• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
And she's a backbencher.

This is not Steny. This isn't John Lewis or Elijah Cummings or Linda Sanchez.

This is someone with no real accomplishments in the House and no real following in the caucus. She's never even been in a junior leadership position like the ones I mentioned above.

Anyone with any weight or consequence has endorsed Pelosi.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I believe Gil is at orientation but keeping a low profile until his race is called.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
In that clip it sounds like she's talking about other people giving her credit, not pelosi taking credit. There's not enough context to tell.
Havent seen a single person do that, saw a lot of the opposite though that if she dropped out it would be better for house races

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I gotta admit, I'm starting to buy into the AOC hype a bit. Obviously this is years down the road but I really wonder where she sees herself in a decade or two. Does she hope to stay in Congress and assume a leadership position there or will she seek higher office?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Pelosi has promised Progressive Caucus members some good committee positions in the House.

Solidifying her support among that bloc - the one from which she hails.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
And she's a backbencher.

This is not Steny. This isn't John Lewis or Elijah Cummings or Linda Sanchez.

This is someone with no real accomplishments in the House and no real following in the caucus. She's never even been in a junior leadership position like the ones I mentioned above.

Anyone with any weight or consequence has endorsed Pelosi.
Because Pelosi didn't set up anyone else to build up those credentials. The one person that she did set up was so incompetent he couldn't even win a primary as an incumbent in the most incumbent protectionist state in the country.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

So um..... Assange might be charged under seal?

VigorousKnobbyDrever-max-1mb.gif

Feb 14, 2018

Felon disenfranchisement is a literal Jim Crow law which has worked as intended to diminish the voting power of black Floridians for over a hundred years up to and including the 2018 elections. The restoration of voting rights to this group of over a million Floridians is absolutely beneficial to Democratic candidates in the state; however, that framing is comparable to calling Pennsylvania's new congressional districts a "Democratic gerrymander."

It was necessary to pretend this was a nonpartisan issue for Amendment 4 to get the 60% support needed to pass. I don't have to pretend anymore. This was a very partisan issue because it was a racial issue.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, and remember how the news reported lots of questions being asked about Nigel Farage? The dude that visited Assange that one time?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

So um..... Assange might be charged under seal?

Maybe:

Matthew Miller @matthewamiller

This is really something, and seems to be quite the slip up from EDVA. Struggling to think of a better hypothesis than Mike's.

Mike Levine @MLevineReports

Guys, this is truly an amazing find by @SeamusHughes. My hypothesis is: prosecutors used a filing in an Assange-related case as a template for a filing in this case, but forgot to change the one paragraph. If true, it means sealed charges have been filed against Julian Assange. https://twitter.com/seamushughes/status/1063232297674162176

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Because Pelosi didn't set up anyone else to build up those credentials. The one person that she did set up was so incompetent he couldn't even win a primary as an incumbent in the most incumbent protectionist state in the country.
I don't think anyone is owed credentials. When Pelosi moved up in leadership, it was because she worked hard and ran against incumbent leaders, against their wishes. And she won. Obviously, it's a good idea for her to train more of next generation's future leaders, but if there's someone out there now that's competent enough to challenge her for the Speaker position, then that's on them to do so.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
OK tinfoil time.....

This is a deliberate slip up so that Whittaker can't shitcan the Assange indictment because it's waaaay too explosive.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017

Using Gillibrand's signature "weathervane but 15 minutes early" style to read some tea leaves about where the rest of the big names in the party are going: opposition to corporate interests is going to be a big part of what the more progressive 2020 primary contestants use to differentiate themselves from the rest of the field - and I think it'll work pretty nicely. Amazon won't be the big target, I think, people still mostly likely them, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that airlines, ISPs, other big easy monopoly targets without any real base of public support will be under fire in a real sense.

Feb 14, 2018

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, Josh Harder, Gina Ortiz Jones, Andy Kim, Anthony Brindisi, and Katie Porter were in the picture before their races were called (and GOJ will lose), but I think Gil made the right call IMO.

All uncalled races usually go just in case.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's 10pm eastern and the forum is eating posts again. Without fail every night forum either slows to a crawl or eats posts. Definite issue here.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Using Gillibrand's signature "weathervane but 15 minutes early" style to read some tea leaves about where the rest of the big names in the party are going: opposition to corporate interests is going to be a big part of what the more progressive 2020 primary contestants use to differentiate themselves from the rest of the field - and I think it'll work pretty nicely. Amazon won't be the big target, I think, people still mostly likely them, but I'm gonna go ahead and say that airlines, ISPs, other big easy monopoly targets without any real base of public support will be under fire in a real sense.

Thanks Bernie.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
The second mistaken Assange reference in the filing mentions extradition, which wasn't an issue in the actual case the filing was for (though I don't know if that might be standard boilerplate regardless of circumstances):
DsF8wJ9VsAAgE3a.jpg:medium

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The second mistaken Assange reference in the filing mentions extradition, which wasn't an issue in the actual case the filing was for (though I don't know if that might be standard boilerplate regardless of circumstances):
DsF8wJ9VsAAgE3a.jpg:medium

They really fucked up. If Assange gets word of this and tries to run...

Um, since August sure is a long time to have some sealed shit.

Isn't this around the time the story came out that Assange was about to be extradited?

Status
Not open for further replies.