• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Because people think Bernie did some irreparable damage to Hillary in 2016 instead of admitting she was flawed and bad from the start.

This has nothing to do with Hillary, who sucks at this too.

This is about Bernie, after three years of people saying "don't do this bullshit", still doing this bullshit.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
You know, I'm beginning to wonder if Whitaker wasn't installed as Sessions CoS as WH surrogate and/or puppet master until Sessions could be forced out safely. Maybe I'm late on this realization.

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone really believe this meathead will survive the pressure cooker he just walked into? The last guy Trump tried to elevate to a position totally out of his league was that White House doctor, and he crashed and burned so hard no one even remembers his name.
The question is whether this guy has any shame, and I'm not sure he does.

Menelaus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You may view race issues as secondary to economic, but not everybody agrees with you.
I can't see any other reason why you would bring up 2016 now.
Bernie is white and old and crusty and not anywhere near passing a racial purity test, but do I think he's racist? Absolutely not, and posting stupid tweets with clearly misinterpreted takes and word twisting is stupid and deserves to be called out.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people here trying to discredit Bernie by twisting his words?

2020 primary season is unofficially upon us, it will happen to every candidate.

This is dumbfounding too though. Trump has always been racist. He's flipped on lots of other things, but never that. Never.

I don't disagree, but I think Bernie was just using an exaggerated example. I disagree with his analysis of Trump in this regard however.

Why are people still giving Bernie the benefit of the doubt on race issues?

Frankly it's because he's likeable and everyone knows "his heart is in the right place but he's from a different time/place". Bernie inspires people, and when that connection happens people want to hold onto that figure and shield him/her from criticism. This also happens with all likeable politicians, just in different areas. I could list a hundred things I strongly disapprove of about Obama but millions of people would still love him. Bernie just stubbornly doesn't learn.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie is white and old and crusty and not anywhere near passing a racial purity test, but do I think he's racist? Absolutely not, and posting stupid tweets with clearly misinterpreted takes and word twisting is stupid and deserves to be called out.

Odd, where did I call him a racist?
Interesting that's what you got out of that post.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Defending a kidnapper of children is an interesting take:

He created tent cities designed to rip families apart. Many will never be reconnected again.
He further legitimized aggressive force by law enforcement leading to countless murders through abusive power with no justice.
He distracted with a feckless war on drugs meant to disenfranchise a minority segment of the populace.
He championed for-profit prisons that also benefit purely from punishing and stymieing our populace furthering societal rifts, classism, and future problems our children will be faced with.

What the fuck good did he do?

futurevoid

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone really believe this meathead will survive the pressure cooker he just walked into? The last guy Trump tried to elevate to a position totally out of his league was that White House doctor, and he crashed and burned so hard no one even remembers his name.
Some people in here think Kris Kobach would sail through the nomination process....so yes.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Even people on Facebook are on the Beto hype train under articles talking about 2020.

Harris/Beto, Beto/Harris seems to be most common.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The avalanche of negative shit on Whitaker is good to see but I wonder what good it will do given that this isn't a Senate-confirmable position and Trump is immune to being shamed out of doing something.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

Drg5v5RUwAEzWr7

Ezra Klein
✔@ezraklein

TIL House Republicans changed the rules under Obama so 14 different committee chairman can issue subpoenas with no cross-party consultation. That's going to make the Trump admin's life fun now that Democrats control the House. https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/some-election-implications/ …

5:33 PM - Nov 8, 2018

Oct 27, 2017
That wapo op-ed isn't like the letters and things signed by hundreds or thousands of lawyers demanding constitutionality or respect for the rule of law or something. It's by three attorneys general under Republican administrations who apparently agree with Sessions' takes on the state of the country.

Oct 27, 2017
The avalanche of negative shit on Whitaker is good to see but I wonder what good it will do given that this isn't a Senate-confirmable position and Trump is immune to being shamed out of doing something.

This statement could not be more wrong. Trump has been humiliated into backtracking multiple times since becoming President, and the Attorney General IS a Senate-confirmable position, and needs to be filled by someone who has already been confirmed by the Senate, like a Deputy Attorney General would be.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
We're going to start seeing 2020 announcements in the next 6 months. Presidential cycle is really upon us, I'm excited.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This statement could not be more wrong. Trump has been humiliated into backtracking multiple times since becoming President, and the Attorney General IS a Senate-confirmable position, and needs to be filled by someone who has already been confirmed by the Senate, like a Deputy Attorney General would be.
Whitaker's appointment isn't subject to the Senate unless Trump nominates him as permanent AG.

(and I know there's some debate about whether it's constitutional to appoint Whitaker like this, but until judged otherwise by courts he does not need to go through the confirmation process yet)

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Because people think Bernie did some irreparable damage to Hillary in 2016 instead of admitting she was flawed and bad from the start.

So... Do you think Trump is not a fucking racist or something?

Because apparently Bernie doesn't. And you agree?

Whitaker's appointment isn't subject to the Senate unless Trump nominates him as permanent AG.

(and I know there's some debate about whether it's constitutional to appoint Whitaker like this, but until judged otherwise by courts he does not need to go through the confirmation process yet)

Yuuuup Drumpf found a loophole.

Remember, way back a few months ago, when the Turtle said he saw no need to draft legislation protecting Mueller? Good times.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why are people here trying to discredit Bernie by twisting his words?

Who is twisting his words?

He is an old white man who is representing vanilla vile in the North East.

His entire political philosophy is that inequality in America is class based.

The words that come out of his mouth of the last three years should not be shocking to anyone who listened to what he was saying.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

Can we just not with the whole Bernie/Hillary "thing"? Bernie has proven himself to be incompetent on matters of race (still!), and his use of "Trump would be a civil right champion if he thought it would gain him votes" is just bad on so many levels. It misunderstands Trump, and even if it didn't, it's a poor example from someone who recently got into hot water on the issue of white people voting for blacks.

At this stage, the only old white dude who even has a chance is Biden, because he's not done anything grossly stupid in the last 48 hours.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Bernie Sanders believes Trump could be a Civil Rights champion and that he's just pretending to be racist. Get him out of the paint, this article is even worse than the last one. There's no room in the Democratic nomination process for this rhetoric on racism.

Bernie's quote:

Bernie is correct that Trump has no real values or morals and shifts to whoever he is talking to, however, Trump absolutely is a genuine racist.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

But Jake Tapper said no Blue Wave. Actually I honestly believe Tapper was disappointed like many of us were and he let his negative emotions get the best of him in a very tense moment, right or wrong.

Axios‏Verified account @axios

We're officially in "blue wave" territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.