• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2019
I think if they were told this person supported Clinton, they'd have no problems attacking him, just like Bernie Sander''s Jill Stein voting press secretary had no problem attacking a civil rights hero like John Lewis, because he endorsed Hillary.
I voted for Jill Stein in 2012. I felt I couldn't vote in good conscience for Obama over the drone killings of civilian targets.

Oct 25, 2017
The Sonic movie was very good.

#VoteBlueNoMatterWho

Also good kids are getting an early education on the evils of the military industrial complex, personified by noted antivaxxer and Trump critic Jim Carrey
Like hell I'm voting for Sonic. I fought in the great Sega/Nintendo wars. At night, I still hear the Sega Scream.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
#VoteBlueNoMatterWho
1934.jpg

Is Skeeter blue or green?

Or blue/green?

Jun 20, 2019
Glass houses should be smashed, could you imagine living in a glass house anywhere that has summer?
Yeah, they're awful. Even in winter, sometimes especially in winter, because the sun is lower and exterior shading can be less effective. Our house as a kid had a ton of glass on the second floor, literally could melt plastic toys in that room in December.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

WaPo with a story on how trump is fuming that his DOJ failed to bring charges on Comey and McCabe and that he wants to weaponize the bullshit Duhram investigation in his reelection campaign

NYT earlier today had an update on Durham's thing and it sounds like they're searching for a basis to charge brennan and others.

Nothing surprising - I think it's what we all expected was going on - but it's all incredibly disturbing. We need to get this man and the republican party out of the white house and out of power.

I'm just trying to imagine for a moment a scenario where WILLIAM P. BARR is not corrupt enough for Trump's tastes.

I... I just can't.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Mike Valerio on Twitter

“NEW — Elizabeth Warren town hall in Arlington, Va. attracted more than **4,000 people** with 2 overflow rooms... Farthest supporter I found drove +5 hours from Erie, PA @WUSA9 @CBSEveningNews @SenWarren”

At least Warren is still a draw.

twitter.com

Daniella Díaz on Twitter

“Someone is holding a sign that says “endorse Bernie already” in the audience.”

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant

twitter.com

Mike Valerio on Twitter

“NEW — Elizabeth Warren town hall in Arlington, Va. attracted more than **4,000 people** with 2 overflow rooms... Farthest supporter I found drove +5 hours from Erie, PA @WUSA9 @CBSEveningNews @SenWarren”

At least Warren is still a draw.

twitter.com

Daniella Díaz on Twitter

“Someone is holding a sign that says “endorse Bernie already” in the audience.”

Gah, how did I not know about this!?

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Congrats! Voting in election is one of the most important things you can do as a citizen, and one of the easiest and most reliable things you can do to improve this country that has direct action.

Congrats indeed! I agree that voting is important. I think everybody should be aware that there are other valid methods of direct action, though, because there is sometimes a tendency to place electoralism up as a holy grail of action.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Voting is literally the most direct way to implement change in peoples lives and improve the quality of life for everyone.

So like, yea, voting is the holy grail of action. Especially state elections where the state laws have far more of a direct immediate impact the vast majority of the time.

How could you literally say that it's not? Voting the prime authority of expression a political voice. People spent their lives gaining the rights to vote because voting is power.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It is incredibly strange how somebody who rightly participated in the Civil Rights movement, and heard or saw people get attacked, jailed, and killed for wanting the right to vote could go, "meh, let's not vote 'til I'm 40."

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
How could you literally say that it's not? Voting the prime authority of expression a political voice. People spent their lives gaining the rights to vote because voting is power.

Yup. Even if someone thinks the options are shit, to not vote is basically giving a big old shrug emoji to everyone who spent their lives trying to gain the right to vote. Which is pretty fucking awful.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Voting is literally the most direct way to implement change in peoples lives and improve the quality of life for everyone.

So like, yea, voting is the holy grail of action. Especially state elections where the state laws have far more of a direct immediate impact the vast majority of the time.

Money is worth more than a vote because you can use money to convince people to vote a certain way. It's not super complicated yeah?

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Money is worth more than a vote because you can use money to convince people to vote a certain way. It's not super complicated yeah?

You're conflating the issue of people who are apolitical and don't have strong convictions having the right to vote, and do vote, vs. the fact that voting grants the ability to institute changes you want and is the most powerful method to implement policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.