• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Maddow reading the Fiona Hill deposition. Hill absolutely eviscerated the Republican representatives and their staff lawyers. If next week these witnesses do half of what they did in the depositions, Jordan won't be able to get out so much as a "Mr. Chairman" before being snapped out of existence.

I just saw this.....Holy Sh*t!

That Fiona Hill transcript was like seeing the hunted become the hunter. She completely flipped the script and made the GOP lawyer shrivel up into a fetal position. Man I wish this happened in a public hearing.

I hope the public hearings have some of the same energy and astonishment that the private depositions had. The upside for the Democrats is that they know what the witnesses are going to say in the public hearings. The downside is that they're won't be any dramatic reveals and the GOP will be better prepared to attack the witnesses. For example when James Comey in the Spring of 2017 revealed that there was a counter-intelligence investigation on the Trump campaign, it stunned the room. We won't get anything like that this time.

We're going to have a careful preprogrammed rollout of witnesses. I hope having them essentially reenact their deposition will be newsworthy enough to make a splash and we won't have the media saying, "Well we already knew that. Nothing new".

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Somethings up and it's hard not to tie this to Bolton as well. I would think this strategy is coming out of the newly formed war room.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
You know what I want BADLY.. and no one has considered it a possibility yet but i BADLY want this:

I want trump to unironically say during the debates next year to whoever he is running against: "Ok Boomer"

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I just think it would be hilarious and fall in line with trumps brand of lacking self awareness thats why i want to see him say something like that to appear like he understands the pop culture reference of it all.
It's trump, his followers will like anything he does, and his haters (rightfully so) will hate anything he does

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
The courts need to step up and treat the absolute immunity bullshit like the house-on-fire constitutional challenge that it is. Trump, w/e, but it can't cover his lackeys and faffing about for months in court isn't acceptable when there's an election looming.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
I'm totally bitter ending Amy here in the WA primary, only way I vote for Warren is if bullshit Bernie or Pete is still in the hunt.

Her campaign is also mucky yuck but one thing about her is that she reps pragmatism but not bipartisanship.fairy tales and pixie dust.

She should have co-opted the good parts of Warren's campaign ( wealth concentration, stopping regulatory capture) sooner. This goes for everyone but Amy would be doing so much better if she was taking the good ideas on the table, packing them in Midwest charm, and then drawing contrasts where Warren overreaches because of her worldview, presenting her own ideas that are better, sensible, and pragmatic.

This honestly goes for everyone in the race that isn't Bernie or Warren. Kamala came SO close to pulling it off but she couldn't keep the message coherent.
Your boy fucked around and donated to Amy yesterday.

I'll feel bad if Holder enters, but I've been in a funk since Beto exited and she out here being reasonably honest and has that Midwest charm.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
EDIT: Not the official logo

ohQtqWb.jpg

Last edited:

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
KPtLbEy.jpg

Not really sure why they went with 69ing rather than spooning.
MSPaintjob.
Give me some money Bloomberg.

Hillary stopped paying.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I really really wish that Biden was just a stronger candidate. I know he's inferior on literally every issue compared to Warren and Bernie but if he was operating at full strength and running a good campaign he'd be the clear cut favorite going into the Primaries and be by far the best match up against Trump. But in his current state he's of no use to anyone.

The biggest problem with Biden is that once you 'Beat Trump' you have a man in office that does not understand that congress of 2020 and congress of 1978 are two completely different things.

Biden would get mercilessly owned by McConnell's obstruction and cave on nonsense repeatedly exactly as he did as VP. You'd be left with a candidate that wasted all 2020 gains, passed nothing, and would get DEMOLISHED as soon as the Republicans ran someone just as racist but more competent than Trump in 2024.

Biden in office is the LAST thing you want, it's a disaster.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I wish democrats were petty enough to hold public press conferences and hearings about Jim Jordan ignoring a pedophile he worked with.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
The biggest problem with Biden is that once you 'Beat Trump' you have a man in office that does not understand that congress of 2020 and congress of 1978 are two completely different things.

Biden would get mercilessly owned by McConnell's obstruction and cave on nonsense repeatedly exactly as he did as VP. You'd be left with a candidate that wasted all 2020 gains, passed nothing, and would get DEMOLISHED as soon as the Republicans ran someone just as racist but more competent than Trump in 2024.

good post.

Oct 26, 2017
The courts need to step up and treat the absolute immunity bullshit like the house-on-fire constitutional challenge that it is. Trump, w/e, but it can't cover his lackeys and faffing about for months in court isn't acceptable when there's an election looming.

Democrats could probably ask for one of these cases to be expedited, but it would take about 5-8 weeks to wind through all courts and Dems are trying to move at warp speed. Also Dems likely think it's not worth delaying the whole process by a month or more just get Bolton or Mulvaney. No point in delaying the inquiry for a month just to put a hostile witness on the stand. Bolton may have some interesting info that colors the story more but he's probably going to be a Trump apologist

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Judge Judy on Maher promoting Bloomberg. Maher pretty much shut that down, then crapped all over Bernie and Warren for the pie in the sky medicare for all proposals. Maher continues to be garbage.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Judge Judy on Maher promoting Bloomberg. Maher pretty much shut that down, then crapped all over Bernie and Warren for the pie in the sky medicare for all proposals. Maher continues to be garbage.
I understand the meaning of every individual word in this post, but collectively they have me scratching my head. The thought of Judge Judy on Bill Maher doesn't seem to gel.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Biden has always viewed compromise or working with his Senate GOP buddies as the ends instead of the means.
He just wants to be back in the club.

The same club that includes people like Lindsey Graham who cried in that interview saying how Biden is one of The greatest men he's ever known.
And then now protects a criminal who's trying to tar Biden's whole family with corruption.

Biden is constitutionally incapable of seeing the GOP for what they are, Instead of what he wants them to be.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Don't forget, Biden will also make 2022 a bloodbath. Senate will become R firewall and we will most likely lose House.

Status
Not open for further replies.