• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
never forget that for republicans "the cruelty is the point"

let's do our best to stop the bleeding and rebuke their hate

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My state is completely fucked, but Nationwide things are looking up for the first time in 2 years. Time to take our country back!

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So yesterday could have been the beginning of the end of the Trump presidency, or confirmation that we're getting 6 more years of the Trump presidency. Who knows?!

Vixdean

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bottom line: if south Florida gave Gillum/Nelson the same margins it gave Hillary, all else equal, we'd be talking about a resounding Democratic victory and repudiation of Trumpism. Indiani, Missouri, North Dakota, those are red states, none of them have gone blue since 2008. Be happy that we somehow kept seats in the equally deep red states of West Virginia and Montana, those are HUGE holds. We turned around a House majority that was thought impenetrable until after the next census, won a bunch of governorships, and came within' spitting distance in again, deep red Texas and Georgia. Wake up and smell the donkey shit folks.

Mr Jones

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forgive me, this is really my first time being in the Politics thread. Is Poli-Era bipartisan?

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
If somehow Dems can take AZ then the loses in the senate aren't so bad, and can be made up. Tester holding onto MT was pretty big. Hard to predict what is going to happen in 2020, but every senate seat they can hold is big.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Bottom line: if south Florida gave Gillum/Nelson the same margins they gave Hillary, all else equal, we'd be talking about a resounding Democratic victory and repudiation of Trumpism. Indiani, Missouri, North Dakota, those are red states, none of them have gone blue since 2008. Be happy that we somehow kept seats in the equally deep red states of West Virginia and Montana, those are HUGE holds. We turned around a House majority that we as thought impenetrable until after the next census, won a bunch of governorships, and came with spitting distance in again, deep red Texas and Georgia. Wake up and smell the donkey shit folks.

So mad about Florida. We need Nelson for a chance at the Senate in 2020.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Damn. I forgot we still have to wait until January lol.. so eager for dems to get in. Looks like they're already making major moves though, good shit

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Twitter Videos:

CBS News @CBSNews

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi addresses media after Democrats took control of the House: "Healthcare was on the ballot and healthcare won." https://cbsn.ws/2D9PJML

CBS News @CBSNews

"Voters delivered a resounding verdict against congressional Republicans' attacks on Medicare, Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act and people with pre-existing conditions in districts everywhere in America," Pelosi says. http://cbsn.ws/2D9PJML

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Bottom line: if south Florida gave Gillum/Nelson the same margins they gave Hillary, all else equal, we'd be talking about a resounding Democratic victory and repudiation of Trumpism. Indiani, Missouri, North Dakota, those are red states, none of them have gone blue since 2008. Be happy that we somehow kept seats in the equally deep red states of West Virginia and Montana, those are HUGE holds. We turned around a House majority that was thought impenetrable until after the next census, won a bunch of governorships, and came within' spitting distance in again, deep red Texas and Georgia. Wake up and smell the donkey shit folks.

Yeah, if Hillary was President, you could have had close to or above a 60 seat R supermajority. The map was just that terrible. We survived it, lost 3 net seats, maybe 2 if AZ goes blue, so it could have been A LOT worse.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reposting for the new thread.

This data seems to show the GOP bleeding votes in R areas yet it not mattering because they still had large enough margins in R areas that could leverage a polarized election. It helped run up the popular House vote for Dems while not translating into seats. There are implications here- this is something we probably need to invest in outreach for in the same way Obama did in his primary run in '08.

JustinP

Oct 25, 2017
Midnight jon no longer doing OPs?

Important thread, there's something going on under the surface in the rural areas where GOP margins were down across the board. The polarization worked in the GOP's favor despite this simply because of the way the states and districts are gerrymandered, but there was a real backlash in red areas contributing heavily to the raw House popular vote while not translating into seats-

(I think she's wrong to not take into account polarization, but this gives some nuance as to why the Senate/House turned out the way they did.)

Dra0UA4U4AIJjK5.jpg

So wait, hispanic border counties in texas went more republican...? What is it measuring in 2016 when there wasn't a gov race?

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Still not crazy hearing Pelosi talk so much about working with mcconnell and trump. I hope it's just talk but I just can't tell with these guys.

Honestly, day one of the new congress, Pelosi should call Trump and say "If you were serious about fixing the broken infrastructure in this country, I can have a draft of a bill on your desk by the end of the month, and after you look it over, if you find it acceptable, it's up to you to convince the senate to pass it. You game?".

Then if that fails, start investigation city.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Not to be that guy, but I've seen people get dogpiled for even showing interest in voting for a GOP member here....so yeah

Voting GOP isn't really a valid political position at this point in time. If you want to talk policy, you should be fine. If you're supporting a party of white supremacists, you're gonna have a bad time.

Status
Not open for further replies.