• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Trump would go so far as to start shit talking Sessions in the lead up to the election and if that would have him lose. Also LOL at Roy Moore's numbers.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
18086.jpg

I like how even fake Keanu Reeves won't touch that MAGA shit.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
THANKS TRUMP. Imagine if he took this situation even 10% as seriously as he did the Ebola 2014 outbreak. Of course that was when Obama was POTUS...

The Westerdam cruise ship was denied entry at 5 countries. Americans on board appealed to Trump, and he stepped in to encourage Cambodia to take them, then very publicly thanked them for doing so. Btw, that other cruise ship outside Tokyo, now has almost 10% of people infected.

"We also extend our deepest gratitude to President Trump, Cambodia's Honorable Prime Minister Hun Sen, Canadian Foreign Minister [François-Philippe] Champagne, elected officials across the country and governments around the world for providing support and being effective allies in bringing our guests home," Stein Kruse, Group CEO, Holland America Group and Carnival UK, said in the statement.

The ship had 1,455 passengers and 802 crew. 20 of them tested negative for the coronavirus. The passengers disembarked in Cambodia with the Prime Minister shaking their hands, then many of them flew on to who knows where.

This morning:

An 83-year-old American passenger of the luxury cruise ship Westerdam was diagnosed with the coronavirus a day after more than 2,200 passengers and crew disembarked in Cambodia after being turned away by five other ports.

The ship was allowed to dock in the port city of Sihanoukville on Friday after being barred by countries including Japan and Thailand over fears it harbored the coronavirus. Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen, who has been skeptical of the severity of the virus, personally distributed roses and shook hands with the Westerdam's passengers as they disembarked.

The woman with the virus and her husband were among 145 passengers who flew to Malaysia on Feb. 14, Malaysia's health ministry said in a statement. She was found with symptoms when she landed in Kuala Lumpur and sent to a hospital designated for outbreak cases. She's been placed in isolation and is in a stable condition. Her 85-year-old husband has tested negative but placed under observation.

www.bloomberg.com

American Passenger on Westerdam Cruise Contracted Coronavirus

An 83-year-old American passenger of the luxury cruise ship Westerdam was diagnosed with the coronavirus a day after more than 2,200 passengers and crew disembarked in Cambodia after being turned away by five other ports.

Tiger Priest

Banned
Oct 24, 2017
New York, NY
Actually use to work for the mayors office and can add some context and Tea...

1) Bernie was the celebrity speaker at Bill's final inauguration. They have a legit relationship, de Blasio was always going to endorse him unless there was a clear front runner ahead of him and knowing Bill he probably would still endorse Bernie.

2) Bill and his people KNOW everyone thinks he is an asshole. A lot of Bill's run was he was desperate. He should have gone after Cuomo or Schumer, but both of those moves honestly would have probably led to L's and made it hard to ever do anything else in NYC either.

3) Bill is in find a new job mode. Besides trying to get his wife the Brooklyn borough president gig (aka He endorses Adam and then Adam endorses Chirlane). The next move would be a secretary job for himself in Washington. Potentially education because he would have a history of success with Pre-K and 3k and while his push for community schools mostly failed, between them, charters, and everything else. Bill would be uniquely positioned to have both a plan, a record of success, and staff to do some interesting stuff nationally. Forget that most the heavy lifting on education in NYC was done by Deputy Mayor Buery. That's the plan. If Bernie gets elected I give the plan a good 75% chance of working too, because de Blasio really did help the schools.

As someone who works in Education in NYC, if De Blasio is going to end up as Bernie's Education Secretary I would vomit.

What exactly in your mind has he done for schools here?

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I think the big positive we can take out of this is Bernie Sanders is on track to be the nominee.

The negative is the majority of the Democratic Party and television media appear to be open for business despite Bloomberg being an openly shitty and bigoted, non-left figure.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
He is. But this does not seem to impact electability. This guy is good at calling attention to himself, and he is creating "battles" between himself and Trump. Its all a bunch of self-serving bullshit.
Oh it will impact electability. Bloomberg won't get the same treatment Trump does, the GOP and its surrogates would blast him for all of this and the media would run with it. We'd get a Summer of talking about how bigoted Bloomberg is. And it'd crush turnout.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Tbh i am quite interested in how the people that despise Gabbard for, among other things, being endorsed by Richard Spencer will react to Michael Bloomberg also being virtually endorsed by him

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
He is. But this does not seem to impact electability.
I mentioned some time ago that no one cares if you're a sexual harasser, as long as you are electable. Same applies to misogyny, racism, and probably any other -'ism' in existence. Bloomberg's current standing is living proof that we have a whole lot of trash in the democratic party. And if Bloomberg ever did win the nomination, expect that support to climb for the election.

I have seen multiple arguments about Bloomberg being better than Trump, and I'm not getting into that debate. Point is, his supporters are trash. It also goes without saying that every network or show pushing Bloomberg is trash, too.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh i am quite interested in how the people that despise Gabbard for, among other things, being endorsed by Richard Spencer will react to Michael Bloomberg also being virtually endorsed by him
Already said I'd vote for Gabbard if she got the nom. I'd do the same for Bloomberg, certainly wouldn't feel good about it as it'd be screwing myself over less and relying on the dem party to filter out his shitty impulses. Also doubt Bloomberg wins a general or even the nom, so...

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
There Is No Bottom: Actual Billionaire Edition

Sounds about right

www.rawstory.com

White House had 'to calm' Trump after he learned Justice Department wouldn't charge McCabe

President Donald Trump raged at White House officials after the Department of Justice said it would not charge former acting FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe after investigating whether he lied to investigators.This article first appeared in Salon.Prosecutors dropped the investigation into...

"Quick! Hire back The Comfort Goat! Now!"

Oct 25, 2017
it is quite literally this transparent why Bloomberg is getting so many endorsements

twitter.com

Alex Burns on Twitter

“@nkulish Top Dems say Bloomberg is already their most important donor. His campaign makes plain the financial incentive it is presenting for 2020. "If Mike Bloomberg is the nominee, he will ensure that the Democratic Party has the greatest funding in its history." https://t.co/kwJscQAT1b”

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Bloomberg is literally buying off the Democratic Party and make sure to remember how many elected officials are telling you they are for sale.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fundamentally, if we were at a point where either one won the nom... I'm not generally a hopeful person, but I do have a faint hope that things will get better, that with some luck and legislation won through that luck the electorate could be massaged to do the right thing often enough for steady progress, but even that would be extinguished if the electorate were to choose to nominate Bloomberg. I do not have a high opinion of any group of voters as a whole, I do not have a high opinion of how much they inform themselves, I also think people are paying attention to politics more than they ever were with Trump in office.

Bloomberg winning would be a signal that, even in an environment where voters are paying attention more than ever before, that they're such marks that they'd miss the obvious warning signals from Bloomberg. I mean, they're marks, but I'd like to believe that they're slightly better than that.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
it is quite literally this transparent why Bloomberg is getting so many endorsements

twitter.com

Alex Burns on Twitter

“@nkulish Top Dems say Bloomberg is already their most important donor. His campaign makes plain the financial incentive it is presenting for 2020. "If Mike Bloomberg is the nominee, he will ensure that the Democratic Party has the greatest funding in its history." https://t.co/kwJscQAT1b”

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in California, and would write in/vote normally, but honestly it's becoming hard to fault anyone in any state doing the same. He sets a horrid precedent before you even get to his bigotry.
Yeah, I was ok with voting for Biden in the general even. But no, this guy is too damn much. He is our version of Trump. Fuck him.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
As someone who works in Education in NYC, if De Blasio is going to end up as Bernie's Education Secretary I would vomit.

What exactly in your mind has he done for schools here?

Universal Pre-K and 3k mainly.

Plus NYC Community Schools and Charters sound good on paper and honestly compared to most places they are. Nationwide that stuff will sound inspired. Also community schools wasn't a bad idea if anything I think they rolled out too many at once, but that is another conversation.

www1.nyc.gov

Mayor de Blasio and Chancellor Carranza Announce Record High Graduation Rate

Graduation Rate Rises to 75.9 Percent, Increases Across All Boroughs

75% high school graduation and a 8% drop out is not bad. Also say what you will he's consistently shown he wants education to succeed. The biggest L of his career (prior to his presidential campaign) was when Carvalho shot him down and that was because he was going for the best person for the job. I would expect him to surround himself with best people if he was chosen as secretary as well.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yeah, I was ok with voting for Biden in the general even. But no, this guy is too damn much. He is our version of Trump. Fuck him.
I would have held my nose and voted Biden. I would have voted for any other front runner. But yep, Bloomberg is a smarter version of Trump undermining the election by buying his way up the polls. I ain't normalizing that shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Bloomberg is a Dem Party crisis. These public statements are Trump 2016 level while being squarely at odds with where national Dems are on criminal justice reform now. Every single black elected official who endorsed this man needs to be called out.

Like yes, Bloomberg will likely govern better than Trump when in office but you can't say these comments are any better than the shit NYT was leaking about Trump throughout 2016.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in FL and I'm not voting for him if he's the nominee.

You have to draw the line at some point or you're part of the problem enabling this.

Status
Not open for further replies.