• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
The article does not talk or allude how diehard sanders supporters are and I have doubts you read it.

"And Sanders apologized last year after several campaign aides were accused of harassing women. His online supporters — the so-called Bernie Bros — have been accused of sexist attacks against rivals, critics and reporters."

Oh I read it. I can quote it to

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They are cowards. They care about just staying in power themselves and thus not pissing off the group of people that are Trump lovers. They don't care to think too far ahead and/or believe that the people will forget about their crap a few years after Trump. And so on.

Don't expect much from the GOP besides the worst.

they aren't wrong, look at Reagan

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
"And Sanders apologized last year after several campaign aides were accused of harassing women. His online supporters — the so-called Bernie Bros — have been accused of sexist attacks against rivals, critics and reporters."

Oh I read it. I can quote it to
The quote does not talk or allude to how diehard sanders supporters are but this is getting into matters that are beside the topic at hand. Its clear you're willing to disregard the experiences of others to substitute your own when they disagree with yours so have a good day.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

There was an error on this map. As I said earlier, Susan Collins is the least popular Senator in the country, per Morning Consult. 2008 was the last time she was up in a prez year. It's unlikely that we'll see this much ticket-splitting in Maine this year. #ElectionTwitter...

This sin must never be repeated.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
The betrayal comes from supporters just assuming that Warren would eventually just quietly give up and throw her support behind Sanders. Can't stand to find out she actually wants to be President. That rascal.
hmm. Same supporters that probably stayed home or Voted for Stein in 2016

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
Let's see. A bunch of college educated, mostly white liberals who work in NYC based Media. Probably Warren

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
It's gonna be Warren

MAYBE Biden if they go the route of "getting trump out of office is the ONLY thing that matters"

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
They should endorse Beto.
200w.gif

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Me: Biden or Forma

Husband: Biden because he thinks they'll want to attach themselves to the likely inevitable nominee

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Getting endorsed by the NYT is kind of like winning the NFC east

congrats on being the kings of trash mountain I guess

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
you are as a group an attack unit online. Any disagreement leads to bullying and a barrage of "we're being victimized so we can lash out". Just like how Trumpset always claims they are the victims to lash out.

I am not saying anyone who supports Bernie is a Bernie Bro but that is what his supporters look like.

I'm pretty sure Hillary supporters did exact same thing. And attack people for voting 3rd party.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
If you're in a solid red or blue state with absolutely zero chance of flipping, then I think it's valid as a protest vote.
People have made this argument and while I see the logic behind it, I don't buy it.

I think especially this year it will be important to register a vote specifically against Trump, which means voting for the nominee. Yeah, maybe your state always votes 60-40 Democrat and it won't make a practical difference, but every vote gets added to the popular vote total. Writing in Mickey Mouse makes no dent in Trump's popular vote lead (or more likely, deficit). If he somehow manages to win again, I think it's crucial to at least take that talking point away from him - you do not represent the people. If nothing else it'll harden opposition to the Electoral College.

Also the degree to which some states are "safe" can easily be jeopardized. A few months before the last election I might have said Minnesota, Wisconsin and Michigan would all vote blue. I know people who refused to vote, or wrote in Bernie, or what-have-you and wouldn't you know it, Clinton won Minnesota by a terribly close-for-comfort margin. She lost the other two. The whole idea behind her election chances was the existence of "the blue wall," the states that have voted Democratic since 1992, and it came crumbling down. Hell, that's probably why she picked Kaine - it was considered more valuable to get a boost in Virginia (which had only voted blue twice since 1964) than to do anything for her in WI/MI/PA which were considered locks. Those states flipping was partly due to increased Trump support of course, but also significantly due to decreased Democratic turnout (look at Wisconsin - Trump actually got about 2,000 less votes there than Romney, but Clinton shed nearly 240,000 votes compared to Obama).

Point is, don't fucking risk it, and stay on the right side of history.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to think of a third party candidate who would would have actually made a passable president and... Perot? Anderson in 1980?

I understand protest votes and I understand strategically voting third party to get them to the 5% funding threshold, but usually it's a bad vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.