• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
In general I agree, but I think a lot of posts today have been just pure, unadulterated sexist nonsense, and I'm not sure if I want to ignore that.

Report posts, maybe? I've reported one post (Tukarr's sexist drivel). If I have the energy I reported others which are just blatantly excusing and promoting sexism, but... Christ, it's hard, and (as I noted yesterday in this thread), I'm a guy.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
this is assuming that's what happened.

But I agree you should always shake a hand when offered (unless that person didn't wash their hands or you know is very unhygienic).

Even if you have a legit reason (and hating a person's guts maybe one) it always looks bad for the person refusing.

If Warren is pissed that Bernie lied, good for her because she should be pissed, but most people and voters still don't think highly of people (Especially candidates and especially women) that can't set aside emotions or differences for simple things like handshakes.

The event happend over 13 months ago. She has shaken hands with Sanders since then. Nothing he has said is different from what he's projected since then

This isn't a larry sanders skit.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah totally, I think though whenever folks around here yasss queen for Pelosi or Clinton or whoever there's at least a hint of irony behind it? Like most of us are pretty sober about their weaknesses and disappointed when they fail.

Just think of everyone who cheered on Warren tonight who declared her candidacy dead on arrival. I was probably one of them.

I don't fuck with Twitter so the KHive is mostly invisible to me, here it's more the militant Sanders supporters (lord knows we don't have any actual Trump supporters, at least who talk about it openly).
I think the slavish Pelosi devotion is really strange and without irony, especially early in the term. Same with the #StillWithHer people and the militant Sanders people who can't admit one fault to him.

And yes, I think I also said her candidacy was DOA.

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Report posts, maybe? I've reported one post (Tukarr's sexist drivel). If I have the energy I reported others which are just blatantly excusing and promoting sexism, but... Christ, it's hard, and (as I noted yesterday in this thread), I'm a guy.

If I've been sexist I'll respect the judgement of the moderation team.

If not I'm expecting an apology.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Warren and Biden did the best tonight. Bernie looked like a liar on-stage, especially when he kept pushing the issue when people were ready to move on. Also as a Pete fan, I think this was one of his worst nights easily.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
In general yeah, great idea. I think I'm just angrier today/this week. I try not to get too combative, but it's getting more difficult.
In reality, I just need to get away from this place, but I keep typing the URL in the address bar

Midnight Jon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I think the slavish Pelosi devotion is really strange and without irony, especially early in the term. Same with the #StillWithHer people and the militant Sanders people who can't admit one fault to him.

to be clear, those thread titles early last year were about 75% irony posting on my part

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melkr's been around a while, and I think even at the old place? I doubt they're a plant, just dumber than shit and a terrible person.

Like a lot of people here say way worse things about Bernie on a daily basis and guess what? That's cool and okay, politicians are to be criticized and even used as emotional punching bags. But the moment I say Warren looked bitter to me for not accepting a handshake (and now with more context I can see why she was mad and understand her reaction) I am suddenly a horrible person lol. Like what's the need of getting personal?

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Warren and Biden did the best tonight. Bernie looked like a liar on-stage, especially when he kept pushing the issue when people were ready to move on. Also as a Pete fan, I think this was one of his worst nights easily.
Pete definitely underperformed.
he was probably advised to let Bernie and Warren go against each other since his Iowa numbers are good enough.

klobuchar just did too much and it all sucked

Steyer surprised me. I'd be fine with him.

Biden was almost a parody of himself with his constant self cutoffs

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

I'll admit I've probably defended Pelosi reflexively on this site just because I find the things she is often blamed for are not really well-founded, and just general gripes with the political status quo at-large. Especially when she was Minority Leader and not in much of a position to influence policy outside of table scraps during budget deals.

I'll cop to her weaknesses though, her weird noncommittal on pot legalization is dumb (as it is for any Democratic politician in 2020 who's similarly wishy-washy or even opposed to it), and I don't think she had an impeachment strategy until Ukraine fell in her lap, but hey, it did.

Then again I also think Schumer catches more shit than he honestly deserves, even if I don't like him that much, for similar reasons which boil down to "why can't the Minority Leader force Republicans to be good people???"

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah totally, I think though whenever folks around here yasss queen for Pelosi or Clinton or whoever there's at least a hint of irony behind it? Like most of us are pretty sober about their weaknesses and disappointed when they fail.

Just think of everyone who cheered on Warren tonight who declared her candidacy dead on arrival. I was probably one of them.

I don't fuck with Twitter so the KHive is mostly invisible to me, here it seems to be more of a problem with the militant Sanders supporters (lord knows we don't have any actual Trump supporters, at least who talk about it openly), hence my bringing them up. But that is all my very biased perspective.

I won't even front. When that DNA Test hit, I thought Warren was done. I'm glad that wasn't the case.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I can't give Warren any more money. Like, legally.
Rules shouldn't apply to me. This is VERY unfair.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I again would like to point out that not only were smoking guns involved in our president criminal conspiracy revealed today but also hey some of those mighta suggested we ASSASSINATE OUR OWN AMBASSADOR.

Just another day in post Trump US.

ak1287

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Like a lot of people here say way worse things about Bernie on a daily basis and guess what? That's cool and okay, politicians are to be criticized and even used as emotional punching bags. But the moment I say Warren looked bitter to me for not accepting a handshake (and now with more context I can see why she was mad and understand her reaction) I am suddenly a horrible person lol. Like what's the need of getting personal?
Yeah, I actually am going to apologize to you.
I said it earlier, but I think my fuse is just burnt out, and so I'm at the lashing out phase of just being done. You didn't deserve it, even though I do think you, as a poster, are frequently wrong.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I again would like to point out that not only were smoking guns involved in our president criminal conspiracy revealed today but also hey some of those mighta suggested we ASSASSINATE OUR OWN AMBASSADOR.

Hmmm, but was there anything in those texts or emails about Warren/Bernie?

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I mean Bernie looks badly in that exchange too. Just as bitter and petty. Both of them are acting ugly. Just watching what Bernie said, there were better ways to go over the issue, and even an apology would probably not hurt him more than dividing the progressive field. Then everyone could move on.

But idk, it just that I highly doubt Warren would be having this "nuke it all" attitude if she was polling higher than Bernie.

Ultimately politics are a play. Warren has played her card. If it works for her good. She would be the best candidate the Dems have ever run and possibly the most competent president ever.

We will know in one week though if polls start to shift. I am skeptical though.
Bernie's answer was a slam dunk. His public endorsement of Warren to run in 2015 destroys any chance of believing he said something to purposefully discourage Warren.

The best Warren can hope for from the majority of Americans is that they forget about it after tomorrow.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
It does bother me that some people tend to dismiss all the nasty shit Pelosi has said/done cuz "yas queen" when some of her actions legit impacted many people negatively and she herself has admitted to not doing the right thing on numerous occasions (her not pursuing a Bush impeachment when she was in a strong political position at the time + had all the evidence she needed sticks out to me especially)

Yeah, I get defending people on your team, but these things transcend political party (there are FAR more significant societal divides than party affiliation) and treating politics as team sports has to end if the political discourse is to improve.

Oct 25, 2017
This primary is starting to feel like 2016 again. I wonder which fauxgressive will play the part of Jill Stein trying to exploit the division.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Pete definitely underperformed.
he was probably advised to let Bernie and Warren go against each other since his Iowa numbers are good enough.

klobuchar just did too much and it all sucked

Steyer surprised me. I'd be fine with him.

Biden was almost a parody of himself with his constant self cutoffs
I agree, Steyer really surprised me as well. I watched his post-debate interview and I was like "wait, this guy is actually pretty interesting."

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

Camp Warren: Bernie's attack is so slimy and underhanded...
Camp Bernie: Warren's attack is so slimy and underhanded...
The GOP: we floated the idea of killing an ambassador as a means to harm joe biden's campaign

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I hope by some act of god yesterday's news doesn't come up during tonight's debate
xp2ArwN.gif

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Bernie's answer was a slam dunk. His public endorsement of Warren to run in 2015 destroys any chance of believing he said something to purposefully discourage Warren.

The best Warren can hope for from the majority of Americans is that they forget about it after tomorrow.
Could anything have happened between 2015 and 2018 that would maybe have changed Bernie's opinion on whether or not a woman could beat Donald Trump? Can you think of....literally anything at all that happened between those two points in time? Literally anything?

Bernie's answer was good enough, but then he had to go step in it by claiming 1990 wasn't 30 years ago and he beat a Republican too! Literal man child.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I actually am going to apologize to you.
I said it earlier, but I think my fuse is just burnt out, and so I'm at the lashing out phase of just being done. You didn't deserve it, even though I do think you, as a poster, are frequently wrong.

That's alright and I appreciate this! No apology needed! I understand that sometimes I post without double checking what I am saying, and I can see how that comes across as annoying :(

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017
Warren says that Bernie has been "friends and allies for a long time, and I have no doubt that we will continue to work together to defeat Donald Trump and put our government on the side of the people."

What does it mean when he extends a hand in friendship and she refuses?

Elizabeth Warren is a legitimately smart person. So she must have thought about this. She refuses to shake hands.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Could anything have happened between 2015 and 2018 that would maybe have changed Bernie's opinion on whether or not a woman could beat Donald Trump? Can you think of....literally anything at all that happened between those two points in time? Literally anything?

Bernie was correct to point out that Hillary had 3 million more votes. To lose by 10s of thousands because of the electoral college speaks to Hillary getting fucked over by a bunch of issues instead of solely sexism.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Warren says that Bernie has been "friends and allies for a long time, and I have no doubt that we will continue to work together to defeat Donald Trump and put our government on the side of the people."

What does it mean when he extends a hand in friendship and she refuses?

Elizabeth Warren is a legitimately smart person. So she must have thought about this. She refuses to shake hands.
Females sure are cunning. 🐍 🐍 🐍

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Camp Warren: Bernie's attack is so slimy and underhanded...
Camp Bernie: Warren's attack is so slimy and underhanded...
The GOP: we floated the idea of killing an ambassador as a means to harm joe biden's campaign

Pundits: The idea of a ambassador being targeted is horrible, but what about them Dems in disarray?

Status
Not open for further replies.