• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
38a.jpg
Fuck missed posting this by 3 minutes.

Why the fuck does Bernard care about 1-2 dels when it looks like he's gonna run away with it come ST

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A recount should give Sanders the win if the errors are to be believed.

Sanders really really wants the narrative that he won 3 states straight.

Oct 25, 2017

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
As Nate pointed out, a reinvigorated Biden is basically the only person who can stop Bernie. He was threatening to put up margins with both black voters and blue collar whites which would've created a battle nationwide.

Bloomberg won't do this.

Bloomberg is the only candidate that was able to put a meaningful dent in Biden's coalition, and did it without winning any states or appearing in any debates.
A Bloomberg that manages not to screw up on stage in Nevada is a massive problem for everyone.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
I bet 2008 Obama wished that he could've been up by hundreds of delegates over Hillary by the end of Super Tuesday. He wasn't really able to start pulling away with the delegate lead until April/May.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bet 2008 Obama wished that he could've been up by hundreds of delegates over Hillary by the end of Super Tuesday. He wasn't really able to start pulling away with the delegate lead until April/May.
Obama and Clinton were both far stronger primary election candidates than anyone in the field currently.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
Obama and Clinton were both far stronger primary election candidates than anyone in the field currently.

Oh I know.

I was just making fun of the fact that the 2008 primary was pretty much a toss up for the vast majority of the primaries. If the predictions from folks like Nate turn out true, then this year's primaries could be over rather fast.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Obama would have wiped the floor with this primary.

Clinton would have had a tougher time since a lot of her base would have been fractured among the minnows.

ZeroRed

Oct 27, 2017
First day of early voting here in Austin, TX. Zero wait where I went. Sign in guy said turnout was slow, but steady-slow.

Was nice to see Warren's name as the top primo spot on the whole thing.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Bernie already started the Bloomberg hits.

Bloombito vs. The World tomorrow night.

I won't be able to watch it though. Will have to see dem clips.

There's early voting here next week but it's all during the week anyway, may as fucking well do it day of. They couldn't be arsed to do weekend early voting.

shem

Oct 25, 2017
If he was at Obama/Clinton level the election would effectively be over already.

edit: or are people missing that I'm talking about their electoral strength.

If he was at the clinton level people wouldn't have run against him because they respect his position in the party....not because he would have had the race wrapped up...

Dec 31, 2017
Bloombito vs. The World tomorrow night.

I won't be able to watch it though. Will have to see dem clips.

There's early voting here next week but it's all during the week anyway, may as fucking well do it day of. They couldn't be arsed to do weekend early voting.

I'm gonna be in Europe and shit I may stay up to watch that shit.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I feel like we have a pretty good sense of the relative strength of Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders as primary candidates.

Feb 14, 2018
Bloomberg is the only candidate that was able to put a meaningful dent in Biden's coalition, and did it without winning any states or appearing in any debates.
A Bloomberg that manages not to screw up on stage in Nevada is a massive problem for everyone.
Biden shattered his own coalition by performing so horribly in the first two contests. His collapse probably wouldn't have been as dramatic if Bloomberg hadn't entered the race, but Bernie would still get the boost he seems to have gotten.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I think when people get closer to the moment of voting for Biden, they start to consider what Joe Biden is right now versus what he was in 2008 or 2016

i_am_ben

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to think Pete's only chance is for Biden to lose SC, and for Bloomberg to get destroyed at the debate tomorrow. I think he might have a good shot at getting second place in Nevada, but ST is impossible to guess atm.

I don't see how it's anyone but Bernie at this point but I think your scenario is the only logical way forward for Pete.

Also while this isn't shown in the data, my gut tells me that Pete's homosexuality is materially hurting him and he may struggle to extend his share of the vote. I doubt we'll ever know for sure though given there are a number of perfectly valid reasons to not like Pete.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Biden shattered his own coalition by performing so horribly in the first two contests. His collapse probably wouldn't have been as dramatic if Bloomberg hadn't entered the race, but Bernie would still get the boost he seems to have gotten.
Well why did he underperform? Was it organization? Outreach? I just think he's not a particularly inspiring candidate and he's basically flopped whenever he isn't talking about pain and personal suffering.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well why did he underperform? Was it organization? Outreach? I just think he's not a particularly inspiring candidate and he's basically flopped whenever he isn't talking about pain and personal suffering.
Organization seems to be the big issue. He's never run a good Presidential campaign.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
If Bernie can't beat Trump in a general, I don't think any of these candidates can. There is no more unity. Only chaos.

Ironically you'd think with a President as despised by Dems as Trump it would be a lot easier to unite.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I think too many people are worried about the older black vote. If Bernie keeps winning, he'll likely get them. People vote for winners.

Which is something Biden forgot.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017

Cross posting from the primary OT, ya boi did it again

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney

I also think decades of "first in the nation" status has made huge swathes Iowa and New Hampshire voters a bunch of pampered little weirdos who love to be wowed and flattered by novelty and spectacle and Biden doesn't know or care to do that.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018

Case in point:

You can clearly see what happened with almost everyone's poll numbers the moment Biden collapsed. Bernie and Bloomberg took advantage of Biden's fall more than anyone else, but pretty much everyone saw their support rise. Warren was really the only one that didn't benefit.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Hillary was hated but also did inspire a lot of diehard fans. People also really wanted to see a woman President so that gave her novelty.

Biden doesn't inspire anything. Nobody feels strongly about Biden. Well, until you see all those creep photos. Nobody wants to go back to 2008 and even if they did, Biden isn't the one to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.