• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@ZcohenCNN
While this obviously teases new info relevant to the impeachment inquiry, a source close to Bolton told us that if he does end up testifying, he will likely cast blame on Giuliani, Mulvaney &, to a degree, Sondland, saying they "were being disloyal to the President."
16:15 - 8 Nov 2019

stopitslime.png

Last edited:

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@rebeccaballhaus
NEWS: Months before Trump asked Zelensky to investigate the Bidens & election interference, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman—both Giuliani clients—urged then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to announce those investigations in return for a state visit to DC. https://www.wsj.com/articles/giulia...ent-to-open-biden-election-probes-11573247707
@rebeccaballhaus
MORE: Poroshenko was open to the trade because he wanted to boost himself in the election. "He wanted to come to Washington and meet with Trump and then after the state dinner he would have an interview" where he would announce the investigations.https://www.wsj.com/articles/giuliani-associates-urged-ukraines-prior-president-to-open-biden-election-probes-11573247707 …

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
I think my girlfriend and I are going to start volunteering for the Warren campaign.

I need either Warren or Bernie to win. Nobody else comes even close. I have a slight preference for Warren, and she seems better positioned to win the nomination. That being said, if Bernie is the one better positioned to beat Biden when Indiana's primary comes (in May), I'll vote for him. Either way, the progressive wing needs to be leading the party.

I think Bloomberg entering the race either has no effect, or it helps Bernie and Warren. So he's welcome to try lol.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
#MAGACHALLENGE is #1 trending worldwide, but it's been sooooo hijacked that I have no idea how you'd ever be able to find something unironically trying to enter the "competition."
How did you ever find this in the first place?!?
It was posted on Era on the first few days impeachment was announced.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
It's the entire reason Charlie Baker, Phil Scott and Larry Hogan are things.

That's the kind of fucked up thing that suggests how ingrained the GOP is as the "Party of Power" in this country. Even Democrats seem to want to be ruled by Republicans, just as long as they're "good Republicans." Fortunately the reality of their shittiness generally overwhelms this subtle inclination.

Compare Republicans who have to be presented with an absolute bottom of the barrel trash candidate on their side to ever consider voting Dem or even just staying home.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
He's really going to bat for corruption? Lula was released pending appeal not because of any finding of innocence
if you've paid even a slight amount of attention to the situation, you would know the jailing of lula was an effective coup by the far-right of the Brazilian government based on complete fabrications. you cant hold any semblance of intellectual honesty and want president lula to remain in jail. his jailing is the literal reason a fascist is currently in office there

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if you've paid even a slight amount of attention to the situation, you would know the jailing of lula was an effective coup by the far-right of the Brazilian government based on complete fabrications. you cant hold any semblance of intellectual honesty and want president lula to remain in jail. his jailing is the literal reason a fascist is currently in office there

Yes, his jailing is why Bolsonaro won and yes it was politically motivated at the outset -- neither of these things suggest he is innocent. Is Trump innocent because the whistleblower is a Biden supporter? No. Your claim that it is all made up is not a fact decided by anyone in authority to do so -- maybe it's true, maybe it isn't but so far the courts haven't found in his favor and his release has nothing to do with the facts of the case. Even the external pressure has been about the handling, not the facts of the case

Last edited:

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Being jailed by a fascist conspiracy doesnt make you an innocent

Being jailed by a facist conspiracy with no proof does make you an innocent

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, because it's really plausible that Rudy, Sondland, and Volker were just acting on their own trying to get dirt on the Biden's. No way would Trump want anything to do with that.

Give me a break, Bolton. 🙄

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, because it's really plausible that Rudy, Sondland, and Volker were just acting on their own trying to get dirt on the Biden's. No way would Trump want anything to do with that.

Give me a break, Bolton. 🙄

They're all falling in line.

Trump's gonna come out of this smelling like roses to the average, uninformed voter.

Maybe Nancy was right... Not that the House shouldn't impeach the fucker- They absolutely should, let history judge what Trump and his cronies have done. But it may hurt the party come 2020. We'll have to wait and see. But any hope that the GOP was going to do the right thing and cut ties should all but be over by now.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019

Trump's gonna come out of this smelling like roses to the average, uninformed voter.

Maybe Nancy was right... Not that the House shouldn't impeach the fucker- They absolutely should, let history judge what Trump and his cronies have done. But it may hurt the party come 2020. We'll have to wait and see. But any hope that the GOP was going to do the right thing and cut ties should all but be over by now.

lol calm down

bolton being his usual bootlicker self and now all of a sudden dems are in disarray again. give me a break.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main core of the party will, and that's what matters.

No way we're going to see over 10 GOP Senators defect. Just not gonna happen.

Well, only if all that matters is removal. Personally I think, given removal isn't going to happen regardless, getting all of the crimes documented on the record is more important --- especially because the GOP is going to vote that they're all okay. This is why I think it's dumb to rush this because a court case might drag it past Iowa

We can't control what the GOP does so should focus on what is right

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well, only if all that matters is removal. Personally I think, given removal isn't going to happen regardless, getting all of the crimes documented on the record is more important --- especially because the GOP is going to vote that they're all okay. This is why I think it's dumb to rush this because a court case might drag it past Iowa

I'm in agreement there, I want these fucks on record defending this.

But we've already heard what the plan is going to be (basically, yeah it was a quid-pro-quo, and yeah he was abusing power... But does it rise to the level of impeachment? Of course not!) and he'll play the victim card like only he can. It's not like it was with Nixon because we already have the 'smoking gun' and it doesn't seem like the GOP is budging at all.

Oh hell no, but he'll collect a new stench as a result of it. It's also 100% ethically the right thing for dems to do. If you don't impeach someone over this kind of shit, what would it ever take?

I will say... if the senate vote was anonymous I think he'd get removed.

Agreed 100%. We've already heard from former Senators that he would be removed tomorrow if the vote was anonymous.

Alas, political expediency always wins. Party over country every time.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
I take back my Bolton theory. I bet he's so petty, like Trump, that he's fishing for a public apology and praise from Trump after how he left.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
Nothing to do with disarray.

It just... Is what it is. People here don't honestly think he's going to be removed from office, right?

it's been clear he won't get removed for a while. I don't understand why you're suddenly so scared of that? it's likely to hurt swing state R senators rather than Dems

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018

Why on Earth would this hurt the party in 2020

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why on Earth would this hurt the party in 2020

Mostly because recent polling data that I've read puts independents right in the middle- Important votes that could determine the election... And from what I've read, they do not support impeachment in the swing states.

That may change, but there's a chance it won't. To many, this is actually starting to look like another episode in an endless campaign to get rid of Trump.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

"Most voters in Arizona (52 percent to 45 percent), Florida (53 percent to 42 percent), Michigan (51 percent to 42 percent), North Carolina (53 percent to 43 percent), Pennsylvania (52 percent to 45 percent), and Wisconsin (51 percent to 45 percent) say they oppose Congress's potential removal of Trump from office."

From NYT/Sienna poll.

Yeah, yeah... I know. One poll.

But, from a reputable pollster. We need to see more data but yeah, I'd be lying if I said that didn't worry me. And it should worry you guys, too.

Apparently that means the Dems are in disarray or something. Even though it has nothing to do with them at all.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
"Most voters in Arizona (52 percent to 45 percent), Florida (53 percent to 42 percent), Michigan (51 percent to 42 percent), North Carolina (53 percent to 43 percent), Pennsylvania (52 percent to 45 percent), and Wisconsin (51 percent to 45 percent) say they oppose Congress's potential removal of Trump from office."

From NYT/Sienna poll.

Yeah, yeah... I know. One poll.

But, from a reputable pollster. We need to see more data but yeah, I'd be lying if I said that didn't worry me. And it should worry you guys, too.

Apparently that means the Dems are in disarray or something. Even though it has nothing to do with them at all.

It's the same reason there's a gap between "impeach" and "impeach and remove." It's about question wording.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Or, you know. Data.

But yeah, just write me off as another hysteric. If that makes you guys feel better or something.

You're focusing solely on "impeach AND removal" which is far different than the inquiry that many support than oppose. We went into this knowing that removing Trump from office through impeachment and conviction wasn't going to happen, especially with the GOP Senate. This mainly going to use to put them on the record for defending an obvious criminal and having them receive as much political pain as possible. And since they're bleeding out the suburban vote at a fast rate, playing cute isn't gonna folks like Collins, McSally, Gardner and Tillis.

Status
Not open for further replies.