• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Lovely photo of BigBaby:

NEW * Season of Weakness "President Trump, whose paramount concern long has been showing strength, has entered the most challenging stretch of his term, weakened on virtually every front & in danger of being forced from office."

Do you want more applesauce after kiliing all those poor Kurds?

"PHHHHHHHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT"

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
at what point did he ever have these safeguards
He had people like Fiona Hill, Bolton (lol but yea) and Yovanovich around him telling him no to his crazy ploys. They aren't working with him anymore along with a slew of other people leftover from the Obama administration. He has an insane turnover rate and now there are no competent people left at the WH.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
A trend that was pointed out a year or two ago was that people new to the administration tended to say "oh god he's getting worse" whereas people who have been around Trump for years already say "no, he's always been like this."

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Biden and Klobuchar are really trying to outdo each other on who can be the more annoying centrist in this primary.
Honestly Pete is worse than both considering he's WELL AWARE of what people want and that progressive legislation is badly needed, but knows he can't compete in that lane with Warren and Sanders and instead is running as a young Biden alternative.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
So did that china/trump trade deal ever happen? My fox news watching dad was bragging how he had some trade deal happening and then i thought i saw somewhere that it wasn't??

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Being anti establishment leads you to do some dumb ass things? This shouldn't be news to anyone.

I did some dumb ass things when I was 7 too.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
when I did a search for that name I found Marty Knoellenberg who... yeah. But his father was the one who served in congress in 06.
Yes, his father Joe served in the US House for years and lost to Gary Peters in 2008. He's the one to whom Tlaib donated. Marty's never gotten above the state legislature.

I wouldn't donate to even a "reasonable" Republican, but whatever. That donation from last year is a problem.

May 26, 2018

Our house of cards is coming down.

I can understand someone doing some stupid shit in 2006. I kinda did. People can change.

But the donation to Wadud last year? This is a quote from a Wadud facebook post.

"For instance, there was no need for America to go to war against Hitler. Hitler was not the enemy of America or the American people. There was a mutual animosity between Hitler and the Jews. So, the American people paid a very heavy price for fighting someone else's war."

Like, wow.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Oh dear, I didn't know Tahirah Amatul Wadud was a nutter. No wonder Neal beat her in a landslide.

Thankfully, Alex Morse is anything but a nutter, so hopefully he can primary Neal in 2020.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Again, the 2006 donation was actually to Joe Knollenberg, a longtime US rep for the area. Unlike his son Marty, for whom the tweeter has him confused, he never said anything overtly racist that I can find. Still questionable to donate to a Republican, but I can live with it.

Donating to an anti-Semite who writes posts like the above in 2018 is very bad.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I can understand someone doing some stupid shit in 2006. I kinda did. People can change.

But the donation to Wadud last year? This is a quote from a Wadud facebook post.

"For instance, there was no need for America to go to war against Hitler. Hitler was not the enemy of America or the American people. There was a mutual animosity between Hitler and the Jews. So, the American people paid a very heavy price for fighting someone else's war."

Like, wow.
jesus christ.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I googled Wadud and just got a bunch of glowing articles about her as a progressive challenging the establishment.

Was this widely known back then?

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Honestly Pete is worse than both considering he's WELL AWARE of what people want and that progressive legislation is badly needed, but knows he can't compete in that lane with Warren and Sanders and instead is running as a young Biden alternative.

That, and apparently someone told him that he should be a massive asshole in the last Dem debate.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I googled Wadud and just got a bunch of glowing articles about her as a progressive challenging the establishment.

Was this widely known back then?
I'm in MA, though nowhere near that district (it's Western MA) and it wasn't ever brought up in any of the local articles I saw. All I knew was she is a Muslim POC and was gonna get spanked (and did) in Western MA.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Tlaib's district is 56.5% black, she's lost an election previously in the district, and she's expected to have a challenger. Would not be surprised if the squad is down to 3 next year.
Yep. She squeaked a 1% victory last year and actually lost the special election to complete Conyers's term. She's always been the most vulnerable of the four.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tlaib's district is 56.5% black, she's lost an election previously in the district, and she's expected to have a challenger. Would not be surprised if the squad is down to 3 next year.
I wonder how many people saw her name and thought she was black. I thought she was till she got elected.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
The timing of this with the endorsement of Sanders is....... :chefs kiss:
(I'm sure Rose Twitter will call it a plot within the next 2-4 hours)

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda crazy that this just seems to be him browsing prominent people's donations for funsies (Rao is more a lolwut? really? coming from Yang) and then accidentally trips over a nuke.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Fiona Hill and Yovanovich were very competent people.
Fiona Hill was appointed and continued to serve a corrupt administration even with the knowledge that crimes were being committed.

She is not the bastion of competence you paint her as, even if she knows stuff about European and Russian affairs and once had a moral compass.

Pretty sure if someone looked Amy straight in her eyes, they'll receive a stapler in theirs.
Lol, everybody knows when Amy looks at you you look down at the ground.

We all serve at the pleasure.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I think there was one poll out of PPP:
One of the more concerning numbers for Gabbard is that 50% of Democratic primary voters said they would prefer to vote for someone else in the upcoming CD2 election.

Also, the FEC portal is fun for nerds.

Lol, Ivanka has donated to Booker a lot:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fiona Hill was appointed and continued to serve a corrupt administration even with the knowledge that crimes were being committed.

She is not the bastion of competence you paint her as, even if she knows stuff about European and Russian affairs and once had a moral compass.
The people who were trying to make the best out of a terrible situation who didn't really have the clout to stand up and do something about it shouldn't be punished for it.

Someone like Mattis, though, deserves all the shit for being a company man when he had the ability to say something after leaving.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
The people who were trying to make the best out of a terrible situation who didn't really have the clout to stand up and do something about it shouldn't be punished for it.
Nor should they be coddled or rewarded for it.

She fucked up, bigly. And she has to live with the stain of it. Resign if you have a conscience.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I keep donating to Kai. The last one in my memo line on my ccheckbook says "For Hillary."
I'm THAT kinda shady bish.

Status
Not open for further replies.