• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna have a lecture today by a congressman that got cancelled because of HW dying

HW keeps hurting people after death, sad!

Also when I told my gf about his death she said "94 years is a long time for a racist to live". And my mom said she felt misty eyed until she remembered Iran-Contra and how he pardoned everything relating to that.

Lol
You know good people.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Those fucking air quotes he does bug the hell out of me. "Guts" I just picture him doing the Dr Evil finger quotes every time.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
President of the United States actively pressuring people under federal investigation not to testify and tell the truth.

At this point I'm actually rooting for Cohen to get off lightly just to see Trump go nuclear.

Gurgelhals

Oct 27, 2017
Easy D is extra ranty today I see. Probably means more Mueller Madness forthcoming in the next few days or so...

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, if Dump isn't prosecuted, then America's judicial system has no leg to stand on.

He's committing his crimes in the most blatant and idiotic way, that if that's not enough evidence to indict, then what the hell is?

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
So, tomorrow's the big day for the Wisconsin GOP Power Grab. Their legislation would:

• Move the 2020 presidential primary from April to March. That is aimed at ensuring there is lower turnout during the April election for state Supreme Court, which would make it easier for conservatives to maintain their court majority.
  • Limit early voting to two weeks. A similar limit was found unconstitutional in 2016 and Democrats have threatened to take legal action again.
  • Give Republicans more control of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., including over its enterprise zone program that gives tax breaks to individual businesses.
  • Put lawmakers in charge of litigation, allowing them to keep alive a lawsuit to overturn the Affordable Care Act, widely known as Obamacare.
  • Give lawmakers — instead of the attorney general — control over how court settlements are spent.
  • Allow the Legislature to substitute the attorney general with taxpayer-funded private attorneys — picked by lawmakers — when state laws are challenged in court.
  • Make it easier for lawmakers to hire private attorneys at taxpayer expense when they are accused of violating the open records law or other statutes.
  • Eliminate the solicitor general's office, which oversees high-profile litigation.
  • Modestly lower the state's income tax rates next year to offset about $60 million in online sales taxes from out-of-state retailers that Wisconsin recently began collecting.
  • Require Evers to get permission from lawmakers to ban guns in the state Capitol or make other changes to security provisions there, including increasing the number of police officers who patrol the statehouse.
  • Bar judges from giving deference to state agencies' interpretations of laws when they are challenged in court. That could make it easier to win lawsuits challenging how environmental regulations and other laws are being enforced.
  • Make it much more difficult, in numerous ways, for the Evers administration to put in place rules that implement current and future state laws. Lawmakers, meanwhile, would gain greater power to block any rules that Evers manages to put in place.
  • Require state agencies to file quarterly reports on their spending.
  • Require the Evers administration to report if the governor pardons anyone or his aides release anyone from prison early.
  • Force Evers to get permission from the Legislature before asking the federal government to make any changes to programs that are run jointly by the state and federal governments. That would limit the governor's flexibility in how he runs public benefits programs. If the Legislature's budget committee determined the administration was not implementing recent changes to those programs, it could reduce funding and staffing for state agencies.
  • Require Evers to go along with a plan aimed at reducing premiums for insurance plans offered through the Affordable Care Act's marketplaces for individuals.
  • Increase the number of members on the Group Insurance Board, which oversees state health benefits, from 11 to 15. The proposal would allow leaders of the Legislature to appoint the additional members.
  • Channel federal money into a smaller number of state road projects, so that other projects could avoid having to comply with federal environmental and wage laws.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
"I lightly tampered with witnesses in a criminal investigation of my 2016 presidential campaign. Am I not allowed to fight back???"

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
So, tomorrow's the big day for the Wisconsin GOP Power Grab. Their legislation would:

• Move the 2020 presidential primary from April to March. That is aimed at ensuring there is lower turnout during the April election for state Supreme Court, which would make it easier for conservatives to maintain their court majority.
  • Limit early voting to two weeks. A similar limit was found unconstitutional in 2016 and Democrats have threatened to take legal action again.
  • Give Republicans more control of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., including over its enterprise zone program that gives tax breaks to individual businesses.
  • Put lawmakers in charge of litigation, allowing them to keep alive a lawsuit to overturn the Affordable Care Act, widely known as Obamacare.
  • Give lawmakers — instead of the attorney general — control over how court settlements are spent.
  • Allow the Legislature to substitute the attorney general with taxpayer-funded private attorneys — picked by lawmakers — when state laws are challenged in court.
  • Make it easier for lawmakers to hire private attorneys at taxpayer expense when they are accused of violating the open records law or other statutes.
  • Eliminate the solicitor general's office, which oversees high-profile litigation.
  • Modestly lower the state's income tax rates next year to offset about $60 million in online sales taxes from out-of-state retailers that Wisconsin recently began collecting.
  • Require Evers to get permission from lawmakers to ban guns in the state Capitol or make other changes to security provisions there, including increasing the number of police officers who patrol the statehouse.
  • Bar judges from giving deference to state agencies' interpretations of laws when they are challenged in court. That could make it easier to win lawsuits challenging how environmental regulations and other laws are being enforced.
  • Make it much more difficult, in numerous ways, for the Evers administration to put in place rules that implement current and future state laws. Lawmakers, meanwhile, would gain greater power to block any rules that Evers manages to put in place.
  • Require the Evers administration to report if the governor pardons anyone or his aides release anyone from prison early.
  • Force Evers to get permission from the Legislature before asking the federal government to make any changes to programs that are run jointly by the state and federal governments. That would limit the governor's flexibility in how he runs public benefits programs. If the Legislature's budget committee determined the administration was not implementing recent changes to those programs, it could reduce funding and staffing for state agencies.
  • Require Evers to go along with a plan aimed at reducing premiums for insurance plans offered through the Affordable Care Act's marketplaces for individuals.
  • Increase the number of members on the Group Insurance Board, which oversees state health benefits, from 11 to 15. The proposal would allow leaders of the Legislature to appoint the additional members.
  • Channel federal money into a smaller number of state road projects, so that other projects could avoid having to comply with federal environmental and wage laws.

Wow. So:
- Why even have a governor? The legislature can rule everything.
- Why even hold public elections? The state can be run by an oligarchy of the "legislature."

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

This is such fucking garbage.

Is there anything the Democrats can do? Walk out like they did in the collective bargaining fight in 2011?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Christ, they're still going on about Bush 41 on MSNBC. Just like they did with McCain a few months back. Wall to wall, seemingly 24 hour coverage. Do we really need to follow his funeral motorcade and interview everyone he ever interacted with?

I'd like to see the news, please!

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Lets see does this work? I think my account is bugged

Edit Oh shit it did work finally, god damn my account keeps saying OOPS THERE'S BEEN A PROBLEM for the past half hour trying to access literally any page. It says I have to acknowledge 2 warnings? But sometimes it just doesn't and I have no idea what those supposed warnings are.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, I'm pretty sure I hated every single design change in every single website in history. This one is no different.
What I'm saying that if ya'll have been listening to me we could have all basked in the glorious circa 1995 web design.

KLvJZWY.jpg

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Only the best people. Who are terrible criminals. But not related to meee.

He is trembling and I love it.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm of mind to believe Mueller has held back indictments because he knew the forum wasn't stable enough to handle the news.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

The whole thing is so fucking garbage.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I'm disappointed I don't have much news to catch up on while ERA was down for a day. Trump's twitter meltdown was nice though.

Status
Not open for further replies.