• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Remember when Bloomberg gave away city land near the Throgs Neck and Whitestone Bridges to Trump to build a shitty golf course in the Bronx?

I do.

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California
I'm pretty sure they're all just there for the money. Which I respect I guess.

I will say attempting to paint Sander's supporters as bullies like Donald Trump is...it's a strategy. One thing I will give Bloomberg, his team seems capable of finding a seam and trying to rip it open. Whoever he hired, I hope the eventual nominee picks up some of them.
I don't think the "will this spaghetti stick?" strategy will pay off. There's only so many noodles you can throw before there's a huge mess somebody has to clean up!, but we'll see.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Feels like we didn't talk about this enough:

Bloomberg going one step further and calling 16-25 brown/black young men lazy, can't behave and are jobless with no prospects.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018

@staceyabrams defended @MikeBloomberg colossal campaign spending on the @TheView: "I think that for once we actually know where the money is coming from."

"Every person is allowed to run and should run the race that they think they should run..."
"...and Mike Bloomberg has chosen to use his finances. Other people are using their dog, their charisma, their whatever," she added. "I think it's an appropriate question to raise. But I don't think it's disqualifying for anyone to invest in fixing America."

This is... not a good look at all.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

@staceyabrams defended @MikeBloomberg colossal campaign spending on the @TheView: "I think that for once we actually know where the money is coming from."

"Every person is allowed to run and should run the race that they think they should run..."
"...and Mike Bloomberg has chosen to use his finances. Other people are using their dog, their charisma, their whatever," she added. "I think it's an appropriate question to raise. But I don't think it's disqualifying for anyone to invest in fixing America."

Yep. Keep her the hell away from VP.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Everyone has a price, I guess. Shame.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Honestly, Bloomberg and Biden should cut an ad where they play that clip of Bernie arguing Obama should have been primaried and that he has been a disappointment to progressives. Then plaster that shit over every single Super Tuesday state. Why these campaigns don't go for the low hanging fruit I'll never understand, though.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
Honestly, Bloomberg and Biden should cut an ad where they play that clip of Bernie arguing Obama should have been primaried and that he has been a disappointment to progressives. Then plaster that shit over every single Super Tuesday state. Why these campaigns don't go for the low hanging fruit I'll never understand, though.

Yep

PMS341

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

To be fair, Obama was a gigantic disappointment. I'll never forget the Flint water drinking, and even if that wasn't his worst offense (drone striking weddings, on the other hand...), it definitely solidified him as pretty non-progressive.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
What are everyone's thoughts about the DNC putting a spending limit on campaign ad spending? I doubt it could work, but it could be a good stop gap before we overturn Citizen's United.

PMS341

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What are everyone's thoughts about the DNC putting a spending limit on campaign ad spending? I doubt it could work, but it could be a good stop gap before we overturn Citizen's United.

They should do it, but at that point, just get rid of Citizen's United entirely.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
To be fair, Obama was a gigantic disappointment. I'll never forget the Flint water drinking, and even if that wasn't his worst offense (drone striking weddings, on the other hand...), it definitely solidified him as pretty non-progressive.

Say this in any state with a significant black population, it'll kill your campaign stone dead.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017

I'm sorry but how is Obama responsible for the Flint Water crisis (and not the Republican Governor of the state who made the decisions that let to changes in the drinking supply that lead to the crisis)?

PMS341

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Say this in any state with a significant black population, it'll kill your campaign stone dead.

I get that lol. It is very unfortunate that the truth is exactly that. Considering the media and even moderate Dems cozy on up to Bush, a literal war criminal, there is no way in hell to put Obama on blast publicly and expect it to go well, especially in a Presidential campaign.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
Biden doesn't have money to run effective attack ads. Bloomberg does but he's over here screaming "DEMS SHOULDN'T ATTACK EACH OTHER!"

PMS341

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sorry but how is Obama responsible for the Flint Water crisis (and not the Republican Governor of the state who made the decisions that let to changes in the drinking supply that lead to the crisis)?

Did you forget about this

E7XJAPt.jpg

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how every democrat gets milkshake ducked in this thread. I'm certainly guilty of expecting perfection in a candidate too. It just makes me curious if there is some conservative doppelgänger PoliEra out there and what they were saying during the 2016 primary.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

What in the world does this even mean

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Did you know that the democrats would be a right wing party in most of Europe?

sorry, I had to

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I get that lol. It is very unfortunate that the truth is exactly that. Considering the media and even moderate Dems cozy on up to Bush, a literal war criminal, there is no way in hell to put Obama on blast publicly and expect it to go well, especially in a Presidential campaign.

"The truth" is a lot more nuanced than you believe it to be, and the Democratic base is a lot less "progressive" than you wish it was.

No one is claiming Obama is perfect, but saying he was a gigantic disappointment because of the flint water crisis, while ignoring the many, many reasons he remains the world's most admired public figure is...short sighted, to put it kindly.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Abrams is saying it less skillfully than a "he's saying what we're all saying thru eleventy billion dollars is all".

I'm ok with this. I would also like to see the misuse of "libs," "centrists" and variants of such cracked down on when users use them to label other members here simply because they're not first choice Sanders supporters. Very frequently, progressive members get written off with these weird, misused generalizations.

Some people can't not think in tribalist terms period, with excuses to attack across lines met with relieved glee. It's slurs and flags to rally round to them.

And for the record, I've come to the conclusion that those twitter shitheads attacking Sanders-skeptics/dislikers don't so much like him as like attacking people surrounding a reason that is him.

it's nice to sign and want something, I guess. It had about as much effect and impact as a change.org petition.

We need to continue to pound on him for such a horrific breach of the country. Besides, he started in within a WEEK of "iggzhonerashunn" as he must emotionally assume it was.

Get used to this playing out. Once this gets neutralized he slams bodily against another foundation. On and on, until the beast is put down.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have a dog, I have 60 billion dollars. Our differences are what makes us American. it is a strength, not a weakness.

PMS341

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
"The truth" is a lot more nuanced than you believe it to be, and the Democratic base is a lot less "progressive" than you wish it was.

No one is claiming Obama is perfect, but saying he was a gigantic disappointment because of the flint water crisis, while ignoring the many, many reasons he remains the world's most admired public figure is...short sighted, to put it kindly.

I could go down a list of everything Obama did wrong since Day One but it's 2020 and Obama is mostly irrelevant, outside of his latest "Now now don't hope for too much change!" rhetoric he's been pushing.

EDIT: Double post, my bad!

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

Oddly enough, most dems are still in the "we go high" mindset, which is asinine in today's political climate.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I could go down a list of everything Obama did wrong since Day One but it's 2020 and Obama is mostly irrelevant, outside of his latest "Now now don't hope for too much change!" rhetoric he's been pushing.

EDIT: Double post, my bad!

Im sure you could, but your personal grievances are irrelevant when considering the tens of millions of people who don't think that way, and whose vote you will need repeatedly to enact any policy your preferred candidate endorses.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Oddly enough, most dems are still in the "we go high" mindset, which is asinine in today's political climate.
It actually drives me nuts, because there are some good shit to hit both Biden and Bernie on, specifically. Biden should have been drug to hell and back for the way he treated Anita Hill. Literally CRICKETS from everyone. DRAG HA ON THIS. If I'm literally anyone trying to drag Bernie, I'm putting that Obama thing out front and center in every single Super Tuesday state. But, instead, it's all stupid twitter shit they snip at each other over.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
They can't do that because his quotes about it are all obviously about saying primaries in general are good, not that Obama is uniquely bad. The few critiques he had on obama were true and uncontroversial. Bernie has overstepped on those attacks some in 2016 by bringing them up at the wrong place and time, but if they're brought up again now it'd be the fault of the people making those attack ads to put unnecessary focus on Obama's faults, not Bernie's.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
They can't do that because his quotes about it are all obviously about saying primaries in general are good, not that Obama is uniquely bad. The few critiques he had on obama were true and uncontroversial. Bernie has overstepped on those attacks some in 2016 by bringing them up at the wrong place and time, but if they're brought up again now it'd be the fault of the people making those attack ads to put unnecessary focus on Obama's faults, not Bernie's.
Completely, 100% disagree. Obama has a 90% approval rating within the party. Any clip in Bernie's own words of him saying Obama was a disappointment to progressives would make it incredibly difficult to build a winning coalition. The easiest path to stopping a Bernie nomination is tank him among older black voters. he's not doing great anyway, but you can pretty much eliminate him winning any margin in the south by keeping him in the holding pattern he's currently in. (And let me be clear, Bernie has issues with ALL older voters, not just older black voters.)

Bernie saying that stuff means nothing to his base...but when you need to extend beyond that 20-30% of the electorate who is already with you, it would totally fuck him over. It's a hell of a lot better than going with Bernie is a Trump Bro or whatever.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Completely, 100% disagree. Obama has a 90% approval rating within the party. Any clip in Bernie's own words of him saying Obama was a disappointment to progressives would make it incredibly difficult to build a winning coalition. The easiest path to stopping a Bernie nomination is tank him among older black voters. he's not doing great anyway, but you can pretty much eliminate him winning any margin in the south by keeping him in the holding pattern he's currently in. (And let me be clear, Bernie has issues with ALL older voters, not just older black voters.)

Bernie saying that stuff means nothing to his base...but when you need to extend beyond that 20-30% of the electorate who is already with you, it would totally fuck him over. It's a hell of a lot better than going with Bernie is a Trump Bro or whatever.
Most people understand nuance enough to admit someone they like has faults.

Status
Not open for further replies.