what an idealogical balance looks like or how to get there

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Adam may act like a bitchy shady old queen.

But really he's a bitchy shady old queen
with a heart of gold.

You know some of the parent-blog stories that occupy this thread read downright fanciful. It's extraordinarily difficult (nigh impossible) to list a non-relative as a dependent on someone's health insurance plan. It can be done, but certain strict criteria have to be met. Doing it for a non-relative, non-household person is pretty much insurance fraud.

Of course, you can pay for another's individual health insurance separately, but that's very very different from being on someone's insurance. And if they try to re-paint the scenario as something more plausible after the fact, let's be clear about what they said the first time around.

Despite the feel-good vibe of these stories, there's a confessions thread starting out in OT that might better serve forum fabulists.

Oct 27, 2017
We know why All The Things She Said did better...the video.

And as far as "forum fabulists" are concerned (whatever that means), fine - let's be clear about what was said...the person had no household. There are a thousand details behind that which you are not aware of.

And I know what it's like to pay for others' insurance and healthcare, out of pocket. I confess, I will have had four health plans in seven years, thanks in part to the system. There's your confession. I have a family to take care of too, and will keep sharing stories as I see fit.

papermoon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (1 week): hostility and antagonizing other users

And as far as "forum fabulists" are concerned (whatever that means), fine - let's be clear about what was said...the person had no household. There are a thousand details behind that which you are not aware of.

And I know what it's like to pay for others' insurance and healthcare, out of pocket. I confess, I will have had four health plans in seven years, thanks in part to the system. There's your confession. I have a family to take care of too, and will keep sharing stories as I see fit.

To clarify further, the person was not a member of the insurance beneficiary's household. That's what's meant by non-household. That's the fact that trips things up.

Paying for other's healthcare and insurance costs is a very different thing from being on the same insurance plan.

Listing a person that's not related to you and that's not a member of your household as a dependent on your insurance plan is insurance fraud.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Ill never understand people that can't stomach paying for others medical care...

But don't bat an eye at military spending and waste. Taxes suck in general... It's not like an investment you're making. You don't have a choice to pay them or you go to jail... A few cents more so that everyone could get care is a no brainer. We pay for social security and Medicare...not once am I pissed off looking at my check thinking about the .0001% of fraud or some old lady with a Cadillac getting open heart surgery on my pennies.

Even more so when it's just the wealthy people getting taxed..

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
To clarify further, the person was not a member of the insurance beneficiary's household. That's what's meant by non-household. That's the fact that trips things up.

Paying for other's healthcare and insurance costs is a very different thing from being on the same insurance plan.

Listing a person that's not related to you and that's not a member of your household as a dependent on your insurance plan is insurance fraud.

I am legitimately shocked that somebody would think it is appropriate or productive behavior to randomly accuse another user of lying for no benefit about the details of their personal life, which, to be clear, is explicitly what you are doing here.

If Adam is lying about the person in question he's been doing it, at great length and painfully complete detail, for years, to people who he has no reason to deceive.

Status
Not open for further replies.