• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Elizabeth Warren on Twitter

“I gave Aurora from Ohio a call tonight to thank her for chipping in to our campaign. I’m grateful for supporters like her who pitch in a few bucks to grow our movement. Thank you, Aurora. Your fight is our fight. https://t.co/nurLkDCYA6”

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
The only driver I know is Danica Patrick.

Why is it so hard for women to get into NASCAR when it's just driving lmao

High entry costs mostly.
And "just driving" -- not gonna say it's olympic level shit but you should try driving one at anything approaching those speeds, those cars aren't F1 things, their steering is shit and requires you to actually put work into turning, and you are trying to go at a speed that barely keeps your grip on the track, you're driving for like 3 hours where it hits like 120 degrees in the car with no a/c and layered in flame retardant shit... it's not pleasant lol

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I really just want ST to be here. I want to know how real Bloomberg is. I want to know if Sanders is gonna put it away. I want to know if Biden has a pulse.

Ugh. I just want answers.

kess

Oct 27, 2017
NASCAR would be a lot more compelling if it wasn't just Chevy and Ford and Toyota.

Too bad the US doesn't have anything quite like the Carrera Panamericana, where maniacs run 60 year old cars on rinky dink upland roads.

Oct 25, 2017
High entry costs mostly.
And "just driving" -- not gonna say it's olympic level shit but you should try driving one at anything approaching those speeds, those cars aren't F1 things, their steering is shit and requires you to actually put work into turning, and you are trying to go at a speed that barely keeps your grip on the track, you're driving for like 3 hours where it hits like 120 degrees in the car with no a/c and layered in flame retardant shit... it's not pleasant lol
Yes but do men have an inherent advantage over the women drivers? that's what I meant

I really just want ST to be here. I want to know how real Bloomberg is. I want to know if Sanders is gonna put it away. I want to know if Biden has a pulse.

Ugh. I just want answers.
I signed up to volunteer in NV because of this exact reason lol.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
88D08hy.png

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017
I think the comments from that GWB Judge from earlier today are worth repeating. It seems despite Trump's vindictive efforts, the DoJ had no case against McCabe. This is crazy stuff, when even a Republican leaning Judge is sounding the alarm about "banana republic".

In one of the newly released transcripts, from a hearing in July, Cooney, who heads the Washington U.S. Attorney's Office fraud unit, told the judge they expected to make a decision on whether to charge McCabe within 60 days.

When they returned to court in early September, Cooney told Judge Reggie Walton, a George W. Bush appointee, that no decision had been made, but they expected to have one within days. At the next hearing, on Sept. 30, Cooney said "That prediction was obviously incorrect."

The judge asked why it was taking so long.

"I don't know why it's so difficult for a decision to be made," Walton said. "Either you have a case or you don't." Cooney told the judge "this is an exceedingly difficult matter and situation" and that he needed another three months.

"I don't get it," the judge said, telling Cooney he needed to make a decision in the CREW lawsuit and that "it seems to me from the standpoint of Mr. McCabe, he has a right to have the government make a decision and not hold his life in limbo pending a decision as to what's going to happen."

Walton added, "I understand there are political implications and other implications involved in reference to whether you go forward. And I fully appreciate the complexity of the assessment, especially — unfortunately, to be candid — in light of the way by the White House, which I don't think top executive officers should be doing. Because it does, I think, really complicate your ability to get a fair adjudication from the government's prospective.

"Because the public is listening to what's going on, and I don't think people like the fact that you got somebody at the top basically trying to dictate whether somebody should be prosecuted," Walton said. "I just think it's a banana republic when we go down that road, and we have those type of statements being made that are conceivably, even if not, influencing the ultimate decision. I think there are a lot of people on the outside who perceive that there is undue inappropriate pressure being brought to bear."

"It's very disturbing that we're in the mess that we're in in that regard," Walton added later. "Because I think having been a part of the prosecution for a long time and respecting the role that prosecutors play in the system. I just think the integrity of the process is being unduly undermined by inappropriate comments and actions on the part of people at the top of our government. I think it's very unfortunate. And I think as a government and as a society, we're going to pay a price at some point for this."

www.nbcnews.com

DOJ drops leak case vs. McCabe, judge said White House involvement like a ‘banana republic’

The judge, a George W. Bush appointee, said "the fact that you got somebody at the top basically trying to dictate whether somebody should be prosecuted" was like a "banana republic."

Thanks for posting this. I missed most of the news today.

It's clear Trump uses investigations as weapon not to necessarily throw his enemies in jail, but to put a cloud of suspicion over their head and discredit them. Of course if he can put them in prison, he would, but failing that he'll just keep a cloud of suspicion over them for as long as possible. Glad the Judge, even a Republican appointed one, called him out on it.

Katonix

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The twitter war between Bloomberg and Trump is AMAZING. Can we have more of that please?! Two nasty white guys destroying each other on twitter lol

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
We also had people on this very forum saying we should nominate him. He's tough enough to beat Trump!
That shit was the absolute goddman worst. Especially when people were arguing when he dipped his hand in immigration lawyering and the only effect he had was that he helped a kid get ousted all the while not taking advice from people who actually work in immigration law.

God hope that guy gets the book thrown at him

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
As if there needed to be move evidence how worthless twitter trending is, #StillVotingYang is trending #1 right now in the U.S.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
So Biden like all JRPG bosses wasnt the final one. Enter Bloomberg *watches him speak in Texas* yea ok so basically having Billions of dollars makes your fortune a Dorian Gray type of deal except it just saps your charisma. lol

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Not to knock anyone who enjoys NASCAR, but I hate anything having to do with cars. I literally got my drivers license at 29, and only because it was too hard to shuttle my kids around without it. My husband is a giant redneck. I have to do horrible things like mudding and buying camouflage shit for him. We have four wheelers. Thank Jesus he doesn't like NASCAR though.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Jesus, I'm so sorry :(
Thank you for understanding my pain. I love him in spite of all this. 😭
One actual shitty thing is, people assume he's a big Trump supporter. White guy, big truck, camo hat? He fits the mold. He's absolutely a huge liberal though. Totally a union guy and just an all around amazing person. But people will say the most vile shit to him thinking he agrees with the racist, sexist, and homophobic bullshit the GOP spreads. Then he nicely tells them to piss off or he'll kindly throw them through a wall.

Last edited:

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
To be fair to the SDNY, it's only been about 4 months or so since they kicked their Giuliani investigations into high gear.

Bill's just distressed that people don't like him and feels this is a momentous opportunity to put himself in a higher category of regard than such past mayoral luminaries as Giuliani and Bloomberg.

Actually use to work for the mayors office and can add some context and Tea...

1) Bernie was the celebrity speaker at Bill's final inauguration. They have a legit relationship, de Blasio was always going to endorse him unless there was a clear front runner ahead of him and knowing Bill he probably would still endorse Bernie.

2) Bill and his people KNOW everyone thinks he is an asshole. A lot of Bill's run was he was desperate. He should have gone after Cuomo or Schumer, but both of those moves honestly would have probably led to L's and made it hard to ever do anything else in NYC either.

3) Bill is in find a new job mode. Besides trying to get his wife the Brooklyn borough president gig (aka He endorses Adam and then Adam endorses Chirlane). The next move would be a secretary job for himself in Washington. Potentially education because he would have a history of success with Pre-K and 3k and while his push for community schools mostly failed, between them, charters, and everything else. Bill would be uniquely positioned to have both a plan, a record of success, and staff to do some interesting stuff nationally. Forget that most the heavy lifting on education in NYC was done by Deputy Mayor Buery. That's the plan. If Bernie gets elected I give the plan a good 75% chance of working too, because de Blasio really did help the schools.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Thanks for posting this. I missed most of the news today.

It's clear Florida Man uses investigations as weapon not to necessarily throw his enemies in jail, but to put a cloud of suspicion over their head and discredit them. Of course if he can put them in prison, he would, but failing that he'll just keep a cloud of suspicion over them for as long as possible. Glad the Judge, even a Republican appointed one, called him out on it.

He's a mob lawyer and propagandist who's in over his head with a belligerent "client" (which is the only thing that's saving our legal system right now).

Problem is people won't go there mentally so it's delaying fixing this. And I'm like "c'mon folks, they're going out of theyre way to see this now".
abcnews.go.com

As sentencing approaches, Roger Stone turns to former mob lawyer for help

As sentencing approaches, Roger Stone turns to former mob-lawyer for help

Thank you for understanding my pain. I love him in spite of all this. 😭
One actual shitty thing is, people assume he's a big Florida Man supporter. White guy, big truck, camo hat? He fits the mold. He's absolutely a huge liberal though. Totally a union guy and just an all around amazing person. But people will say the most vile shit to him thinking he agrees with the racist, sexist, and homophobic bullshit the GOP spreads. Then he nicely tells them to piss off or he'll kindly throw them through a wall.

MAGATs always assume anyone with good ol boy accouterment and/or accent is one of them don't they? I don't find it completely shitty if only for the look they give when I call him a mobster coward or whatever.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Not to knock anyone who enjoys NASCAR, but I hate anything having to do with cars. I literally got my drivers license at 29, and only because it was too hard to shuttle my kids around without it. My husband is a giant redneck. I have to do horrible things like mudding and buying camouflage shit for him. We have four wheelers. Thank Jesus he doesn't like NASCAR though.

What's mudding? Sounds awful lol

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
What's mudding? Sounds awful lol
Basically what kev said. We own 5 acres and you drive out there to the mud. You drive your 4 wheelers and truck through the mud. It's as stupid as it sounds. My two oldest boys live it. My oldest daughter loves it. Our 2 year old son haaaates it (because he's the good child) and the other two are too young to have any thoughts

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Somehow I presumed everyone who does stuff like mudding was closeted and trying to look alpha. I guess not.
My husband has a big truck, loves hunting and fishing, country music and camo hats. He is the poster child for trump lovers. But he's gay as all hell, loathes anyone who is a racist/sexist/bigot and is a huuuuge union guy. He's also named Colt so he's like the anti stereotype lol

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Avenatti had a few more billion dollars, he probably would have been able to pull it off. Live and learn, I suppose.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Kobach up by 9... in a McLaughlin poll. The same pollster that had Eric Cantor leading by 30%, Rob Woodall leading by 30% instead of winning by 400 votes, and Babs Comstock leading Wexton by 1%.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
The race will still be Lean R, maybe tossup, if Kobach gets the nomination, but she won't lose by more than 5% and the GOP will have to spend real money on the seat.​

Googleplex

Oct 25, 2017
My husband has a big truck, loves hunting and fishing, country music and camo hats. He is the poster child for trump lovers. But he's gay as all hell, loathes anyone who is a racist/sexist/bigot and is a huuuuge union guy. He's also named Colt so he's like the anti stereotype lol

I wish I could buy your husband a beer. He sounds awesome.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Basically what kev said. We own 5 acres and you drive out there to the mud. You drive your 4 wheelers and truck through the mud. It's as stupid as it sounds. My two oldest boys live it. My oldest daughter loves it. Our 2 year old son haaaates it (because he's the good child) and the other two are too young to have any thoughts

I'd probably be into that ngl :P

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
He is pretty cool but I'm hardly impartial.

They opened a Trump kiosk in our mall. I really want to recreate that Designing Women episode where Julia kept driving her car through a newsstand that sold Playboy....except with my giant ass stroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.