• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
User banned (5 days): Trolling, inflammatory posting.
Elaborate please, because it sure sounds like you're saying that he regularly encourages harassment
So Bernie secretly wants people personally harassing folks online and actually does consider them a part of the movement?

This thread is wild
He is responsible for his campaign, and his campaign has played martyr, lashing out at anyone, and everyone, that did not agree with him since he announced his entrance in the race. To act otherwise is willfully ignorant.

The fallacy that Bernie is just some precious old man that wouldn't hurt a fly, and that everything negative surrounding him and his campaign is due to bots or bad actors is laughable.

Please don't attribute a couple of posters to the entire thread, please.
I actually am licensed to speak for all of ERA, and several other hiveminds.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

America and Nate Silver's only A+++ rated polling firm will be releasing new results in approximately the time it takes me to fake a tweet 10 minutes. Stay tuned.
Three people argued or heavily implied the argument. I didn't say the entire thread did, I meant the direction the thread is going. I don't know where you're getting this from.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any actual evidence that he's lying about this?
giphy.gif

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

“Just now in interview with @NewsHour, Sen. @BernieSanders floated the idea that those online who are reportedly harassing Culinary Union members for not supporting Sanders are not actually Sanders supporters. “Sometimes people attack people in somebody else’s name,” Sanders said.”
twitter.com

Gary Grumbach on Twitter

““Anybody making personal attacks against anybody else in my name is not part of our movement. We don’t want them,” Sanders added.”

No true sanders supporter, huh?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
He is responsible for his campaign, and his campaign has played martyr, lashing at any and everyone that did not agree with him since he announced his entrance in the race. To act otherwise is willfully ignorant.

The fallacy that Bernie is just some precious old man that wouldn't hurt a fly, and that everything negative surrounding him and his campaign is due to bots or bad actors is laughable.

I actually am licensed to speak for all of ERA, and several other hiveminds.
It's ridiculous to assign full responsibility to Sanders for a loud minority of people online. He said he doesn't even consider them a part of the movement.
You said "this thread is wild" and that comes across as "this thread".
I still don't understand why you suddenly extrapolated to everyone in the thread when it's pretty clear I was talking about the multiple people who are doing this. Either way, I am referring to the posters who are.

Oct 25, 2017
So Yang appears to be gearing up for a run for Mayor of New York next year. Wants to use it as a test bed for Universal Income. While I'm not entirely sold that his plan for it is the way to go, using NYC as the testing ground for it before exporting out nation wide is something to be considered.
Anybody who's not running on a complete revolution of public transit and housing shouldn't even be considered.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017

McConnell may have just cost himself his seat. That's going to be a devastating ad against the GOP senators.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I think this is a great rule of thumb for most of these discussions. What has been frustrating, especially yesterday and today, is that there are a lot of vocal people here who have expected that standard to be met by supporters of Sanders here on Era without having a willingness to do the same.

Oct 25, 2017
It's ridiculous to assign full responsibility to Sanders for a loud minority of people online. He said he doesn't even consider them a part of the movement.

I still don't understand why you suddenly extrapolated to everyone in the thread when it's pretty clear I was talking about the multiple people who are doing this. Either way, I am referring to the posters who are.
Then it would be nice if you referred to them as "some of these/you posters are wild" rather than the thread, since we have a big old staff warning about making generalizations because of what happened the other day when blanket accusations against "this thread" were subjected to George W Bush white washing and racist apologists.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Who in his campaign is he encouraging to harass people online?
Perhaps not specifically about Culinary but if you haven't seen his fucking press secretary harass and dox people online, then you haven't been on Twitter. And he hasn't fired said press secretary. If he actually gave even a modicum of shit she would have been gone months ago. Not firing her means he's complicit, full stop.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

God this deflection circle is so boring.

Yes, numerous surrogates and multiple staffers are a okay with it. And do it themselves. Sanders doesn't, so he acts like he can wash his hands with it.

And hey, maybe he can. But can we be clear on this? KHive idiots are real. Yang Gang is real. Tulsi trolls are real. And so are abusive Sanders Supporters.

Hillary wasn't allowed to deny her rabid fanbase in 2008. Lets get on her level.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
This is the last response I'm giving on this topic at the moment, but I'd encourage you to look at the posts & statements of his official surrogates and campaign staff over the course of the last year, and also to see how they "handled" the Warren/SNAKE situation.

Honestly, it feels like the twilight zone in here sometimes.

Deleted member 20630

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Perhaps not specifically about Culinary but if you haven't seen his fucking press secretary harass and dox people online, then you haven't been on Twitter. And he hasn't fired said press secretary. If he actually gave even a modicum of shit she would have been gone months ago. Not firing her means he's complicit, full stop.

"you haven't been on twitter" is not the gotcha you think it is. Why not just provide the links?

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Then it would be nice if you referred to them as "some of these/you posters are wild" rather than the thread, since we have a big old staff warning about making generalizations because of what happened the other day when blanket accusations against "this thread" were subjected to George W Bush white washing and racist apologists.
The multiple people in the thread who are doing this are wild

There you are
This is the last response I'm giving on this topic at the moment, but I'd encourage you to look at the posts & statements of his official surrogates and campaign staff over the course of the last year, and also to see how they "handled" the Warren/SNAKE situation.

Honestly, it feels like the twilight zone in here sometimes.

Yes, numerous surrogates and multiple staffers are a okay with it. And do it themselves. Sanders doesn't, so he acts like he can wash his hands with it.

And hey, maybe he can. But can we be clear on this? KHive idiots are real. Yang Gang is real. Tulsi trolls are real. And so are abusive Sanders Supporters.

Hillary wasn't allowed to deny her rabid fanbase in 2008. Lets get on her level.
I'd like a link to this

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
You can 100% find it yourself with very little effort.
Googling is hard!

In fact I just did it myself and found that shit IMMEDIATELY. First link was her admitting to doxxing but claiming she wasn't specifically thinking of doxxing the person.

Fuck it I'll post it. But I'm sure I'll get a deflection anyway:

Oct 25, 2017
Joseph Cotton is a real good actor. He got his start in the Mercury Theater with Orson Welles. He was also in a good movie with Angela Lansbury and the very talented Ingrid Bergman. I forget the name of the movie.

If you haven't seen Citizen Kane, it's a good movie where a man runs for office. It might have been featured in the quasi-defunct PoliEra Movie Thread showcase. The other movie, who's name escapes me, would not, but probably should be.

SHOCKING RESULTS from the most reliable pollster around:

Deleted member 20630

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Googling is hard!

In fact I just did it myself and found that shit IMMEDIATELY. First link was her admitting to doxxing but claiming she wasn't specifically thinking of doxxing the person.

Fuck it I'll post it. But I'm sure I'll get a deflection anyway:

Ok, I'll be honest, I googled "Bernie Sanders Press Secretary controversy" and couldn't find that tweet. I'm sure you won't believe me but that tweet did not come up in my search. So please, no matter how "easy" it is, don't assume people can find what you're talking about.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Please, lets avoid sealioning the hell out of this discussion.

If Bernie wants to avoid responsibility, he can go ahead and try. It might get him the win, it worked for Trump.

But that doesn't mean it's something we all have to be cool with. Even if you're voting for him (like I likely am if Warren stays sunk).

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Please, lets avoid sealioning the hell out of this discussion.

If Bernie wants to avoid responsibility, he can go ahead and try. It might get him the win, it worked for Trump.

But that doesn't mean it's something we all have to be cool with. Even if you're voting for him (like I likely am if Warren stays sunk).
I'm fine with someone voting for him and supporting him. In fact if Forma were to drop before Super Tuesday, I'd probably vote for him. But don't you dare fucking pretend he's infallible and feign ignorance when called out.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You responded to posts asking for proof with "look it up yourself". I didn't respond because I was looking...and I didn't find it. I am thankful for Linkura for the tweet because I would have some idea on what you're talking about.

Also...I'm assuming that the issue is "I'm sure he doesn't know who HW is ,or he wouldn't have credited this account. Shall we help him out?" quote. Ok, I'll be honest I don't use twitter because it's a waste of time and I value my sanity but I'm not seeing the connection from this to doxxing.

Deleted member 20630

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You responded to posts asking for proof with "look it up yourself". I didn't respond because I was looking...and I didn't find it. I am thankful for Linkura for the tweet because I would have some idea on what you're talking about.

Also...I'm assuming that the issue is "I'm sure he doesn't know who HW is ,or he wouldn't have credited this account. Shall we help him out?" quote. Ok, I'll be honest I don't use twitter because it's a waste of time and I value my sanity but I'm not seeing the connection from this to doxxing.

I guess I can see it if I squint and interpret it as uncharitably as possible

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017

People need to learn how to do their own research, including being apprised of the happenings of their preferred candidate (and frankly, all the major candidates) if you want to meaningfully contribute to the discourse. If multiple people are saying something, it might behoove you to take the time to aquatint yourself with the subject at hand. Saying "I've never heard about it, so prove it to me" helps no one, and is a way of deflecting your own responsibility as an informed citizen.

There's nothing wrong with asking questions (obviously), but other posters aren't here to educate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.