• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Biden's never finished better than fourth in any presidential primary or caucus, right? And in that poll he's in...fourth.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
ERTt3gDWkAEofbj.png%3Alarge
AA men really don't like Amy and Pete so much while AA women likes every candidate

also sample size is too small

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
#1 is already state law. This ballot initiative is just to put it in the state constitution for no reason. Just part of the "liberals are letting non-citizens (read: brown people) vote! It could happen here!" nonsense.
One of the replies said it's probably intended to drive red turnout. Makes sense unfortunately. Also it should be legal anyway :/

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

Warren might be able to pass viability and be only not Bernie option on realignment? Half pre debate as well.

There's no real surge here unless she does really well with Amy's voters on the realignment (maybe. Don't think she's gonna do it guys.

but yeah DFP polls are very legit and very good so would expect a pretty big win for Bernie here.

Oct 25, 2017
Good point. This could could get interesting.
Nevada is going to be super interesting. If polling is dead on, Sanders easily wins, but 2nd and 3rd could be a mess and pretty close to first if the alignment shifts are similar to Iowa.

But, due to early voting, some alignment is essentially "blind", combined with current non-blind alignment.

Tomorrow will be a tremendous mess.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
wouldn't be surprised if NV goes similarly to IA for Biden. Consistently second place in the polls, and then just completely shits the bed when the results trickle in.

Oct 25, 2017
Nevada is going to be super interesting. If polling is dead on, Sanders easily wins, but 2nd and 3rd could be a mess and pretty close to first if the alignment shifts are similar to Iowa.

But, due to early voting, some alignment is essentially "blind", combined with current non-blind alignment.

Tomorrow will be a tremendous mess.
Nevada doesn't let non viable campaigns become viable on realignment like Iowa does so Bernie will probably get all of the votes in many places.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Was not expecting this headline today, but okay:
www.independent.co.uk

Trump ally Erik Prince reportedly under investigation by FBI for 'converting crop dusting plane into military aircraft'

Prince has given handsomely to president's campaigns, and is brother to education secretary Betsy DeVos
The FBI is reportedly investigating Donald Trump ally and Blackwater founder Erik Prince for his efforts to convert an American-made crop dusting plane into an attack aircraft, in violation of arms trafficking regulations.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Does that mean if you have a precinct where only one candidate clears 15%, then all go to that candidate regardless of who they were attached to on first alignment?
I believe so yes. I don't think you can make a candidate who was not viable on the first alignment viable on the second alignment.

Oct 30, 2017
That's a bizarre thing to do. Why would you try to arm a crop duster, of all things? With the resources Prince has, I'd think he could probably buy an actual attack plane, not that it makes sense for him to have one to begin with. Like, wouldn't a helicopter make more sense overall?

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
After seeing what a crop dusting pilot could do in Independence Day, I'm glad they foiled Erik Prince's scheme before it got too far.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018

What I love about this story:
The GOP candidate insisted she was innocent when the Guardian first reported on the charges in July.

"I am not guilty of these crimes," she told the Guardian. "In this country I am innocent until proven guilty and that is the law."
Local Minnesota authorities are on the lookout for Rep. Ilhan Omar's (D-MN) Republican challenger, Danielle Stella, who failed to appear in court after she was charged with theft.

Staffers at the Hennepin County District Court and the county sheriff's office confirmed to TPM that a judge had issued an arrest warrant after Stella skipped her hearing on October 31.
Funny grasp on "the law" for someone running for Congress.

Also this is the best Republicans could come up with to try take out their second(?)-most-hated Democrat in the House? I'd ask how they as a party aren't ashamed, but... y'know.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Erik probably saw that Indian drone scene in Interstellar and the crop dusting scene in Independence Day and thought "yes, that's a good idea, let's weaponize it!"

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I read through this article. Considered making a new thread, but the end of it was just too depressing.
www.bbc.com

The complicated truth behind Trump’s ‘American comeback'

President Trump hailed the "great American comeback", so why are working families still struggling?
Then you get to the end, and of six different people they talked to in the article: three are for Sanders (a mother and her two adult children, one of whom has cerebral palsy and requires full-time care); two are for Trump (one because abortion, the other because "when he says something, he does it" sigh.gif); one wants Trump out but is voting independent "because I'm not really feeling nobody".
I was talking to my wife about this yesterday. American voters don't know what they actually want. They know they want help, but when it comes to voting, they vote against improving their lives. A majority of Americans support universal healthcare, but when it comes to voting for people who also support, they shy away from it. Voters in this country do not pay attention to politics to make informed decisions. They just hear soundbites on TV and make up their mind that way. It's frustrating because it's easier than ever to read up on the candidates, but nobody wants to do it. It's like all the Trump supporters in that Daily Show segment saying "read the transcript" when none of them did. Nobody wants to actually do any research into the candidates, they just want talking points to debate people that disagree with them.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Bernie will get more 2nd votes from Biden first alignment voters now versus Iowa. Sanders seems more electable.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
So I'm pretty prepared atm for Bernie to get the nomination, and possibly the presidency, but is there any concern that we'll lose big time in 2022 and 2024 as a result? Also really worried about not flipping the Senate this year too. Trump gives us the best chance of defeating an incumbent president, but what's stopping the GOP from nominating someone competent in 2024, is my point. On a semi-related note, both Bernie and Biden being (most likely) one-term presidents is a big reason why they're not my pick in the primary.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Oct 25, 2017
Warren created an opening for Bloomberg to underperform on ST and have Bernie clear a majority or assuredly be over 40%. The snakes send their regards.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So I'm pretty prepared atm for Bernie to get the nomination, and possibly the presidency, but is there any concern that we'll lose big time in 2022 and 2024 as a result? Also really worried about not flipping the Senate this year too. Trump gives us the best chance of defeating an incumbent president, but what's stopping the GOP from nominating someone competent in 2024, is my point. On a semi-related note, both Bernie and Biden being (most likely) one-term presidents is a big reason why they're not my pick in the primary.
I'm expecting 2022 to be a republican blowout.

Dems/left leaning Is go "wew we beat trump" and get complacent and Republicans capitalize on any backlash to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.