• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I just thought that 2012 was kind of close, and Obama didn't do that great in the first debate against romney, and I just wonder if a protacted fight against Bernie would've damaged him enough so that he lost 2012. But I respect your opinion, so I'll defer to you.
OH god, never defer to me. I'm a moron :P

I get your point, I just don't think it would have been a protracted fight. I don't see it in a 1980s type fight for example. There would have been so many knives out for him that he'd have gotten no where. It wasn't like Carter who was fighitng his own party in Congress from day one.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I just want to point out Briahna did not misspeak. She lied or was speaking about something she had no knowledge of. That's not misspeaking.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

She also recently said that the term BernieBro was racist.

I would really like to see mods start punishing the Bernie Bro slur here. It isn't just rooted in sexism and racism, stemming from Clinton's documented effort to portray Sanders supporters as aggressive young white men. Its 2020 usage is just as sexist and racist. There are millions of Sanders supporters who have genuine, important criticism of policy and other candidates. People who deserve the voice that criticism in the forum of their choice, whether it be online or not. Most of them are not young white men. People who use the slur are erasing those people and their perspectives to push a specific political perspective. It's no different than Trump's various slurs. And it's equally offensive. No, qualifying it as just the "bad" Sanders supporters isn't enough. Nothing is enough. It's a slur, period.

If you have something to say about online harassers, please say online harassers. Don't use a bigoted slur that harms people whose views our society already minimizes.

The mods are still dropping the ball here. The term Bernie Bro is racist. It has always been racist. People are using it still, in this thread, to attack a black woman who had the gall to explain how it's racist. Please stop using this term.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
you're not going to get anyone but the already-decided to care about the medical records thing. it's like paid speeches for Hillary or that Bernie's not a Democrat.

Oct 25, 2017
you're not going to get anyone but the already-decided to care about the medical records thing. it's like paid speeches for Hillary or that Bernie's not a Democrat.
Didn't paid speeches actually ding Hillary pretty bad though? It was in the DNC leak and helped broaden her image of being untrustworthy and corrupt. Not sure its the best comparison.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit!

Asking Sanders to release more medical information (that he said he was going to release) is now akin to birtherism?

Toxic upper level campaign staffer stays toxic.

The Sanders campaign plays the victim card a little too much for my liking.

Especially considering he lost the first one
Eh, I leave that up to each person but I'm fine with giving both him and/or Pete the W there.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't paid speeches actually ding Hillary pretty bad though? It was in the DNC leak and helped broaden her image of being untrustworthy and corrupt. Not sure its the best comparison.

The DNC leak hurt her. I don't think "she does paid speeches" really hurt her beyond the people who were already converted.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
lol briahna is a mess. her incompetence is going to make the medical records thing an actual issue.

Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch, how much did she shit on Meghan McCain?
Pretty fucking good! She's demolishing these conservative talking points way better than Bernie usually does.

My favorite quote that got cheers so far was: "Progressive policies always get talked about with a 10 year price tag, while conservative policies only get discussed with a 1 year price tag. The military budget just got a $70 billion dollar increase in a single year."

Eh. The DNC leak and Comey's Letter did more damage to Hillary than the paid speeches thing.
I thought they were kinda tied since the speeches were actually inside the leak. "Private and public position" and "open borders" but maybe I'm wrong.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Gun girl levels of shit, I hope?

congrats if you get this reference

Oh I got it, unfortunately.
Pretty fucking good! She's demolishing these conservative talking points way better than Bernie usually does.

My favorite quote that got cheers so far was: "Progressive policies always get talked about with a 10 year price tag, while conservative policies only get discussed with a 1 year price tag. The military budget just got a $70 billion dollar increase in a single year."
Awesome! I'm glad to hear that, and I'm extra glad that that quote got cheers, because it's absolutely true.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they were kinda tied since the speeches were actually inside the leak. "Private and public position" and "open borders" but maybe I'm wrong.
I don't think those things hurt her with anyone who wasn't already convinced.

The thing that probably hurt her the most was this idea that the DNC was in the can for Hillary and kinda sort of validated the conspiracy theories on the Bernie side. It was more that the DNC folks obviously had a preference. THAT hurt her imo.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
The Bloomberg bashing will be fun but the real curiosity will be if Warren tries to cut down Bernie at all... I don't think she has much of a choice, the moderates clearly don't feel like doing it and are just fighting amongst themselves to be the last one standing

Oct 25, 2017
The Bloomberg bashing will be fun but the real curiosity will be if Warren tries to cut down Bernie at all... I don't think she has much of a choice, the moderates clearly don't feel like doing it and are just fighting amongst themselves to be the last one standing
I hope she leaves the Bernie Bro stuff at home. It's really just not effective for her.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
lmao Meghan really thinks she's the "boogie woman of the left", lmaoooooooo how important does she think she is.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
www.reuters.com

Long-time Trump adviser Stone to be sentenced by judge he antagonized

Since his January 2019 arrest, President Donald Trump's longtime adviser Roger Stone has repeatedly tested the patience of the federal judge who presided over his trial. On Thursday, that judge will tell the self-described "dirty trickster" how long he will serve in prison.
Since his January 2019 arrest, President Donald Trump's longtime adviser Roger Stone has repeatedly tested the patience of the federal judge who presided over his trial. On Thursday, that judge will tell the self-described "dirty trickster" how long he will serve in prison.

U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson is scheduled to sentence Stone, a veteran Republican operative whose friendship with Trump dates back decades, after a 12-member jury in November found him guilty on all seven counts of lying to Congress, obstruction and witness tampering.

The judge on Tuesday rejected Stone's bid to delay the sentencing.
Such a great file photo for Retuters to use. (And this is even tame by Roger-Stone-photo standards.)

r

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The mods are still dropping the ball here. The term Bernie Bro is racist. It has always been racist. People are using it still, in this thread, to attack a black woman who had the gall to explain how it's racist. Please stop using this term.
What posts are you referring to? I did a search for that term and the only time it appeared here in the last 24 hours was a post that was made after you wrote this.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Topics I expect to get covered tonight (last time I was fairly accurate):

The very likely:
*Some BERNIE BRO type question or rather "do the action of their supporters reflect on the candidate?"
*Should presidential candidates release their medical records?
*Half an hour on Medicare for All like is tradition for every debate.
*Some softball stop and frisk question (that everyone is going to want to jump on).
*Trump/Barr abuse of power in recent weeks, should Barr be impeached?
*Coronavirus containment.
*Immigration question for sure as we are near the south border.

The maybes:
*Maybe a question on education if we are lucky in light of the Bloomberg proposal but I doubt it.
*Maybe a question on race/criminal justice reform.
*Maybe a question on global climate change.

The nots:
*Has Trumped his lesson after impeachment? Or some talk about his recent string of pardons.
*Trans/Gay rights question
*Gun laws (was covered in NH debate)
*Poll tax case potentially heading to SC.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
If I was Bernie I would quietly manage out Joy Grey and Sirota off the campaign if he manages to pull it off. Throw them in field director posts in the PNW where they are temporally offset from the media and can't do any more damage.

I hope she leaves the Bernie Bro stuff at home. It's really just not effective for her.

I think it can be part of a wider argument that Bernie is a radical that is out of sync with our 2018 success and is a huge risk that we can't afford to take in the face of Trump. But it can't stand alone as an attack against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.