• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

vDKMfuC.jpg

Full website here!

"Because your company is such a pillar of the gaming industry, your disappointing decision could have a chilling effect on gamers who seek to use their platform to promote human rights and basic freedoms," the lawmakers said.

"We urge you in the strongest terms to reconsider your decision with respect to Mr. Chung. You have the opportunity to reverse course. We urge you to take it."

Hexa

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO. Right, left, moderate. That Blizzard screwed up is the one thing everyone agrees on.

stumblebee

The Fallen
Jan 22, 2018
Looks like they weren't aware that they reduced the suspensions and gave him his prize money, which takes a lot of the bite out of this.

Also goddamn shoutout to blitzchung for causing all this.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they weren't aware that they reduced the suspensions and gave him his prize money, which takes a lot of the bite out of this.

The fact that the suspension was what it was to begin with is what matters.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017

getting members of both parties from both chambers of congress to sign the same sheet of paper takes time

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
You know you fucked up when Tom Malinowski gets involved, he know his shit with human rights and foreign policy at the State Department.

Plus having Rubio the Robot involved as well

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, Blizzard really stepped in this shit big time. My favorite game developer just flushing decades of goodwill down the toilet. GG Blizz.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This letter to me (and i could be wrong) seems to be a "Hey, We see you and your interests with China, Blizzard. Get on the right team" from the united states government. What are they gonna do? The republican ran US government has been a shitshow. They arent gonna do a damn thing against blizzard except slap them on the hand and say "dont do that now".

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Surprised Rubio signed it.
Good that Blizzard is receiving pressure for this bullshit though

Dixie Flatline

alt account
Banned
Sep 4, 2019
New Orleans
Bobby: "I want all Americans to hate me. And when I say all, I mean all."
Secretary: "I know that they're super sensitive about that freedom of speech thing...and burgers."
Bobby: "Perfect."

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

The fuck it doesn't.

They are still suspended for 6 months for NO REASON and the shoutcasters were still fired over this.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
This letter to me (and i could be wrong) seems to be a "Hey, We see you and your interests with China, Blizzard. Get on the right team" from the united states government. What are they gonna do? The republican ran US government has been a shitshow. They arent gonna do a damn thing against blizzard except slap them on the hand and say "dont do that now".
Blizzard didn't want three week's worth of news cycles being about them licking the boot in the runup to Blizzcon, now only two weeks away. And now with congressional letters sent this makes the big boy news, not just angrymanyellingaboutvideogames' youtube channel and blog.

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Thanks for the title fix mods! I thought that it was going to be too long when I was initially making the thread!

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So does Blizzard actually have to respond or are they free to just ignore it. I sadly feel like the latter will happen.

Last edited:

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, imagine getting a letter from multiple high profile politicians from both side of an extremely split government, basically saying "ya dun fucked up"

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard didn't want three week's worth of news cycles being about them licking the boot in the runup to Blizzcon, now only two weeks away. And now with congressional letters sent this makes the big boy news, not just angrymanyellingaboutvideogames' youtube channel and blog.

Blizzard has already shown through actions that money from china is better than Good PR from USA. Those senators better as hell step up when blizzard ignores this and proceeds as usual.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
When you unite republicans and democrats in today's political climate you know youve truly fucked up.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
So does Blizzaard actually have to respond or are they free to just ignore it. I sadly feel like the latter will happen.
This is their way of saying "fix this or we'll do it for you." Nobody has to do anything, but the fact that the legislature is aware of the situation and eyeing them suspciously isn't a good look unless Kotick's about to spend a LOT of money on lobbying.