• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayahuasca

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I forgot one more disqualified candidate, Klobuchar. The way she treats her staff is downright abusive per reports. Democrats should be embarrassed she and Biden are on the stage let alone party leaders.

We can do better.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
really Bernie just desperately lacks friends not on twitter to defend him from this sort of stuff because he's bad at it

like Doesn't matter if he was wrong. Or is lying, Biden had a brick wall of defenders in Congress when he was being attacked early on even though he was 1000% in the wrong. Dems in congress fended off bad insinuations about Biden's character like he was an overwatch payload and totally threw Kamala and Booker under the bus for trying to come at him the way they did

Fact that Bernie doesn't have anyone to do that other than I guess Nina Turner is sort of a problem

like let's say Warren tried to insinuate that Biden was sexist because like yeah no shit he is

Pelosi and basically the entire house would be trashing her like idk, Bernie twitter is right now
I was under the impression that he was extremely respected in the senate, but maybe that changed after 2016

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know, thinking back on the DNA thing since it's being brought up as a point that Warren has a history of dishonesty or whatever... doesn't it really imply the opposite? Like she told the truth about the DNA report she did because she honestly thought she had native american heritage despite the fact that the results themselves were damning. Doesn't say anything positive about her political instincts, but it does show she's willing to tell the truth when there's negative benefit to her.

I was under the impression that he was extremely respected in the senate, but maybe that changed after 2016
He actually does have quite a few people that would defend him in Congress. Though, Warren would usually be among them.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Again, I would like to point out here and in OT "BERNIE WARREN SATURDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN"

"Oh by the way Trump mighta had some people on his watch plot to murder our own citizen(s)".

Why is this not resonating Dear Christ in Heaven.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Warren laid out a trap that involved her deliberately excluding Sanders my months, so she could lie on national television in a way that would force her to admit she was wrong, for a cheap political point against someone that she wants to deescalate tensions with. When the country is already inherently sexist against women and she gains little from this episode being dragged out.

Because reasons. Those who understand strategy are standing in awe, clearly.
Lol, you may as well just post 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍.

Jesus you people. Lmfao.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Again, I would like to point out here and in OT "BERNIE WARREN SATURDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN"

"Oh by the way Trump mighta had some people on his watch plot to murder our own citizen(s)".

Why is this not resonating Dear Christ in Heaven.
It's huge, for sure. On the other hand, I'm not really surprised at this point.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Go ahead and ask any woman in your life if a guy arguing this makes him seem sympathetic to women and not a pedantic arsehole begging for a chance to correct a woman. I can guarantee you that no one on this planet is going to care about 10 months difference when her point is so succinct.
It's a dumb point in the first place - Bernie didn't have to beat an incumbent Republican after his 1990 election because none could actually challenge him in Vermont. The one who comes across as pedantic is Warren with her bizarre gotcha technicalities.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, you may as well just post 🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍🐍.

Jesus you people. Lmfao.

'You people'

Warren and Sanders are and have been fluid for my number 1 slot as I quite like both of them, a lot. I don't think that either candidate is lying. I'm sorry if you dislike that, but there's no call for this kind of posting.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'm finding it harder and harder to separate the serious from the parody. So I have no idea if what you posted was parody or weird serious Bernie stanning.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
It's a dumb point in the first place - Bernie didn't have to beat an incumbent Republican after his 1990 election because none could actually challenge him in Vermont. The one who comes across as pedantic is Warren with her bizarre gotcha technicalities.

No? Everything she says is in service to her point - that women can win, and that she is a winner:

"And," Warren added, "the only person on this stage who has beaten a Republican incumbent any time in the past 30 years is me."

It's a fantastic soundbite, which is what politics is about, at least in great part. The fact that the Warren campaign had their best hour of fundraising post-debate after this debate says that it - and her performance generally - hit home.

And who in the general electorate is actually going to dig around to find it's a technicality. Someone who's trying to find reasons to not vote for her, sure. But everyone else? Ehhh.

Oct 26, 2017
BOMBA data dump.

Even if it doesn't get much traction in the news cycle in the next 24 hours, it's going to be a part of the record for the Senate impeachment trial. It'll make it even harder for GOP Senators to refuse witnesses.

Also this latest news almost single-handily kills the narrative of "Trump was interested in fighting corruption" because this sounds like straight-up mob behavior and a lot of it is in writing. I mean one of those text messages it sounds like they were flirting with the idea of doing bodily harm to the ambassador.

The GOP Senators in swing states will pay a heavy price when they acquit Trump after these revelations and possible witness testimony.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The conversations make it seem like they called off the "hit" after she got increased security.

A bit of logic leap...then again look at what type of people we're dealing with. Benefit of the doubt they do not get.

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
i will say that while i'm more than fucking critical of how warren and her campaign have handled it since, it's not improbable to me that both parties have a genuine difference of recollection of what was said

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
No? Everything she says is in service to her point - that women can win, and that she is a winner:

It's a fantastic soundbite, which is what politics is about, at least in great part. The fact that the Warren campaign had their best hour of fundraising post-debate after this debate says that it - and her performance generally - hit home.

And who in the general electorate is actually going to dig around to find it's a technicality. Someone who's trying to find reasons to not vote for her, sure. But everyone else? Ehhh.
Besides, the core point was that in the modern era, as in the last several election cycles, women have done pretty damned well taking on Republicans. Bernie claiming his seat ages ago doesn't reflect much of anything about the current dynamics.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to need more until I think we uncovered an assassination attempt we couldn't even get don jr. calling an unknown number after the the trump tower meeting being his father right.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Yeah this Warren v Bernie shit is fucking annoying now. Stupidity and name-calling for like the last 40 pages. Maybe I'll vote steyer now 😆

Steyer right now lol

GreatWillingArabianoryx-size_restricted.gif

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to need more until I think we uncovered an assassination attempt we couldn't even get don jr. calling an unknown number after the the trump tower meeting being his father right.
I mean...it's kinda right there in the whatsapp convo.

The only thing missing is the word "assassinate".

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
The only gullible possibility that even the biggest of Trump supporters can be give is that they were only going to physically harm her, but not kill her. Because the status quo was already intimidation. The only step beyond that is physical harm, and then outright killing her. Thing is, physical harm would implicate them with her telling her side of the story so the only way to prevent that is outright killing her.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The only gullible possibility that even the biggest of Trump supporters can be give is that they were only going to physically harm her, but not kill her. Because the status quo was already intimidation. The only step beyond that is physical harm, and then outright killing her. Thing is, physical harm would implicate them with her telling her side of the story so the only way to prevent that is outright killing her.
Trump supporters would just write it off as a joke and the logic would be "why bother, they were going to get her fired anyway?". They'd also conveniently ignore the surveillance part of it.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Besides, the core point was that in the modern era, as in the last several election cycles, women have done pretty damned well taking on Republicans. Bernie claiming his seat ages ago doesn't reflect much of anything about the current dynamics.

Yup. Which is another reason why the "But 29 years and some months isn't 30 years" argument is so flawed - if you're down to arguing those semantics then you've already lost the wider debate of electability in the modern era.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Is Natasha Bertrand going to run for president one day? The work she's done in the press the last few years has been *chef's kiss*

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
After years of speculation and accusations "it's clearly x" or "the only thing it can be is x" has no meaning.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After years of speculation and accusations "it's clearly x" or "the only thing it can be is x" has no meaning.
I mean...this is pretty blatant in what it is.

She feared for her safety and was pulled by our own diplomatic core for "security". This lines up with those explanations.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
i'm struggling to still understand the implications of this where like

the president of the united states is possibly implicated in a multi-national conspiracy to assassinate one of his own employees

said employee, the united states ambassador to ukraine, was saved because of a department's unilateral actions that directly went against the intentions of the president of the united states to prevent said multi-national conspiracy from successfully assassinating said ambassador

were they tipped off by noticing that she was being stalked? or did they, in march 2019, see these very texts we saw? y'all please tell me i'm fucking wrong?

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm struggling to still understand the implications of this where like

the president of the united states is possibly implicated in a multi-national conspiracy to assassinate one of his own employees

said employee, the united states ambassador to ukraine, was saved because of a department's unilateral actions that directly went against the intentions of the president of the united states to prevent said multi-national conspiracy from successfully assassinating said ambassador

were they tipped off by noticing that she was being stalked? or did they, in march 2019, see these very texts we saw? y'all please tell me i'm fucking wrong?
It's not setting in yet, but this whole thing is massively disturbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.