• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Mandy Moore?
giphy.gif
She's on one of the top Making White People Feel Good About Themselves network TV shows, so she's a perfect fit for an Iowa event.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
so in the eyes of the average person here, is bernie gonna take a hit from all this or nah. too tired/stupid to tell

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
What you SHOULD have gone after Biden for was Anita Hill. It has the double wammy of being racist and sexist, plus it was one of the most disgusting things he's ever done. His ass should have been called out on it from day one. Why no one went after him on it makes no sense to me. Instead, everyone has been sniping at whomever happens to be in second place at any given moment. This ain't Rupaul's best friend race. Go for the fucking throat or what are we even doing here?

Also, if I was Warren, I'd say nothing about the stories until the debate. No matter what she says, CNN is going to ask the question about the "Woman can't win" and "Your campaign pamphlet" thing. If she has receipts for the first, I'd drag his ass halfway across the stage with it. If you don't, then you get to take the high road. Hell, you can even non answer the story with "I won't discuss private conversations we had about the 2020 campaign, only to say blah blah blah."

Historically, when Bernie's been put on the spot for shitty things his campaign has done, he has not reacted how we would define as well. (Remember the exchange in 2016 when his campaign was caught in Hillary's voter data, and it took pulling teeth to get him to apologize?") So I can guaran-fucking-tee you he's gonna get pissy when he's asked about the pamphlet. And, while I know a lot of his supporters really love the grumpy grandpa thing, a lot of voters don't, especially some of the ones he needs to win over to actually get the nomination.

Honestly, the two stories are so perfectly aligned with a lot of the red flags that people have about Bernie. If leveraged correctly, it could be really, really good for Warren.

But, instead, they'll snip at each other, Amy will yell WHY CANT WE JUST GET ALONG, and Biden will skate above it all.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Ya, I think this is going to leave a mark. it fits the narrative of why Bernie is often a shitty person to a fucking letter.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
So after Bernie comes out and says it's a lie, Warren comes out and says 'that mfer said it but let's move on'.

I love her, lol.

Craymond

Oct 28, 2017
Portland
Oh boy this doesn't look good for Bernie. Warren came out looking good in this. I believe her, I'm sure the context was her compared to Clinton but that context doesn't look good either.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
He's really going to win over Clinton voters.

How do those things matter when he's leading the Iowa poll?
It's LITERALLY the worst possible thing that could be levied against Bernie Sanders. it fits the narrative to a fucking letter.

It's :chefs kiss:

Warren's response means he either has to admit he said it (which would be bad) or call her a liar (which would also be bad.)

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I mean there is a big difference between

"I don't think a woman can win because women are weak and dumb" and "I don't think a woman can win because America is hella sexist - did you see what they just did in 2016?"

Lots of people in this thread have said the later (unfortunately). What Bernie said, at least right now, could have gone either way right?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm just so tired of all the Dem on Dem shitslinging and "controversies."

I just wanna fast forward to the point where we have the nominee so we can go full bore at Trump.

Nov 20, 2017

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this will hurt him but lets hear the actual context, because that sounds like 'in 2020' not 'period'. This seems like a deliberate knife twist, sadly for both of them, but I'll want to hear more.

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious how this got out--Once the report appeared and Bernie denied it, Warren seemingly had to release a statement to stem the 'look at Warren panicking; all this recent not-great Bernie stuff just reflects so poorly on her' takes that were starting to pop up. If she didn't intend to go public--if a staffer leaked it or something--the delay in statement makes sense because threading the needle between acknowledging it as kind of fucked up and not actively wanting to trash Sanders over it would take some work.

So ready for this whole mess to be over, but fully expect to hear more about how actually this all makes Warren look bad.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bernie made this so much worse than it had to be. If he just came out and said "I meant to say not that a woman couldn't run because she's a woman, but due to the nature of America right now. It was worded poorly on my part; Liz would make an excellent President." If that was his answer, some would make a stink of it, but it would largely go away.

Instead, he lied about it, and now that will be used to fit a pattern: that he's vain, that he has an inflated opinion of himself, that he believes his own savior hype, etc. It's an own goal when it didn't need to be.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This is officially he-said she-said now and everyone is going to believe one or the other, but not both.

Also, if you don't think CNN won't ask about this exact issue, REPEATEDLY. And RE-VISIT IT IN THE FUTURE, you're out of your goddammn mind.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
This still isn't very interesting, and still remains very low on the political heat scale of throwing haymakers.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Bernie made this so much worse than it had to be. If he just came out and said "I meant to say not that a woman couldn't run because she's a woman, but due to the nature of America right now. It was worded poorly on my part; Liz would make an excellent President." If that was his answer, some would make a stink of it, but it would largely go away.

Instead, he lied about it, and now that will be used to fit a pattern: that he's vain, that he has an inflated opinion of himself, that he believes his own savior hype, etc. It's an own goal when it didn't need to be.

OR he didn't lie, and Liz heard what she wanted to hear. Misconstrued.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
bernie is now a sexist for expressing a very common anxiety that a woman wouldn't able to win in 2020.

I disagree with bernie, but this kind of innuendo from the warren campaign is some pretty nasty stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.