• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Dreading the midterm where all these cool new D reps get swept out in a red wave. I can already see the Nate Cohn tweets now:

"Really bad poll for Sharice Davids."

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Nate Cohn kinda lost his credibility when he tweeted out "this is looking like 2016" when 538's live projecting was showing GOP winning.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Nate Cohn kinda lost his credibility when he tweeted out "this is looking like 2016" when 538's live projecting was showing GOP winning.
I wouldn't say "wrong" since the NYT/Siena polls ultimately proved eerily accurate.

I will say (1) everybody has to rush to make sure THEIR TAKE is the freshest and thus often bases it on incomplete information and (2) the data dudes are all kind of douches on a personal level.

And working at the NYT, he probably buys into DEMS IN DISARRAY at least a little bit.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I'm fairly annoyed that the President of the United States openly committed witness tampering this morning and for most part we just got half-serious / snarky responses on Twitter.

I feel the desire to make clever Twitter quips is replacing the ability to have genuine outrage when serious things happen.

It's more like we don't have any power to do anything other than snark right now, since we've just exercised our right to vote and we're in a holding pattern.

Oct 28, 2017
England
I'm fairly annoyed that the President of the United States openly committed witness tampering this morning and for most part we just got half-serious / snarky responses on Twitter.

I feel the desire to make clever Twitter quips is replacing the ability to have genuine outrage when serious things happen.

It's telling how numb the public has become to presidency ending scandals when the thread about it in the OT is over an hour old and still only on page one, with most post essentially saying "throw it on the pile".

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017

Trump has been impeachment worthy since before he was sworn in and the left gets treated as hysterical whenever we call a spade a spade.

Snark is all we have left.

Oct 27, 2017
TBH I don't think its that bad an idea. You just have to be on your A game because you know most of the Fox News hosts are more interested in taking swipes at you then having good faith conversations.

The moment this starts working, they'll just stop inviting effective people on. You'll get analysis of AOC's Green-New Deal from Treasurer of The New Black Panther party and the dessicated corpse of Alan Colmes

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
WYdYq80.jpg

Box of Kittens

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say "wrong" since the NYT/Siena polls ultimately proved eerily accurate.

I will say (1) everybody has to rush to make sure THEIR TAKE is the freshest and thus often bases it on incomplete information and (2) the data dudes are all kind of douches on a personal level.

And working at the NYT, he probably buys into DEMS IN DISARRAY at least a little bit.
The rush to analyze the results well before they were in really soured me on the election night experience. Gotta have your live model running based on initial returns and your pundits telling you what it all means and when it turns out the actual results are far from the assumptions you based your take on it's no big deal; everyone will have moved on by then. It's the equivalent of posting "Romney has Virginia in the bag," except coming from people who really should be more responsible (but of course aren't).

Last edited:

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking exactly the same thing at exactly the same time. I had the same sinking feeling that I know oh so very well from whenever the Mariners trick me into believing they might make the playoff, and then, fucking August, and once again I wonder how the fuck was I tricked into believing.
But then again, I never had any credibility to lose.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking exactly the same thing at exactly the same time. I had the same sinking feeling that I know oh so very well from whenever the Mariners trick me into believing they might make the playoff, and then, fucking August, and once again I wonder how the fuck was I tricked into believing.
I think that's the point, I would hope he'd know more than me

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What is the Mariners? Sounds familiar but I am from a Football/Soccer city (although we're getting a basketball and hockey team soon!)

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Congress told the administration to identify Russian oligarchs and the Treasury just cribbed from a Forbes list of Russian billionaires? One of those billionaires is suing:

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is the Mariners? Sounds familiar but I am from a Football/Soccer city (although we're getting a basketball and hockey team soon!)
You joke now, but when the Mariners make the super-extended-double-wildcard-everyone-gets-a-trophy play-in game in 2087 and lose to the Halos, you're not gonna be laughing.

But for real, we just need to get Tugboat back.
lfVITPb.jpg

Just look at it, you almost hope someone tear an ACL.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn the down arrow is total trash. Good thing there's a massive fucking up arrow on the home screen.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
538's podcast has a pretty incredible interview about NC-9 about all the different types of F R A U D that might have occurred.

Oct 27, 2017
BSO has always been a trash heap of fuckups and shit birds. But even this looks reeeeeeeeal fucking dumb

Sheriff Punishes SWAT Officer Who Wore QAnon Patch in Pence Photo
The Florida SWAT officer who was photographed with Vice President Mike Pence while wearing a patch supporting QAnon will be punished, according to law-enforcement officials. Broward County Sheriff's Department Sgt. Matt Patten intentionally wore a patch that said "Q" while working on Pence's security detail last week, according to an internal report. Patten intended to use his proximity to Pence to promote the QAnon conspiracy theory, which posits that President Trump is in engaged in a secret war with high-ranking Democratic pedophiles.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/sheriff-punishes-swat-officer-who-wore-qanon-patch-in-pence-photo

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Haven't been able to post all day because of the "Must acknowledge all warnings" thing. This is the first one I've gotten through.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
Likes are the worst thing that could happen to this form. Worse than Light Era. Every post becomes mugging for likes.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I no joke would instantly quit using the site at large if likes became a thing.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear President Trump,

We may be able to "like" posts on this forum, but I wish we could "dislike" your presidency! If you were on Era I would put you on my ignore list, but I cannot "ignore" the harm you are causing this country. YOU WILL NOT WIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.