• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
Acknowledging that he has a corruption problem to face against Trump in the general is not the same as saying "I think he´s corrupt", which is not the point of the newsletter i received.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, so why not. My weed hasn't kicked in yet...

1) How is Biden corrupt? Specifics please?
2) The campaign is trying to argue that working with Republicans somehow makes Biden corrupt. I guess Bernie is corrupt too since he worked with McCain.
3) If the campaign wants to call Biden corrupt, then they need to fucking own it. Don't let Sirota release a shitty piece through your campaign and then try to say you've never called him corrupt. Either piss or get off the pot.

I'm actually starting to wonder what Bernie's actually aware of, if his campaign keeps doing stuff he doesn't know about. Are we sure he's not senile?

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017

oop, someone send brie brie the memo!

I'm actually starting to wonder what Bernie's actually aware of, if his campaign keeps doing stuff he doesn't know about. Are we sure he's not senile?

You really shouldn't have to be constantly apologizing for your staff and surrogates bullshit.

That is.. Unless you generally suck at picking staff and it spills over to your surrogates.

This is worse than incompetence.

It's goddamned laziness.

I will never say I am the hardest working person, but when I do commit to a job, a presentation, a relation, or whatever other aspect of our lives requires work, I fucking commit to the work. I'm details-oriented; I want to know exactly where that address is (give me a zip code); I want to know how long this presentation is supposed to be and I want to get it down to a science; you want a word count? I'll write it to within 5 words, always over.

That's what I want in someone in a leadership, thus Presidential, role. I think Warren is that person; I though Hillary would be that person. Bernie isn't that person. He's a lazy ass.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's laziness.
He strikes me as someone who is more into big picture ideas than actual details orientation, and simply may not be very good at the latter.

Which I mean is not my cup of tea. But it appeals to some people.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Am I imagining it or does it always seem to be Bernie apologizing for things his staff has done, and not so much other candidates?

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Am I imagining it or does it always seem to be Bernie apologizing for things his staff has done, and not so much other candidates?

Bernie surrounding himself with shitty or dumb staff is a reoccurring problem. Good staffing is also one of the most important responsibilities of the Executive Branch too. So....yeah :/

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
bernie comes out in favor of civility:
CBS News asked Sanders if he approved of his supporters aggressively attacking his opponents online.

"No, I really don't," he said. "If anyone knows me, what I believe is we need a serious debate in this country on issues. We don't need to demonize people who may disagree with us."

"I appeal to my supporters: Please, engage in civil discourse," he added. "And by the way, we're not the only campaign that does it. Other people act that way as well. I would appeal to everybody: Have a debate on the issues. We can disagree with each other without being disagreeable, without being hateful. That is not what American politics should be about."

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
idk Biden having to apologize for groping children was pretty memorable. I'm not sure if Buttigieg apologized for faking black supporters, but he probably should have. But yeah having to apologize for an op-ed written by a surrogate - wow is that bad.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I'd agree that Biden isn't a details person, but I think he would hire them.

Bernie is a big ideas guy who hires big ideas folks, and eventually down the line some 5th-level employee looks at the bullshit coming down and panics.
Yeh, I mean it's fine if you balance it out with having details-oriented doers and implementers around you.

I don't think he hires big ideas people. I think he hires shit people like Turner, based more on kiss the ring.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if Pelosi thought McConnell compressing the hell out of the trial with 12 hour days was likely when she finally sent over the articles.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
idk Biden having to apologize for groping children was pretty memorable. I'm not sure if Buttigieg apologized for faking black supporters, but he probably should have. But yeah having to apologize for an op-ed written by a surrogate - wow is that bad.

"My guy is only 50% bullshit; your guy is 60% bullshit! I have less shit!"

I don't think he hires big ideas people. I think he hires shit people like Turner.

Fair point!

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I do wonder if Pelosi thought McConnell compressing the hell out of the trial with 12 hour days was likely when she finally sent over the articles.
Of course. The only people who think that there was ever any chance of a real "trial" seem to all be on this forum.

It was always going to be a bullshit process ending in acquittal. It's possible they just dismiss outright (I think that's the best political outcome for us, so I don't expect Repubs will do it—even though they want more than anything to make it go away as soon as possible).

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I have a question for Sanders supporters that's not meant to be rude.or dismissive. Where do you envision Bernie making up his delegate loses in the south?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"My guy is only 50% bullshit; your guy is 60% bullshit! I have less shit!"

Fair point!
well I think the question some have been posing in this thread is whether or not Bernie has been the only candidate making apologies, or whether he's unique in having to make apologies. And the answer is clearly no. The fact that people don't remember other candidates faux pas, says more about how much Bernie occupies their mind. And then acting like im the one bringing it up when im simply answering questions posted in this thread...

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Acknowledging that he has a corruption problem to face against Trump in the general is not the same as saying "I think he´s corrupt", which is not the point of the newsletter i received.
Man this is some "not 30 years" or Dershowitz arguing his argument against Clinton matches up fine with his argument for Trump type stuff lol

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I know we'll all say that "we'll we knew Republicans would acquit..." but Republicans also controlled the Senate during Clinton's trial and still survived.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I have a question for Sanders supporters that's not meant to be rude.or dismissive. Where do you envision Bernie making up his delegate loses in the south?
Between this and his stance on the filibuster I'm supremely anxious that Warren isn't the leading national progressive rn

Status
Not open for further replies.