• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
Dershowitz's arguments for Trump's defense have been noticeably, uh, super insane. The idea that a president abusing the power of his office (and in fact recognizing it as literally that, an abuse of power) does not constitute a high crime and misdemeanor, coupled with the notion that it's okay for the president to commit such abuses in service of his re-election if he believes his re-election to be in the interest of the public, is an extremely bad, dangerous, lunatic precedent to establish.
Most definitely. Suffice to say, I don't expect anything less from the guy who argued the age of consent should be 15.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The progressive bills we're seeing come out of the Virginia legislature is what will happen if Democrats win the presidency and Senate this year. No matter who the president is.

The irony of the "better things aren't possible" meme is that it's often parroted by those who insist "better things aren't possible if my favored nominee isn't made president so they can unilaterally enact their agenda without congressional approval"

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
This is should be the header for |OT2|

Sj6gLLO.png

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Technically, those numbers wouldn't be a contested, contested convention. Biden would just need super delegates to put him over the top. Just like 2016. Just like 2008. We'd just go to two rounds of voting, and Biden would clinch it on the second. (Or whoever has the most pledged delegates)

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
There's no point in guessing what the delegate counts will be. How the first four states go influences how people vote later

Especially given how favorable the Super Tuesday map is for Biden (although recent polling out of California gives me pause in Bernie's favor). For Bernie to have a clean win he needs to not only win NV/IA/NH, but win big to take the wind out of Joe's sails.

My money's still on Liz to take it in Iowa. I think that will surprise us.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've already decided on post Democratic nomination OT titles.

JoeJoe's Bizarre Adventure

Col. Sanders Revolution(needs some work for Sanders)

and sadly putting this up because it's a longshot

"It's Elizabeth 'Cougar' Warren You Guys". :(

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Today has scared me about the future of the republic. For the last three years I have been afraid, but today will go down as one of the low points. The Republicans not only want a king, but seem to be inching steadily closer to supporting dissolving their own positions in the Legislative Branch.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Today has scared me about the future of the republic. For the last three years I have been afraid, but today will go down as one of the low points. The Republicans not only want a king, but seem to be inching steadily closer to supporting dissolving their own positions in the Legislative Branch.

the president is America, what helps him must then also be good for America and therefore can't be an abuse of power.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017

I don't think they want a king. They just want to win. Nothing else matters but winning. They are not even trying to win so that they can achieve some policy goal! They just want to win so they can keep winning.

The whole thing is so incredibly nihilistic. There's no greater vision or purpose to their effort. No plan to lead. Just win.

Status
Not open for further replies.