• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah Barr is basically telling Trump, "Stop saying the quiet part loud." That's all that is.

And if anything Barr probably got the okay from Trump to make those comments because Barr was beginning to come under huge pressure even from conservative legal circles. I think he remembered the Trump Presidency could very well end a year from now and he'll need a job. And with all these prosecutor resignations and the very public perception of handing the keys of the DoJ to Trump, Barr is beginning to get too toxic even for a conservative law-firm parachute.

He's just trying to salvage his post-Trump career, but I don't see any real separation from Trump.

The abc news report put no pressure on Barr to prove his claims. So annoying

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
RBG May make it through this year but there is zero chance she survives through 2025. Not to be morbid but at her age and health issues... not good odds. It's why the Democrats MUST win

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I agree that it's way too early to know anything definitively, but I think maybe there are some interesting things in that GA poll to chew on.

Biden's not dead yet with voters. This is probably the lowest point in his campaign, and he might be holding onto his southern support.
Pete is totally dead in states with voters of color.
Amy is not consolidating moderate support.
Warren is a total non-factor going forward.
Bloomberg is hurting Biden, no one else.
Bernie is still...not doing great in the south. Georgia was a middle of the road state for him in 2016. There were places he did worse (Mississippi) there were places he did better (North Carolina). Being in 3rd and non-viable is....not where the frontrunner would want to be, even a month out.

I think there's room for a narrative to emerge. If Biden ends up coming 2nd in NV, and it's only he and Bernie who are viable...that's going to give him the potential for a "comeback kid" moment. If he ends up winning SC (and maybe is the only viable person, or it's just him and Steyer) he can go into Super Tuesday with the argument he turned it around and he's got the wind at his back. A poor showing in NV is going to end Pete and Amy. Warren is pretty much done anyway.

Biden has the most to gain from the debate next week. Not even in that he needs to do that well. He just needs to gang up with Warren and Bernie and take out Bloomberg. Bloomberg hurts Biden more than anyone else. Bernie is the front runner, but he is an incredibly weak one. He's a front runner who is losing in delegates to the guy polling horribly nationally and DOA in every upcoming state. He managed to win NH by the lowest % ever in a Democratic primary in the state, and by the smallest margin in the history of the NH Democratic Primary.

There might still be a lane for Biden, but it's a narrow one.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Biden is done - the moment he finished 4th in Iowa the electability argument faded away and his entire candidacy was depending on it. He has formidable opponents in Mayor Pete and Bloomberg who are eating into his support. Bernie is closing the gap with black voters and has an overwhelming advantage with latinos and leads among whites, and if he continues the winning streak it's not gonna get any better for Biden. I vastly prefer him to Bloomberg, but objectively he's in a horrible shape right now.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Warren was at 17% in the September release of that GA poll.

0igDk7q.gif

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Either Biden is narrowly leading;
Bernie holds a narrow lead;
Or Bloomberg is in the lead.

Take your pick. And get your popcorn ready.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

“Just now in interview with @NewsHour, Sen. @BernieSanders floated the idea that those online who are reportedly harassing Culinary Union members for not supporting Sanders are not actually Sanders supporters. “Sometimes people attack people in somebody else’s name,” Sanders said.”
twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

““Anybody making personal attacks against anybody else in my name is not part of our movement. We don’t want them,” Sanders added.”

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Going by the Morning Consult crosstabs we have I'm expecting Bernie to have a decent lead over Biden and Bloomberg who are relatively close.

Farmboy

Oct 27, 2017
If the moderate-lane voters consolidate before Super Tuesday, their candidate of choice absolutely still can win. In spite of everything, Biden may still be the front runner of this lane, as his polling in the southern states seems to be holding (for now). Followed by Buttigieg, then Bloomberg, then Klobuchar.

The progressive lane, meanwhile, has obviously consolidated.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's as clear as there are lanes only based on ideology

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Yup, like they were all born yesterday and this is just a one-off. Time and time again. It's mind-numbing.

Being in the orbit of someone on the Dark Triangle is a fight against reality itself slipping away, and that's not someone with hordes of ruthless people needing to prop them up.

That said, some more backup from the leadership couldn't hurt...

Yeah Barr is basically telling Florida Man, "Stop saying the quiet part loud." That's all that is.

And if anything Barr probably got the okay from Florida Man to make those comments because Barr was beginning to come under huge pressure even from conservative legal circles. I think he remembered the Florida Man Presidency could very well end a year from now and he'll need a job. And with all these prosecutor resignations and the very public perception of handing the keys of the DoJ to Florida Man, Barr is beginning to get too toxic even for a conservative law-firm parachute.

He's just trying to salvage his post-Florida Man career, but I don't see any real separation from Florida Man.

I got a career for him: Liscence Plate Maker

BkKWaIU.png

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I still expect Biden to lead, with Bloomberg and Bernie somewhat behind. The surprise will be all three beating Trump.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's so weird that a few Republican senators refuse to deal with trump's nonsense in scattered situations. We are occasionally spared from even more terrible things by pure luck.

apple.news

Trump Fed nominee Shelton hits bipartisan skepticism in Senate hearing — Reuters

Federal Reserve board nominee Judy Shelton faced deep skepticism from Republicans and Democrats on the Senate Banking Committee on Thursday, as lawmakers challenged her independence from President Donald Trump and characterized her thinking as too far outside the mainstream...

Tukarrs

Oct 27, 2017

twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

“Just now in interview with @NewsHour, Sen. @BernieSanders floated the idea that those online who are reportedly harassing Culinary Union members for not supporting Sanders are not actually Sanders supporters. “Sometimes people attack people in somebody else’s name,” Sanders said.”
twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

““Anybody making personal attacks against anybody else in my name is not part of our movement. We don’t want them,” Sanders added.”

Please Bernie .

Don't forbid me from making personal attacks on Bloomberg.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

Uh huh. Sure, Bernie.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
It's so weird that a few Republican senators refuse to deal with trump's nonsense in scattered situations. We are occasionally spared from even more terrible things by pure luck.
This has happened before. They almost always get confirmed in the end.

It's pageantry. Nothing more.

And this is why adam and I don't like Bernie.
I have to admit part of my reaction toward Bernie is actually because of the people who support him, but every so often you can still catch glimpses that reinforce that no, I just don't like him at all. Not as a person, not as a candidate, and not as a "movement".

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
I never imagined that AOC would be the dirtbag left's next Enemy Who Must Be Destroyed.
I think you have misunderstood the left's position. We've mainly been saying that you shouldn't compromise at this point in the negotiation table (which obviously hasn't started). She's only saying what I have expressed multiple times in this thread.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think you have misunderstood the left's position. We've mainly been saying that you shouldn't compromise at this point in the negotiation table (which obviously hasn't started). She's only saying what I have expressed multiple times in this thread.

Except every moderate Democrat now knows they can ignore Bernie calls for M4A.

Also, there would be zero difference between the final health care bill Warner or Bernie signs. The idea of "pre-compromise" has made left-wingers go off the rails in their ideas of how peoples votes can be changed.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Yang appears to be gearing up for a run for Mayor of New York next year. Wants to use it as a test bed for Universal Income. While I'm not entirely sold that his plan for it is the way to go, using NYC as the testing ground for it before exporting out nation wide is something to be considered.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So Yang appears to be gearing up for a run for Mayor of New York next year. Wants to use it as a test bed for Universal Income. While I'm not entirely sold that his plan for it is the way to go, using NYC as the testing ground for it before exporting out nation wide is something to be considered.
Good luck with being pro-life in NYC

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Oct 25, 2017

I think that makes total sense. Yang jumping to the Presidency is vanity, and so many actual politicians do it (hello Mayor of America's 301st "largest" city). Going for something smaller, Mayor of New York City, or even Governor, is leagues better and he should honestly do it even if I'm not the biggest fan of his implementation of UBI and some of the, let's just say, "questionable" things he's said on cultural issues. I wonder if Governor would be better for UBI being a testbed, but I can see maybe not wanting to run against Cuomo.

The silly thing in looking up to see if Yang actually lives in New York, I discovered in his wiki that there's a very large "podcast" section. I don't know why exactly, maybe it just looks like padding of a resume or the type of person who would fill Yang's wikipedia page with information, but the idea of a politician having a massive podcast section sure is something.

Oct 25, 2017
So Bernie secretly wants people personally harassing folks online and actually does consider them a part of the movement?

This thread is wild
Please don't attribute a couple of posters to the entire thread, please.

Whenever the organizers of a poll tease "very interesting results", I always get very nervous.

America and Nate Silver's only A+++ rated polling firm will be releasing new results in approximately the time it takes me to fake a tweet 10 minutes. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.