• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
f3cd8572-1590-43fa-8cc1-d43792b0c20d.jpg
AC

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Steyer's face is so weird to me. Like jaundicey.
Why worry about his face when the shit coming out of his mouth is so vapid?

"Term limits." "National referendum." "Washington outsider." "Immigration by non-who-ites." "Rich people are your rulers."

SHUT UP. I don't even do cable anymore and I still can't get away from this asshat.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh btw Q folks are very perplexed by the McCabe news

not perplexed enough to stop believing, but very confusing for them

Sidebuster

Oct 26, 2017
California

Is this the first real attack ad of the primary cycle? There was the Biden ad against Pete but that was obviously not for TV because broke biden lol, this one on the other hand seems like it's there to crash time on the SC airwaves.

He claims Bernie doesn't know how he's going to pay for his health care plan, maybe I missed it, but does Steyer doesn't seem to mention how he's going to pay for his?

Watched it again. "Bernie Sanders doesn't know how he can pay for his plan now let me show you mine (and not tell you how I'm going to pay for it?)" Doesn't seem like a well thought out ad, but maybe I'm wrong?

Oct 25, 2017
thehill.com

Ocasio-Cortez responds to Dem senator who said policies ‘too far to the left’ don’t win in Midwest

New York congressional candidate Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D) responded to Sen. Tammy Duckworth’s (D-Ill.) claim that policies “too far to the left” can’t win in Midwestern states.“With…

Trump will probably play these comments if Duckworth becomes VP but they're pretty mild in comparison to last VP picks.

Stacey Abrams is all for being VP for any Dem nominee.

www.nytimes.com

Stacey Abrams Says She’s Open to Being Vice President for Any Democratic Nominee (Published 2019)

Ms. Abrams, who announced this week that she would not run for president, told The New York Times that she would be “honored to be considered” for vice president.
Stacey makes it obvious she really really wants to be an executive and executive only.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
As someone who spent 11 years in the journalism industry, working for a big chain and a small family paper, the intentional destruction of small and medium papers around the country by venture capital is a story that doesn't get enough attention. The next recession is going to wipe a lot of them off the face of the earth.

That comment by Buffett that all papers that ain't already utilizing paywalls or bought out by fair-natured billionaires like him and Bezos will die continues to ring true.

Feb 14, 2018
If it's a contested convention with Bernie as the clear plurality leader, the moderates will pick the VP to be Bernie's successor or likely frontrunner for 24 if/when Trump wins (which is the likeliest scenario to me if Bernie gets the nomination).
When was the last time the nominee was the VP of the previous (unsuccessful) ticket? Is Tim Kaine the front runner? Everyone remember Edwards 2008 and Lieberman 2004? Paul Ryan 2016 and Sarah Palin 2012?

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
CNN has some discussion with black voters in NV and the top three were:

1. Steyer (lol)
2/3. Warren/Biden tied

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever

Is this the first real attack ad of the primary cycle? There was the Biden ad against Pete but that was obviously not for TV because broke biden lol, this one on the other hand seems like it's there to crash time on the SC airwaves.

Steyer was running an attack ad against Biden and Pete in NH. And I think Bernie ran an attack ad against Biden's record on Social Security in Iowa?

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Nate Cohn on Twitter

“FYI, the needle is skipping NV to go on to SC, where its poll numbers are better.”

I'd pay money to see somebody make a real attempt at a Nevada needle. This is going to be so much worse than Iowa.

Oh, 2016.

www.youtube.com

Nevada Democratic Convention Chaos Raises Security Concerns

Images of angry Bernie Sanders supporters have caused some Democratic party leaders to worry that their national convention will turn violent, as it did in C...

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
You've heard of the presidential first pitch, now it's the first lap!

Would that thing even survive the banking of Daytona? That shit is steep.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Haven't heard anyone give a shit about NASCAR in years, real talk. What happened to it?
It's been in a very deep slump, but there's still millions of people that watch it and go to the races. Why more Republican Presidents haven't embraced it I don't understand, it is the easiest way to connect with blue collar voters in a way that is light and fun, without the usual issues of "keep politics out of my sports" that you get elsewhere.

In my experience, NASCAR fans as a whole aren't the crazed right-wingers that most of you are imagining. In fact, my gut tells me that there's probably a large swath that don't vote at all- so they could be easy pickups for Trump.

Now, what caused the slump is a much longer conversation.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Haven't heard anyone give a shit about NASCAR in years, real talk. What happened to it?
The France family, most particularly Brian, shares a lot of the blame on this, they kept changing the rule and stage formats, Car of Tomorrow debacle, the recession, younger people don't find it exciting compared to say F1, in combination with the old guard drivers retiring causing TV ratings (cord cutting comes into play too) and fan attendance at tracks going down more each year for the past 15 years, which in turn is making sponsors pulling out and the ones that do stay it pays less than it used to.

Sure it still draws in the South and in some other places but nowhere near what they had during their peak in the 90s-early 2000s. I would consider 2004-5 as the company's absolute peak in terms of ratings and attendance.

Last edited:

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I think the comments from that GWB Judge from earlier today are worth repeating. It seems despite Trump's vindictive efforts, the DoJ had no case against McCabe. This is crazy stuff, when even a Republican leaning Judge is sounding the alarm about "banana republic".

In one of the newly released transcripts, from a hearing in July, Cooney, who heads the Washington U.S. Attorney's Office fraud unit, told the judge they expected to make a decision on whether to charge McCabe within 60 days.

When they returned to court in early September, Cooney told Judge Reggie Walton, a George W. Bush appointee, that no decision had been made, but they expected to have one within days. At the next hearing, on Sept. 30, Cooney said "That prediction was obviously incorrect."

The judge asked why it was taking so long.

"I don't know why it's so difficult for a decision to be made," Walton said. "Either you have a case or you don't." Cooney told the judge "this is an exceedingly difficult matter and situation" and that he needed another three months.

"I don't get it," the judge said, telling Cooney he needed to make a decision in the CREW lawsuit and that "it seems to me from the standpoint of Mr. McCabe, he has a right to have the government make a decision and not hold his life in limbo pending a decision as to what's going to happen."

Walton added, "I understand there are political implications and other implications involved in reference to whether you go forward. And I fully appreciate the complexity of the assessment, especially — unfortunately, to be candid — in light of the way by the White House, which I don't think top executive officers should be doing. Because it does, I think, really complicate your ability to get a fair adjudication from the government's prospective.

"Because the public is listening to what's going on, and I don't think people like the fact that you got somebody at the top basically trying to dictate whether somebody should be prosecuted," Walton said. "I just think it's a banana republic when we go down that road, and we have those type of statements being made that are conceivably, even if not, influencing the ultimate decision. I think there are a lot of people on the outside who perceive that there is undue inappropriate pressure being brought to bear."

"It's very disturbing that we're in the mess that we're in in that regard," Walton added later. "Because I think having been a part of the prosecution for a long time and respecting the role that prosecutors play in the system. I just think the integrity of the process is being unduly undermined by inappropriate comments and actions on the part of people at the top of our government. I think it's very unfortunate. And I think as a government and as a society, we're going to pay a price at some point for this."

www.nbcnews.com

DOJ drops leak case vs. McCabe, judge said White House involvement like a ‘banana republic’

The judge, a George W. Bush appointee, said "the fact that you got somebody at the top basically trying to dictate whether somebody should be prosecuted" was like a "banana republic."

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
The France family, most particularly Brian, shares a lot of the blame on this, they kept changing the rule and stage formats, Car of Tomorrow debacle, the recession, younger people don't find it exciting compared to say F1, in combination with the old guard drivers retiring causing TV ratings (cord cutting comes into play too) and fan attendance at tracks going down more each year for the past 15 years, which in turn is making sponsors pulling out and the ones that do stay it pays less than it used to.

Sure it still draws in the South and in some other places but nowhere near what they had during their peak in the 90s-early 2000s. I would consider 2004-5 as the company's absolute peak in terms of ratings and attendance.

they should just turn it into "racing entertainment" with storylines and stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually never met anyone who watches NASCAR in my entire life but i've only ever lived in Texas and California. Which states watch this?

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017
I've actually never met anyone who watches NASCAR but i've only ever lived in Texas and California. Which states watch this?

Southeastern states + Midwest/Great Lakes states used to be the heart of it, but the Midwest/Great Lakes crowd has been fading away.

Ironically, the Frances do know how to run a sport and grow it. IMSA's return has been doing well but that was primarily Jim France's baby. Brian France did a ton of damage to the sport chasing making it more like the NFL or MLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.