• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 40853

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Watching all the people who assured us Bernie was a paragon of liberal values jump straight to BURN THE WITCH sure is....something. This is why I will never support Bernie. This story is probably not a huge deal, but what happens when President Sanders has a slight D Senate and can't pass M4A? Are we gonna pivot to something still positive that more people support, or are we going to start blaming other Democrats and CNN for sabotaging Bernie? Because it feels the narrative around Bernie from his supporters is always about how he is the most progressive politician ever, has never done anything wrong, has always held all the correct positions, will alone save us, and to suggest otherwise is either a media conspiracy or arguing in bad faith. This is very troubling to me when I start to think about what would happen if a Bernie presidency stopped being a hypothetical and his supporters had to deal with his agenda - predictably - not being easy to pass.

People love to post "why would anyone even support Biden lolol" but honestly this shit is exactly why. Biden has said terrible things and taken bad stances but he apologizes and people like that. No one is going to be persuaded by the narrative that Bernie Sanders has never done or said anything bad and that anyone accusing him of such is part of a coordinated campaign to take him down. It's ridiculous. All Bernie had to do was say he meant he was anxious about sexism in America, that Warren would make a fine president, and apologize if his remarks were insensitive. But of course Bernie can't do that.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
So, if you think my dislike of Bernie is strong, let me tell you, my mom's is about......30 times worse. There are folks in this thread who will independently confirm that.

Yesterday, we were talking about the election and she grudgingly admitted if Bernie gets the nomination she'll vote for him but she still hates his damn guts. I was hoping she'd be too busy with the new grandbaby to hear about this, but NOPE. She heard. And she's been screaming in my ear. She makes me seem well balanced and fair and widely respected on both sides.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watching all the people who assured us Bernie was a paragon of liberal values jump straight to BURN THE WITCH sure is....something.
That has always been the bernie way and we saw it in 2016 and we'll see it again this year. Cult of personalities do this to people. Internalize all attacks against daddy and become the victim needing to go on full assault.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Watching all the people who assured us Bernie was a paragon of liberal values jump straight to BURN THE WITCH sure is....something. This is why I will never support Bernie. This story is probably not a huge deal, but what happens when President Sanders has a slight D Senate and can't pass M4A? Are we gonna pivot to something still positive that more people support, or are we going to start blaming other Democrats and CNN for sabotaging Bernie? Because it feels the narrative around Bernie from his supporters is always about how he is the most progressive politician ever, has never done anything wrong, has always held all the correct positions, will alone save us, and to suggest otherwise is either a media conspiracy or arguing in bad faith. This is very troubling to me when I start to think about what would happen if a Bernie presidency stopped being a hypothetical and his supporters had to deal with his agenda - predictably - not being easy to pass.

People love to post "why would anyone even support Biden lolol" but honestly this shit is exactly why. Biden has said terrible things and taken bad stances but he apologizes and people like that. No one is going to be persuaded by the narrative that Bernie Sanders has never done or said anything bad and that anyone accusing him of such is part of a coordinated campaign to take him down. It's ridiculous. All Bernie had to do was say he meant he was anxious about sexism in America, that Warren would make a fine president, and apologize if his remarks were insensitive. But of course Bernie can't do that.

No he doesn't! Where is this image of Joe Biden the great apologizer and owner of terrible things he's done coming from?!

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
a lot of trolling is permitted in this thread but we should draw the line at saying nice things about joe biden

less

Oct 25, 2017
a lot of trolling is permitted in this thread but we should draw the line at saying nice things about joe biden

ojDJwUI.jpg

Young Joe Biden is a handsome ass motherfucker. Can't draw the line at that.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Bernie comes out and apologizes tomorrow during the debates, I think he can mitigate the damage somewhat. If he denies it again onstage...

Well. Shit's gonna get real.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ojDJwUI.jpg

Young Joe Biden is a handsome ass motherfucker. Can't draw the line at that.

Wow. Imperialize me, Dad!

Honestly, Bernie always finds a way to misspoke and say dumb things that he does not really believe in but end up hurting his image. I am kind of tired of him. Ocasio needs to take the torch.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

You need to make peace with Sanders being the Democratic nominee, because that's the path we're on.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, if you think my dislike of Bernie is strong, let me tell you, my mom's is about......30 times worse. There are folks in this thread who will independently confirm that.

Yesterday, we were talking about the election and she grudgingly admitted if Bernie gets the nomination she'll vote for him but she still hates his damn guts. I was hoping she'd be too busy with the new grandbaby to hear about this, but NOPE. She heard. And she's been screaming in my ear. She makes me seem well balanced and fair and widely respected on both sides.
idk you seem like a pretty patient guy compared to some others who strongly dislike Bernie

Jceaz

Oct 30, 2017
It's pretty clear what happened. Bernie coming out and stating categorically that this did not happen forced Warren to state that yes it did. Because it did.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Like... this is the same guy that tried to get Warren to run in his place in 2016. If he disagreed at all then it was most likely within the context of 2020 against Trump and his sexist mob.

This is the same guy who refused to bow out when a woman destroyed his campaign by Super Tuesday and stretched out the primaries for months for pointless ego stroking when Trump won the GOP nomination, did the absolute least about the worst elements of his fan base harassing women staffers and politicians in the Democratic party and protecting women in his staffers in his campaign from harassment was an afterthought because he "was busy."

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (5 days): hostility, history of similar behavior
The Warren slant in this thread is always unreal.

What are you all going to do when she endorses Sanders?

Disappear? Swallow your pride? What?

You all seem too stubborn to ever change your minds about anything.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Bernie comes out and apologizes tomorrow during the debates, I think he can mitigate the damage somewhat. If he denies it again onstage...

Well. Shit's gonna get real.

I would like to see polling two weeks from today. People might not care, or things might go in a different way. I think several cases can be made that this hurt Bernie, Warren or both of them.

Meauxse

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA

Is irony still a thing?

Edit:

I won't shitpost. Just know that we still have to decide between candidates. When we have to firm a coalition, I will be a part of it.

Until then, I will continue to push the best candidate. This situation paints yet another reason why FORMA clearly would be a better President.

Oct 25, 2017

Generalizations and hostility aside, people here will vote for the nominee, even if it is Sanders, and many Warren to Sanders supporters will probably even then campaign for him.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
So let me get this straight, Bernie said something many people on here say all the time? If it's an assessment on the electorate as being sexist, where is the controversy apart from Bernie vs Warren continuing from yesterday.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Never been a fan of Bernie. His "it can only be me" shtick, his complete lack of self responsibility, and the numerous shady people in his campaign are giant red flags.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Your mother sounds like a wise woman.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 days): hostility, history of similar behavior

Ya'll coming in this thread and stir this shit up is gonna get your asses banned. You folks cant seem to grasp political analytics from people that have been in this community for years that understand nationwide elections and the realities of the senate and EC. People in this thread talking about how Biden might be the best way forward or Warren for that matter, arent exactly in some cult worshiping them. They are looking at polls and elections in red states and purple states, and because those thoughts get verbalized and talked about regularly, it immediately seems to be taken as OT true progressives VS this thread., which is horseshit. Like i unironically see this every day from people. And im not just talking about todays events over these stupid squabbles. This has been a year long thing.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018

Be ok with it, between Biden and Bernie Warren was going with the latter. Because Bernie would't do the same for her by bowing out had it looked like he won't win the nomination, that's why she's the better politician.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to boil this all down to a misunderstanding on what was meant during a private conversation. A sentiment that was believed but not felt.

And seeing the different parties that get excited about this is a real "mask off" kind of moment.

Bernie and Liz are a mile ahead of all other candidates, so this is all water under the bridge ultimately. One of the two of them will be our next president, I believe that.
What is the misunderstanding supposed to be?

I think everyone grasps that he wasn't saying "women are weak and can't campaign well" or whatever. Obviously, if he said this thing and it's not just a big lie concocted by the Warren campaign (and good luck selling that), he was meaning to say something like that the country "isn't ready". That maybe 2016 showed that the median voter is too sexist, etc. Or Trump in particular is too good at activating sexism. Something like that, which is on its face just factual political analysis of the sort that probably lots of Warren supporters have worried about at least a little.

It's problematic as more than a thing people supporting a female candidate worry about to each other. It's very easy to launder bigotry through a lens of "what would the neighbors think?" If you're out there advancing an electability argument in favor of a male candidate with this (not that Sanders was doing that here), you're giving people a excuse to support a man over a woman on explicitly sexist grounds, and some people who claim to be persuaded by this sort of argument (even some people who honestly think that they've been persuaded by this argument) are using it as cover for their own discomfort with voting for a woman.

With Sanders, it just feels self-serving, I think. It's not a good look to be telling a woman who wants to run for office "No, people are too sexist to vote for you. Let me run instead."

Oct 25, 2017
As will I. I'd gladly vote for Liz. This "will never vote for Sanders" shit is ridiculous.
Also for what it is worth, this thread/community had a straw poll and it was evenly split between Warren and Sanders. So it helps not to be hostile and make genreralizations when they aren't even accurate (and even if they were, hostility doesn't help)

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, a somewhat serious reason I'm warming up to the Biden train is if he wins in the early states, we can wrap this up and not have to snipe at each other like this. I hate Primary season for shit like this.

I would like to see polling two weeks from today. People might not care, or things might go in a different way. I think several cases can be made that this hurt Bernie, Warren or both of them.
Polling won't look good if he denies it. It will come up during the debate, and him denying it means he's calling Warren a liar to her face. Which she, and others onstage won't take lying down. Plus multiple different news outlets are reporting on it saying that it happened, so who's side do you think they'll take in the aftermath? (To say otherwise would mean that their reporters are wrong)

It's about damage control at this point. Sticking to his guns will only make this worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.