• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Instead of Benghazi we get war with Iran!

trump-dunce-cap.jpg

It also works because he's racist!

Happy New Year Era!

Reminders:
1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like, that's what the complaining channel on Discord (that no one who isn't already a member can see) is for.
1.5) Don't complain about OT Threads. We all want a better world, let's focus on the issues and not on being tone police.
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

US PoliEra 2019 |OT11| MOTHERFUCKER IMPEACHED
US PoliEra 2019 |OT10| Go Absent Yourself
US PoliEra 2019 |OT9| I'm really glad I'm not on Twitter nearly enough to understand all the references
US PoliEra 2019 |OT8| WHITE HOUSE ADMITS TO QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT7| It's happening
US PoliEra 2019 |OT6| Have You Hurd About These GOP Retirements?
US PoliEra 2019 |OT5| She's got a plan for that, now sashay away
US PoliEra 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG
US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)
US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan
US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia

US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.
US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
remember when that Trump official said that the Trump Doctrine was "We're America, bitch?"

great. just great.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
2020 update: America still murders civilians and doesn't pay people a living wage.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be hilariously ironic if the Republican Senate choose to implement the Democrats Election Security Bill in full due to concerns that Iranian hacks could swing the election away from Trump.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I wasn't totally on board with this thread title originally, but it turned out to be very appropriate.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You know, putting on a campaign hat for a second....assuming this turns into a thing (and there's no reason to assume it wouldn't) this plays into Biden's strengths being most coherent on foreign policy. Something that's been lacking from the primary thus far.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Still trying to catch up on the situation with Iran, and holy fuck this looks bad. Not sure how this will affect Trump's poll numbers, either. His base certainly loves any excuse to kill people with brown skin.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
You know, putting on a campaign hat for a second....assuming this turns into a thing (and there's no reason to assume it wouldn't) this plays into Biden's strengths being most coherent on foreign policy. Something that's been lacking from the primary thus far.
Yes, any conflict abroad will hand Biden the nomination.
Still trying to catch up on the situation with Iran, and holy fuck this looks bad. Not sure how this will affect Trump's poll numbers, either. His base certainly loves any excuse to kill people with brown skin.
The public doesn't want another war, doesn't trust him to execute one, and even some of his true believers would probably admit privately they don't trust him not to do something crazy. It will not help him.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean I do have to admit when Iraq happened in 2003 I felt like a crazy person not understanding how anyone bought into the Iraq war given the UN inspector intel on their programs. People got behind that they can get behind this. Support the Troops and all that. I was in 9th grade and I knew it was BS but it seemed like most people in MN did not. They were all in.

A major deployment moves people behind it even people you wouldn't expect. We got a lot of people sitting in chill spots and they get deployed to the gulf it effects a lot people

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
His base already supports him 100% so why would that change?

The public doesn't want another war, doesn't trust him to execute one, and even some of his true believers would probably admit privately they don't trust him not to do something crazy. It will not help him.

Both salient points.

And yeah, to me this represents the fear I've had since day one (and I suspect others as well): that a major foreign policy fuckup pulls us into a shitshow and/or war that he's only going to make worse. His base will feast on the hyper-nationalism and dead foreigners, but it's likely to further highlight to any sane individual just how not suited to being president he is (though it admittedly should already be long since obvious).

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@brianstelter
· 8m
Trump confidant @SeanHannity is off tonight, but he's phoning in to his own show and telling guest host Jason Chaffetz that tonight is a "massive, huge win" for the U.S. military and intelligence community. He says "this president acted as quickly as possible."

Brian Stelter

@brianstelter
Hannity's show has been running two banners, citing his "sources:"

"Sources to Hannity: Trump & advisers prepared for all scenarios after strike kills Iranian commander" and

"Sources to Hannity: U.S. military on high alert after U.S. airstrike kills top Iranian commander"

21:35 - 2 Jan 2020

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
If only someone had told people that Trump was reckless and dangerous and shouldn't be within 20 feet of the White House Situation Room.

Just leaving this here. No reason in particular.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017
@ShimonPro
As we await a White House statement on the news coming out of Iraq tonight, President Trump was seen at dinner tonight at his club, according to a person familiar. It's unclear if he is still in the dining area. @kaitlancollins

21:37 - 2 Jan 2020

Oct 25, 2017
Patriotism to conservatives has nothing to do with FDR, Washington, Lincoln, MLK....just jingoistic bullshit. Proud because they were born on a rock...not what the country is supposed to represent and uphold.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean I do have to admit when Iraq happened in 2003 I felt like a crazy person not understanding how anyone bought into the Iraq war given the UN inspector intel on their programs. People got behind that they can get behind this. Support the Troops and all that.
Bush was popular in 2003. Trump is decidedly not.

This Iranian Commander who's name I can't spell correctly has been in the US' crosshairs for some time. I imagine that Trump has been feeling the pressure, and made a hasty snap decision that is going to bite him in the ass.

He did it with Comey.
He did it with Ukraine.
Now he did it with Iran.

Also Brexit happens in about 30 days. Have fun dealing with how that effect global markets while you fight a proxy war in the Middle East.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Oh if Trump loses you know it'll just get worse.

I know he can't really do anything like, on the level of canceling elections or anything, but you know he'll try fucking everything up as much as he can on his way out.
As someone said upthread, wouldn't it be funny if the threat of Iran hacking elections prompted the Senate GOP to pass the Democrats' election security bill?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Oh if Trump loses you know it'll just get worse.

I know he can't really do anything like, on the level of canceling elections or anything, but you know he'll try fucking everything up as much as he can on his way out.
remember when the bush people were appalled that Clinton staffers removed the W from some of the computers

Status
Not open for further replies.