• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
2q3a6ng010c11.jpg

Time ever runs swift and slow all in one, and never moreso is that true during a US Presidential election year. While a pandemic is happening. While the Syrian war heats back up. While we negotiate with the Taliban. While Israel has its 3rd election in a year with more to come. While Brexit is happening, while...

You get the picture.

The title is a quote from the Joe Biden campaign, which as of 12 days ago was on life support while we assumed that Bernie's persistently largest slice of the pie would lead him to victory over a divided field. A simpler time, for some, a better time. But life comes at you fast, and a Democratic Presidential primary that had 6 serious candidates now has just two, in less time than a Coronavirus quarantine.

A great, great deal has been said about our two presidential contenders and a great deal will be said, in this thread and in others.

I wanted to take my soapbox to remind everyone of what we're up against:

We are all fellow travelers in the fight against racist, aggressively uninformed authoritarianism. If you read an opinion by a poster in this thread that makes you angry, take a step back and direct that anger where it is truly productive.
- Make calls for Bernie
- Toolkit for Biden
- Pick your cause via ActBlue

Any one of these is going to do you more good than getting mired down in an argument around here, I can assure you. You feel strongly, we all do. Let's get this primary resolved and go out to kick some orange ass!

Reminders:
1) This thread isn't a venting ground for ResetEra threads you don't like, that's what the complaining channel on Discord (that no one who isn't already a member can see) is for.
2) This thread isn't a Twitter feed or live TV comment feed, provide context (as in tweet text or a video link/some attempt at transcription, respectively) for what you post.
3) Ignore these reminders at your own peril.

US PoliEra 2020 |OT3| "I think he's learned his lesson" says The Concerned Immoderate Darling Collins.
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 2| Dershowitz says "Qui Pro Quo on the Go?"
US PoliEra 2020 |OT 1| THE ANTI BENGHAZI
US PoliEra 2019 |OT11| MOTHERFUCKER IMPEACHED
US PoliEra 2019 |OT10| Go Absent Yourself
US PoliEra 2019 |OT9| I'm really glad I'm not on Twitter nearly enough to understand all the references
US PoliEra 2019 |OT8| WHITE HOUSE ADMITS TO QUID PRO QUO WITH UKRAINE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT7| It's happening
US PoliEra 2019 |OT6| Have You Hurd About These GOP Retirements?
US PoliEra 2019 |OT5| She's got a plan for that, now sashay away
US PoliEra 2019 |OT4| Folded like a DOG
US PoliEra 2019 |OT3| YOU WERE AT MY WEDDING, DENISE
US PoliEra 2019 |OT2| #President Pelosi
US PoliERA 2019 |OT1| You down wit' NDP? (Yeah you know me!) Who's down wit' AOC? (This whole party!)
US PoliERA 2018 |OT13| And now the fun starts
US PoliERA 2018 |OT12| The Moscow Project
US PoliERA 2018 |OT11| The Hunt for Blue November
US PoliERA 2018 |OT10| McConnell is "mule piss"
US PoliERA 2018 |OT9| Next week has been EXHAUSTING
US PoliERA 2018 |OT8| Democrats projected to gain F5 seats
US PoliERA 2018 |OT7| Tell Me The Bad Things That Happened Since I Fell Asleep
US PoliERA 2018 |OT6| An Unmitigated Disaster
US PoliERA 2018 |OT5| A Total Goat Rodeo
US PoliERA 2018 |OT4| Sweetheart, this is Watergate, goodbye!
US PoliERA 2018 |OT3| In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Ryan
US PoliEra 2018 |OT2| Flip, Flip, Flip-a-Gatesia
US PoliEra 2018 |OT| Welcome to the Resistance, the only funded organization in D.C.
US PoliEra 2017 |OT3| This thread was created with a one vote margin
US PoliEra 2017 |OT2| Tinkle Traitor Soldier Spy
US PoliEra 2017 |OT| At least Rand Paul had a lawn to cushion the blow

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
only 5000000 years until *checks notes* the conventions

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OT 4 and it's only the start of March. Looks like Agent Orange isn't the only one doing a little speed-running.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah. Bernie is done whether people want to admit it yet or not. The delegate math just isn't there, espescially if they're playing defense in Washington and Michigan.

Again, not representative, but this is the kinda thing he's been running into. Yesterday Biden actually had more votes returned than Bernie did (Again, not overall, just for the day,.)

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
*Naomi Smalls Voice*

"Club 30%"

https://www.theatlantic.com/politic...ders-thinking-he-will-win-it-all-2020/587326/

The senator from Vermont's pitch is a mix of idealism and a shouting anger about the system, but at its heart is a hard-nosed math: He's the only candidate with a sizable chunk of the electorate that won't waver, no matter what, so a field that keeps growing and splitting support keeps making things easier.

He's counting on winning Iowa and New Hampshire, where he was already surprisingly strong in 2016, and hoping that Cory Booker and Kamala Harris will split the black electorate in South Carolina and give him a path to slip through there, too. And then, Sanders aides believe, he'll easily win enough delegates to put him into contention at the convention. They say they don't need him to get more than 30 percent to make that happen.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Garry Kasparov @Kasparov63

As often as I have warned about Trump's authoritarian inclinations, we must also take into account that he is not very intelligent. He says whatever comes into his mind to avoid blame for anything bad to take credit for anything good. It's instinctive.​
https://twitter.com/craigaroo/status/1236100536362913792 …

Blatant lies by an autocrat are often loyalty tests, checking to see who nods their head with the most enthusiasm. But Trump is mostly oblivious. He is now entirely surrounded by sycophants and has Fox News to spin his lies and errors.​

10:09 PM - Mar 6, 2020

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
He needs to start talking about judicial reform. He needs to start talking about criminal investigations into the entire Trump admin. He needs to stop running on Make America 2015 Again.

He needs to do a lot.

No actually he needs to be vague on that besides the fact it will happen. Trump would love to make this all seem like a witch hunt.

that's not an issue that will get him voters it's more an issue he needs to guarantee not to lose voters.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
No actually he needs to be vague on that besides the fact it will happen. Trump would love to make this all seem like a witch hunt.

that's not an issue that will get him voters it's more an issue he needs to guarantee not to lose voters.
I don't think people who want Trump to get away with crimes or for the Supreme Court to remain unduly slanted to the right are likely Biden voters.

Trump is going to frame everything. People who believe the way he frames things aren't voting Dem no matter what the dems do.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

The president, while standing at the CDC with top experts and scientists dealing with coronavirus, cited Fox News as his source for knowing what the current number of cases is in the US

10:23 PM - Mar 6, 2020

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

At his fundraiser at Mar-a-Lago tonight, POTUS repeated to the crowd of several hundred donors that the Coronavirus concerns will be over in "a couple of months," per one attendee.​

10:25 PM - Mar 6, 2020

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Also Hawaii reported its first case; People speculated it should have been one of the first states hit, and I wonder if the problem is given its location the CDC lollygagged getting testing kits there.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah new thread. In 2 weeks when we get another im sure the virus hoax will be solved and a ton of people wont be sick. The glow of Fox news will heal me.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I don't think people who want Trump to get away with crimes or for the Supreme Court to remain unduly slanted to the right are likely Biden voters.

No but most people are voting for Biden not for those reasons. In fact a lot of his appeal is "normal/not Trump", putting Trump away, re-opening and opening investigations into these people isn't going to get him people. That'll likely be the most unpleasant part of a dem coming in after Trump.

Progressive policies though that's the stuff people talk a

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
If Bernie loses Michigan or is non-viable in Mississippi that should be the final nail and he needs to get out. He then can try with Warren to lobby some progressive causes. If he doesn't it just shows he puts his ego over the policies he inspires.

Status
Not open for further replies.