• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone following politics in the last six months know exactly why this keeps happening and what´s the narrative being pushed. This is a shout out to the hundreds of users reading these thread but feeling intimidated to post, kind of like i was a few months back.
Yes, the online Sanders supporters are timid, bullied and non-vocal. Thank you for speaking out!

Bernie Sanders fans, r u ok?

We're here for you fam.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
You might be interested in this (check timelines):

And I will always recommend the following article written just a few days before the "perfect" phone call:

Even with all we know, back when impeachment started and well before it, we're still just looking at the tip here.

Oh fuck me, I forgot about that javelin-mueller thing.

Jesus christ, he really is Putin's lapdog.

"found the recording"

"Please give me a plea deal too!"

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Republicans could ever entertain the idea of removal because they don't have the wheels of a presidential nomination in order, and if for some impossible scenario that they did convict, I am unsure that they would float VP due to his close association in these events. It's just a political impossibility imo, but I do hope they drag that fucker through the mud.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Republicans could ever entertain the idea of removal because they don't have the wheels of a presidential nomination in order, and if for some impossible scenario that they did impeach, I am unsure that they would float VP due to his close association in these events. It's just a political impossibility imo, but I do hope they drag that fucker through the mud.

While the president should be removed I would take at least a majority in the senate for conviction. Basically says he was convicted of the crime but not enough to remove him.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
You mean plurality, and you won't get either.

Not saying we would get it. And it would be a majority that I am asking for, I am talking 51-49 in favor of removal. But you would need 67 for the actual removal so you can say "Majority favored removal, but did not meet 2/3rd required". And I do believe it is possible with the right set of factors, possible but HIGHly unlikely, I am simply stating what I would wish would happen given the situation that I think should be possible despite everything and it would at least create something other then an outright acquittal.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Also I kind of missed the whole Bernard/Rogan thing by being passed out from my cold but it's nice to see adam and myself continuing to be right.

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
This Pompeo blowing up on NPR reporter is crazy.
Shows they are shook. Even if Trump is inevitably acquitted in the Senate thanks to the GOP traitors, shows that these fucks know their day will come. Unfortunately probably not jail time, but it will still be good knowing Trump and his garbage people will be booed out of any place besides Mar-a-lago for the rest of their lives.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Schiff is right.

Bill Clinton's biggest mistake wasn't that he lied about a BJ, it's that he didn't abuse the law to deny all subpoena requests and NOT show up to defend himself and undergo questioning.

His biggest mistake was not being as grossly unethical, nefarious, and unprincipled as a Republican leader in office.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie's biggest weakness being the people he hires or amplifies the voice of? It's my biggest fear of him, at least. I like Bernie enough (and would certainly vote him over Trump) but he's not my first choice because of that.

I wouldn't disagree on that, unfortunately. He does have very amazing people around him but you know what they say about rotten apples.

I'd also say his major weakness is trying to run a General Election campaign during a Primary. He was doing well in that regard until yesterday. I would also say that his middle management staff seems to be very cis straight male (unlike his voters / volunteers) because I don't see how a RT/video like that gets approved otherwise.

Perhaps they do think this will help them in Iowa, being a same-day registration caucus full of white people, and they are hoping everyone forgets about it by Super Tuesday. Still, morals aside, it seems like an unnecessarily big risk that might backfire.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. I almost always am.

ohyou.jpg

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't disagree on that, unfortunately. He does have very amazing people around him but you know what they say about rotten apples.

I'd also say his major weakness is trying to run a General Election campaign during a Primary. He was doing well in that regard until yesterday. I would also say that his middle management staff seems to be very cis straight male (unlike his voters / volunteers) because I don't see how a RT/video like that gets approved otherwise.

Perhaps they do think this will help them in Iowa, being a same-day registration caucus full of white people, and they are hoping everyone forgets about it by Super Tuesday. Still, morals aside, it seems like an unnecessarily big risk that might backfire.
Gray has written "anti-identity politics" crap before and Turner tried to hire a MAGAhat as her COS, and Sirota tried his hardest to get Trump elected last year. I don't think it's just a racial issue, it's the overall mentality of the people he's bringing on where the Dems are enemy #1.

Oct 27, 2017
Gray has written "anti-identity politics" crap before and Turner tried to hire a MAGAhat as her COS, and Sirota tried his hardest to get Trump elected last year. I don't think it's just a racial issue, it's the overall mentality of the people he's bringing on where the Dems are enemy #1.

I've come to the conclusion that they failed at building coalitions, and instead treated it as a hostile takeover of the Democratic infrastructure, but then slowly realized they weren't smart enough, or nimble enough to accomplish that either.

My own critique of this theory is that I am not exactly sure these staffers intended to build coalitions, but were just claiming space in the public consciousness to build their own brands while riding Sanders' wave.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if parnas has any recordings of trump conversing with either of these guys he "doesn't know".

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that they failed at building coalitions, and instead treated it as a hostile takeover of the Democratic infrastructure, but then slowly realized they weren't smart enough, or nimble enough to accomplish that either.

My own critique of this theory is that I am not exactly sure these staffers intended to build coalitions, but were just claiming space in the public consciousness to build their own brands while riding Sanders' wave.
This is how they build their brands, by being obnoxious contrarian haters.

It turns out being an obnoxious contrarian hater is a bad way to build an electoral coalition.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
You might be interested in this (check timelines):

And I will always recommend the following article written just a few days before the "perfect" phone call:

Even with all we know, back when impeachment started and well before it, we're still just looking at the tip here.
The Mueller thing is a much better piece than what I was thinking. Now, if Yov got tied into it somehow...

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I take a nap and come back Parma's has an iCloud video of Trump talking for an hour? How?!

...And Pompeo lost his shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.