• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Reuters:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Democratic lawmakers tried their hand at reality television with mixed results on Wednesday as they presented arguments to the American public for the impeachment of a former star of the genre, Donald Trump.
Unlike the best reality TV shows - not to mention the Trump presidency itself - fireworks and explosive moments were scarce, however.

Li6p6q9.png

Jeff Mason @jeffmason1

Consequential, but dull: Trump impeachment hearings begin without a bang https://reut.rs/36Xkr8B

9:35 PM - Nov 13, 2019

Brian Schatz @brianschatz

Holy cow there's really no reason to treat this like it's community theatre. https://twitter.com/jeffmason1/status/1194805959627018240 …

10:30 PM - Nov 13, 2019

Dan Zak @MrDanZak

"Democratic lawmakers tried their hand at reality television with mixed results..."

What? https://twitter.com/jeffmason1/status/1194805959627018240 …

10:24 PM - Nov 13, 2019

This is the best response imo

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Jim Jordan needs to be impeached for not wearing a jacket. He was the only dude in the whole room thinking it was casual Friday. The first impeachment hearing in over 20 years and dude shows up like that? Embarrassing.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, she's been playing with that TERF line lately. Least her daughter isn't. She needs to go away.
Jim Jordan needs to be impeached for not wearing a jacket. He was the only dude in the whole room thinking it was casual Friday. The first impeachment hearing in over 20 years and dude shows up like that? Embarrassing.
The people he's trying to appeal to probably think him being a rebel and not wearing a jacket is very non-elite.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see the media decided to show it's ass again.

Impeachment isn't sexy. GTFO and go watch the masked singer.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the whistleblower shows up in a carnival-style mask of The Mandelorian, now streaming on Disney+. audiences will be able to vote on whomst they suspect is underneath.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
So... serious question here-- What percentage of GOP lawmakers are LARPing being sociopaths and what percentage have legit brainwashed themselves into thinking that whatever they're doing is reality and entirely justified?

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought it was too hot in there for him so he took it off, because of how loud, sweaty, and agitated he seemed to be.
I don't actually remember the Gym wearing a jacket to a hearing before.

So... serious question here-- What percentage of GOP lawmakers are LARPing being sociopaths and what percentage have legit brainwashed themselves into thinking that whatever they're doing is reality and entirely justified?
That's a hard question. The only ones that can answer that are the reporters that take their off-record confessions.

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd say 90% are larping. They are riding the Trump wave to stay in power, including the biggest showboats like Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz. There would be a tiny percentage of truly dumb fucks.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Granted, I've only really heard this point on Pod Save America, but apparently GOP reps and their staffers all have fox news on in their offices, and it's having the same effect on them as it's had on our collective aunt and uncle.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd say 90% are larping. They are riding the Trump wave to stay in power, including the biggest showboats like Gym Jordan and Matt Gaetz. There would be a tiny percentage of truly dumb fucks.
I'd put Gaetz down as a true believer type. The Gym has experience covering shit up, so I don't think he's a true believer but he'd eat that shit line till the day he goes to jail.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely not defending Hillary here, but

The former Secretary of State stopped by BBC Radio 4 on Tuesday to promote The Book of Gutsy Women, a profile of 100 extraordinary women co-authored with daughter Chelsea.

Radio 4 runs for, like, 18 hours a fucking day, and has a mixture of news, religious talk, entertainment, soap, arts reviews, and essentially audio books. Use some bloody specificity in your articles plskthnx, because Hillary could've gone on multiple shows or just one during the day.

Edit: Seems like she appeared on Today, which is a mixture of news, interviews and fluff every morning. Not listened to it, but this is probably it: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07tnr11?

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'd put Gaetz down as a true believer type. The Gym has experience covering shit up, so I don't think he's a true believer but he'd eat that shit line till the day he goes to jail.
I honestly think the louder they are, the more they're in on it. Kinda like the biggest gay bashers being secretly gay. Doth protest too much.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Oct 26, 2017
Reuters and now NBC News? WTF?

The media so far has done a decent job during the impeachment inquiry not falling for obvious bait, but they're going to hugely fail the American people if they're judging the impeachment hearings based off their entertainment and "sizzle" value. This is suppose to be a serious somber process because at the end of this process there's a potential to remove an elected US President. So why is the media holding it to the standard of a vapid scripted reality show? I mean how exactly did Reuters/NBC News want Taylor & Kent to do differently? Should they have come prepped with more "zingers"? Should Taylor have jumped over the table and punched Gym Jordan in the face?

I'm genuinely pissed off. Those same media outlets lambasted Democrats during the Cory Lewondoski hearing for being a circus and a reality show with little to no substance. Now they're clamoring for a circus atmosphere during an impeachment inquiry. I don't think our media is capable of handling serious news stories anymore.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
How in the world do we push back when all the media platforms are more worried about ratings than the truth?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
why should the american people care about impeachment when pokemon and star wars are on the way, and most haven't even finished death stranding?

if you could assign an opencritic score for the impeachment today, would it be mighty?

adamsappel

Oct 27, 2017
I will unashamedly vote for the first male politician to give up wearing ties. If JFK could destroy the men's hat market , someone needs to be brave enough to kill ties. I'm sure Jordan thinks he looks serious, like he's taken off his jacket for some hard work, but if you're not even going to loosen the tie, you just look like someone forced to dress up.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
As a "major media reporter", wouldn't they know what those numbers are? Did they just want a quote from an NYU professor to punctuate their own farts?
The ratings won't come in until tomorrow morning. They're actually very important... if they're not higher than the broadcast network's normal daytime garbage they'll stop showing the hearings. I was at the gym during the opening statements and it was interesting to see the entire wall of TVs with it on... just not the cable business channels who were showing live senate fed chair testimony. Since. You know. Money > country. Fucking Wall Street.
Off-topic, but apparently Disney+ cropped the entire old Simpsons catalogue into 16:9. Like, wtf, just leave old TV be to be experienced as originally intended. This gif would look absolute terrible cropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.