• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Good thing the RNC will never be able to get another Romney past the primaries

Loud racists only from here on out
Well they can always redraw the districts that better maximizes their strengths...

Like, right now it's almost like in many cases they've packed and cracked rural areas *by accident* and treated many wealthy white subrubs as a base.. next time they've just got to do the opposite...

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
The R senate pickup results would look great for them in a theoretical 17-17 even split of races! Just that it was 3:1 dems defending. Is this going to be the new "but republicans won 90% of the territory!" in terms of failure to understand how the system works?

I'll gladly take a 53-47 senate after this all, christ. Downbeat on Nelson, but hey, since it's Florida, so fucking anything is possible. I doubt it'll be properly counted top to bottom without errors or mistakes regardless of outcome, so just flip a damn coin or something. Actually, settle every FL election that way from now on since the results all seem to feel like that anyway. Would save everyone time and money.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
Great news for Sinema, though I think this thread got a bit too bullish on Nelson when he doesn't appear to have a chance outside of a machine error.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scott's camps got information about the remaining votes before Nelson's camp did and the batshit conspiracy stuff happened in the interim. believe in the mass error.

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
I believe in the machine error
MB2NYB4.jpg

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Nicole Galloway (the Dem) was re-elected as Missouri Auditor by 6%. She was running against a crazy person, but still!

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely wouldn't be surprised if an indictment dropped tomorrow, between the election 'moratorium' being over, this week's news being non-stop, and Mueller deciding to show the Acting AG who the alpha male is.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying this for months

This map is gerrymandered for President Romney

If someone like him was president no chance we take the house.

Well said. I hadn't been paying that much attention before the election, but that makes perfect sense. Too bad the gerrymander held strong in places like North Carolina where we really could have used a backfire.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Now that the midterms are out of the way, when will Iowa 2020 start becoming a thing again?

It's kinda like how you start putting up your Christmas lights on black Friday.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Now that the midterms are out of the way, when will Iowa 2020 start becoming a thing again?

It's kinda like how you start putting up your Christmas lights on black Friday.

Things will start picking up steam this summer.

Well, Hillary made it official in April 2015, before the summer. And Obama announced his candidacy on February 10, 2007!

So, for all we know, the 2020 campaign might only be 4 months away from starting.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
So could Republican lawsuits end up going anywhere if they end up in the supreme court?

Oct 27, 2017
The World
If people need to learn one thing from Beto is the visit to all counties in the state, visit to places that are not Dem friendly (Obama did that too). That is one very good way to compete in red/purple states.

And so, announce 2020 early and visit every county in PA/WI/MI

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes Republicans, we decided to cheat in a couple random Senate races but forgot to cheat in the ones that really mattered to win the majority. Just like how we cheated in 2016 with three million illegal voters but accidentally sent them all to blue states so Trump still won. We really suck at this cheating thing, maybe the GOP can give us some tips.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Yes Republicans, we decided to cheat in a couple random Senate races but forgot to cheat in the ones that really mattered to win the majority. Just like how we cheated in 2016 with three million illegal voters but accidentally sent them all to blue states so Trump still won. We really suck at this cheating thing, maybe the GOP can give us some tips.
don't forget that we also set up Trump in a fake Russian collusion scandal that we only unveiled after he won the election.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
If people need to learn one thing from Beto is the visit to all counties in the state, visit to places that are not Dem friendly (Obama did that too). That is one very good way to compete in red/purple states.

Good old Pawimi.

Also, NC is a given, and Iowa really isn't that lost, not compared to Ohio. And AZ, GA and TX are must as well.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

Meeting people face to face is actually a really good way to overcome the current televised partisanship shit show we currently are dealing with

People get star struck. I've met celebrities I don't even fucking like.,, and now? I like them

I met Kevin Bacon, Charles Barkley and Michael Bolton at one point in my life. I knew OF them before... I never gave a shit about any of these dudes. Because... why would i?

But.. I got all giddy when I had a chance to meet them randomly, and now whenever I hear/see them in something I get excited. Always watch basketball on TNT for Chucks half time show. Lonely Island Captain Jack sparrow has got to be one of my most watched YouTube videos

But anyway, my point is If you reach out to people and personally talk to them it can make a difference. Shaking someone's hand and getting to see and know them can break down some of the perception barriers built up by our profit based media. Beto went to places in Texas that no politicians go to and did town halls in towns where the population was three cactuses and a tumbleweed. He shook hands, reached out and talked to people with a smile and it made a difference. We need people, in the presidency and in multiple senate races who are willing to do the same and put in that amount of hard work

This post is incredibly stupid. I'm drunk. But I stand by it.

Last edited:

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
It's our job to put the holes in people, you focus on sewing them up.

It's not a surprise that the rate of Brown-Sequard-syndrome is (allegedly, didn't research it) higher than in Europe thanks to all the people getting shot when pointing out "holes in bodies = bad" gives you such a response.

Mac_Lane

Oct 29, 2017
Paris, France
So good to wake up finding Sinema now had a lead of 9.5k votes instead of trailing by 17k. McSalty's tears are delicious.

Is Nelson on track to pull off a miracle ?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump

Law Enforcement is looking into another big corruption scandal having to do with Election Fraud in #Broward and Palm Beach. Florida voted for Rick Scott!

This is a totally normal thing for the President to say.

Obviously having Nelson would make this useful (ME/CO/AZ and minus AL) but NC is a good target too and Tillis is reviled. It's just more on the board that helps if one falls through.

I'm hoping that turtle loses re-election (Dem GOP I don't really care) and with at least 49D senators that somebody will cross the floor even occasionally (Lisa pls) to vote for cabinet picks. McConnell is scum.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Dems are gonna win AD74. For anyone who follows CA politics, this is a BFD

On this note, why are there so few state reps in California? Only 80 for 40 million people? Meanwhile New Hampshire has approximate 8 billion reps. Only 40 state senators too, each representing almost a million people.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
He protected Tester. So out of 4 almost impossible tasks, he got one. Not bad, really.

Speaker is quite powerful but Senate Majority Leader isn't as near as powerful. Before LBJ, Majority Leader was pretty much seen as a complete joke.
Tester had a leg up in that he's pretty well liked in Montana and suited to them, not to the extent of Manchin in WV but enough for a boost.

BowieZ

Nov 7, 2017
Updating my post about the Senate in 2020: presuming Sinema wins, and Nelson loses Florida due to Repubshenanigans (and Hyde-Smith will win MS-special), that puts the Dem caucus at 47 and Republicans at 53.

In 2020, 34 Senate seats are up for the vote (which includes replacing the resigning Arizona Senator Jon Kyl, who himself had replaced McCain) -- i.e., 12 Democrats and 22 Republicans, bringing the preliminary total, as at November 3, 2020 (barring any resignations/indictments) to:

D - 35
R - 31

So Dems need to gain at least 15, e.g. holding all of their 12, plus flipping 3 of the 22 Republican seats. (They'd need 16 if Trump wins re-election.)

-------------------------------------------------------------
Safe Republican: -- AK (Sullivan), AR (Cotton), LA (Cassidy), OK (Inhofe), SD (Rounds), WV (Capito), WY (Enzi).

Probable R: -- NE (Sasse), ID (Risch), KY (Turtle), MT (Daines), SC (Graham), TN (Alexander), TX (Cornyn).

Competitive R: -- AZ (ret. Kyl), CO (Gardner), GA (Perdue), IA (Ernst), KS (Roberts), ME (Collins), NC (Tillis).

Competitive D: -- AL (Jones), MI (Peters), MN (Smith).

Probable D: -- NH (Jeanne Shaheen), VA (Warner).

Safe Democratic: -- DE (Coons), NJ (Booker), IL (Durbin), MA (Markey), NM (T. Udall), OR (Merkley), RI (Reed).
-------------------------------------------------------------

The THREE best chances would probably be Dems picking up:

1. NC (In 2014, Thom Tillis beat Kay Hagan 48.8% to 47.3%);
2. CO (In 2014, Cory Gardner beat Mark Udall 48.2% to 46.3%);
3. AZ (given the strong Democratic showing this year, that bodes well for John McCain's former 'maverick' seat flipping blue, too).

Now, they may need one or two buffer wins, if Doug Jones's unexpected tenure is cut short in Alabama (Jeff Sessions is probably going to run), and likewise if Pence retains veto power upon re-election (Jesus please save us). The best shots are:

4. IA (Joni Ernst beat Bruce Braley 52.1% to 43.8%; this was a Dem seat the preceding three decades!);
5. ME (Susan Collins controversially supported Kavanaugh, and may be primaried by Trump diehard Max Linn);
6. GA (David Perdue beat Michelle Nunn 52.9% to 45.2%);
7. KS (Pat Roberts, who'll be 84 if he runs, beat Independent Greg Orman 53.1% to 42.5% -- with an inspiring candidate this could be doable);
8. TX (I'm tossing Texas in here just in case O'Rourke decides to run again, especially given the impressive legwork from this year).

These 12 Dems and candidates for these 8 states need to get cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.