• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
What concessions are Dem's going to have to give to get national vote by mail? Is it truly feasible?

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Based Polis calling for masks. Feels absolutely necessary to stop sick people from shooting droplets everywhere.

What concessions are Dem's going to have to give to get national vote by mail? Is it truly feasible?

National vote by mail doesn't happen, every state manages their elections.

It's all about getting states the money earmarked to set up their elections in time. You're going to quickly see all governors demand it because of poll worker shortages and conflicts with their own social distancing guidelines that have been widely accepted by the public (such as removing mass gatherings). Dems won't have to give anything up, it'll be a perfunctory line item in the next stimulus bill.

Like, Trump and his team are openly talking about it, but it's just a product of their inability to control the spread of the disease with leadership and resources. It's not really a decision at this point at all.

Scottt

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many times the phrase "Joe Biden is a decent man" has been stated this primary election.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Say we get universal vote-by-mail in 100% of the states for November. How would this affect "turnout"? Anybody modeled this?

Sexy Fish

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Ryan Struyk on Twitter

“Warren on Biden in new Sirius XM interview: "Every time he has a chance to talk, I'm reminded though, he is a good and decent man. And as a leader, he would not be putting himself first. He would be putting first the interests of the American people."”

Can't believe she would call Biden a decent man. 🐍🐍

/S

Can't wait for Berners to start using Nasty Woman unironically.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Warren endorsing Biden when Bernie is still in would result in some pretty spectacular...activity.

GrapeApes

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Warren endorsing Biden when Bernie is still in would result in some pretty spectacular...activity.
Bernie still in it?

R43hrgD.gif

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

NEWS: Pete Buttigieg is creating a PAC (Win the Era PAC) and a nonprofit.

He is asking donors to roll over the general election funds they gave him in 2020 ($2.8 million+) to the PAC.

The PAC plans to endorse candidates. Details:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/03/us/politics/pete-buttigieg-win-the-era-pac.html …

Our nation and world are in a period of upheaval right now, which will make it more important than ever to support and elect good leaders this November and into the future.

I'm pleased to share that Win the Era PAC is a new way for us to make a positive impact.
We'll be rolling out a series of endorsements—but many of America's most promising emerging leaders are not always well known, so I'd love to hear from you.

Are you supporting a candidate (for any office) who we should pay attention to? Tell us here: http://wtepac.us/join

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Asked why he won't wear a covering, Trump: "I just don't want to wear one myself...I'm feeling good...I just don't want to...somehow sitting in the Oval Office...the great Resolute Desk...I think wearing a face mask as I greet presidents...dictators...I dunno, I don't see it."

Trump: "I always knew" that pandemics were one of the worst things that can happen. "Pandemics. You don't want pandemics."

Asked why, if pandemic prep was a priority, we have too little masks and other equipment, Trump says, "Previous administrations."

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
It's for the states, but it's for the federal government, but it's for the state, it's for all of us.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Trump touts his administration's shipments of N95 masks to New York. He describes these masks as follows: "More expensive, more complicated, better, whatever."

NEW: WH source tells me Dr. Fauci isn't at today's briefing bc WH is "keeping with social distancing."
Says: "We had two ppl each on the stage (Azar for uninsured & Birx) and we had the CDC Director for the CDC guidance. We're announcing with the Surgeon General..Nothing more!"

Trump tells a reporter she "oughtta be ashamed" of herself, and her "nasty tone," for asking for clarity about Kushner's comments about the stockpile, since it's so "simple." His answer did not clarify things and her tone was entirely normal.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Trump on New York: "I built them four hospitals." He's big on that kind of "I."

Asked if he can guarantee New York is going to have the ventilators it needs, Trump says, "They should've had more ventilators." He says his administration will be doing its best, but a lot of states need to be taken care of, "we have a big problem in Louisiana...Michigan..."

Reminded that he said the virus would go away in April, Trump falsely said, "I didn't say a date."
February 10 rally: "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away. I hope that's true."
Trump: "I said it's going away, and it is going away." (In those early "goes away" comments, he did not explain that there would be an economic collapse and thousands of deaths before it went away.) (Experts such as Fauci predict the virus'll come back after this crisis period.)

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City

twitter.com

Ryan Struyk on Twitter

“Warren on Biden in new Sirius XM interview: "Every time he has a chance to talk, I'm reminded though, he is a good and decent man. And as a leader, he would not be putting himself first. He would be putting first the interests of the American people."”

/S

We'll know what's going on if he adopts one of her key policies in the next few weeks. This crisis would be a fantastic time for some of Warren's debt related policy ideas.

Oct 25, 2017
We'll know what's going on if he adopts one of her key policies in the next few weeks. This crisis would be a fantastic time for some of Warren's debt related policy ideas.

He already has, but I think he's going to just follow the party to the left even if I don't think he personally loves the politics of the left. I think his biggest concern is bringing the party together, and so he'll adopt more of Warren's ideas and she'll endorse him. They're both smart enough to come to an agreement in the interests of the party and the country.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
He already has, but I think he's going to just follow the party to the left even if I don't think he personally loves the politics of the left. I think his biggest concern is bringing the party together, and so he'll adopt more of Warren's ideas and she'll endorse him. They're both smart enough to come to an agreement in the interests of the party and the country.

I should have said in addition to this. I actually think he'll grab from her a lot. A lot of her ideas staddle the middle of moderate and progressive. I could even see him canceling the debt or ending interest payments. As a way to support people giving back to the economy

CrabDust

Nov 16, 2017
He already did. Like you I also hope we see more under the banner of recovery, but lets not keep the narrative going that he's cruising or inflexible.

edit: oh i see you addressed this.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So Red State governors going to do half ass shelter in place and force it statewide overriding local governments? It's worse than doing nothing

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017

twitter.com

Ryan Struyk on Twitter

/S

I don't go into the OT primary thread (because I'm not insane or self hating), but I imagine this will go over real well over there

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
I would gladly take decriminalization at the federal level and a reclassification of marijuana and feel like it's a good step. Hopefully, Biden goes at least that far.
He already proposed decriminalization and expunging convictions, and legalizing it for medical purposes (including rescheduling it as Schedule 2).

The only real thing he hasn't done is propose federal recreational legalization (he proposes leaving that to the states instead).

Oct 25, 2017
He already proposed decriminalization and expunging convictions, and legalizing it for medical purposes (including rescheduling it as Schedule 2).

The only real thing he hasn't done is propose federal recreational legalization (he proposes leaving that to the states instead).

That's not a bad half-step. If we at least reschedule it and allow researchers to study its actual properties and uses, we can get to federal legalization not too long after. It's already legal in some form in 33 states anyway.

I remember thinking that Jeff Sessions would send goons into legal states to crack down on MJ businesses back in 2017, and that never happened. The fight is never over, no matter the issue, as long as Republicans are around, but I think we're ready to progress somewhat on the issue at the federal level.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Hows Era doing? I had to step away from this thread and news in general because I was living in a state of anxiety that was beginning to cripple me.

I'm stopping in however, on the back of the ridiculous Wisconsin election news and FL broken unemployment site.

Wish all of you well.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
I just want more research on MJ regarding how it affects younger people. We let vapenation get out of control in a horrible way even though it's age-restricted. That doesn't mean that the steps mentioned above (rescheduling, decriminalization) shouldn't happen, but there's a necessary nanny state public health activity that needs to happen if pot is much more easily accessible.

Oct 25, 2017
I just want more research on MJ regarding how it affects younger people. We let vapenation get out of control in a horrible way even though it's age-restricted. That doesn't mean that the steps mentioned above (rescheduling, decriminalization) shouldn't happen, but there's a necessary nanny state public health activity that needs to happen if pot is much more easily accessible.

Re-scheduling the drug needs to happen before we can do the research. Researchers aren't legally allowed to research Schedule 1 drugs, IIRC.

Make it a Schedule 2 drug. I also think decriminalization needs to happen because it's a massive fucking waste of taxpayer dollars and basically a racist policy to lock up users and dealers in prison.

But I agree with your sentiment re: research needed on how it affects users of all ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.