• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
oh shit, Schiff talking about the head on a pike report.
Susan Collins Murkowksi saying that's where Rep. Schiff lost her.
mjlol.png

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

"Moderate" darlings finding every excuse to be offended

Yeah as if the moderate darlings were every going to vote against Trump.

"I was totally going to vote to remove Trump until I heard THAT comment by Schiff! NOW I WON'T DO IT!"

This shit isn't fooling anyone and anytime these Senators have an outburst like that you KNOW that Schiff has their number.

Schiff is thoroughly and systematically putting these Senators on blast.

Oct 27, 2017

"Moderate" darlings finding every excuse to be offended

They're super mad that YOLO Schiff just launched a thousand ads pointing out our fine moderate darlings as the servile traitors they obviously are. These assholes know this is now electoral trench warfare, and Dems are stockpiling ammo to use against them. They are upset because they know it's exactly what they would do in the Dems position, and they know it's going to hurt when they inevitably acquit Trump.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Their vote to acquit is locked in, it's been locked in the whole time. Their only struggle is in figuring out what exactly to use an an excuse. This kind of thing is a trial balloon.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damn this anti Susan ad is devastating! (and from a conservative group as well)

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
This is bizarre because just an hour or two ago Bondy was saying they didn't leak the recording and didn't have possession of it. A likely story.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
This needs to be seen
It wouldn't directly speak to the policy-for-investigations scheme that came later, but it seems like it would establish beyond all doubt Trump's endorsement of Giuliani's efforts. And it might move the needle significantly since it's a video, as it might seem "direct" enough to the uninformed fencesitters who don't understand how evidence works.

Oct 27, 2017
They're pissed he brought it up because it's going to be what people are talking about, fruman recorded this thing and the house has it and news orgs have heard it and parnas' lawyer is going on record as I write this.

Oct 25, 2017
Bondy said he and Lev weren't the source for the ABC story. So the only other people who had the recording were SDNY and Fruman. Who gave the recording to ABC?

Oct 26, 2017
Lordy I hope there is a video.

It won't be directly relevant to the impeachment trial, but if it shows Trump conversing with Parnas then he'll be exposed as a liar in relation to the people surrounding this investigation. It'll remind people that Trump is a certified liar and there's absolutely no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt with anything related to the investigation.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I do think bringing up the pikes thing, which may not even be true and just came out, during a serious impeachment closing argument was incredibly stupid.

that said, continued fake outrage that absolutely no one should take seriously.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Tape is 1 hour and 24 minutes long, Yovanovitch comes up 40 minutes in as Bondy said on Maddow. Also talked about was javelins (which the recording was made on the day of the anti-tank javelins being delivered to Ukraine.)

So the Yovanovitch comment comes up 40 minutes in. Before they were talking Parnas' gas scheme. Parnas told Trump Ukrainians love him, but Yovanovitch was responsible for making them hate him.

Also discussed: Cannabis, and javelins. The Javelins are interesting given Volker's conflicts.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
They're super mad that YOLO Schiff just launched a thousand ads pointing out our fine moderate darlings as the servile traitors they obviously are. These assholes know this is now electoral trench warfare, and Dems are stockpiling ammo to use against them. They are upset because they know it's exactly what they would do in the Dems position, and they know it's going to hurt when they inevitably acquit Trump.
I hope Bloomberg empties his bank account fundraising this fall to put these faux moderate Republicans out of a job.

Pockets

Oct 27, 2017
I know I take advice and give out orders based on said advice from people I don't know.

I do it all the time. Usually over lunch or dinner with people I don't know.

I don't even know these people.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Schiff will probably take Pelosi's job when she's done after the 2022 elections.

Let's just hope he remains Speaker and doesn't start his career as Minority Leader.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Disingenuous or not, Schiff stepped in it worse than Nadler. He's great prepared but he seems prone to bad decisions in the moment. Shoulda left a report like that out of his closing arguments.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that there are so many pictures, and now word of an HOUR LONG iPhone video makes me wonder if Parnas wasn't basically a one-man sting operation that wasn't being overseen or paid for by anybody in the formal chain of command of law enforcement, and that's part of why he bore such amazing results.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Disingenuous or not, Schiff stepped in it worse than Nadler. He's great prepared but he seems prone to bad decisions in the moment. Shoulda left a report like that out of his closing arguments.
Come on. If it wasn't this, it was going to be something else. Dems are thinking about 2020 as much as anything, and the trial has been a net positive in increasing their chances of winning the WH and senate.

Status
Not open for further replies.