• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
Why is the media so fixated on Trump's ongoing role in the shutdown when it is obvious that Mitch is, yet again, obstructing Congress from doing its job? Shouldn't Mitch's name and legacy be front and center of every headline at this point? I would assume that would serve a dual purpose of shaming Mitch into possible action and taking all of the focus off the imbicil narcissist who revels in the attention.

Donald's input isn't even a requirement, and while it may be in the best interest of the GOP to toe the presidential line what is the media getting out of not throwing Mitch under a bus?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
trump_shutdown_2013.jpg

It's (long past) time to fire Trump.

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump must have something on Mitch, its insane how Mitch is flushing everything down the toilet for a man he called insane 2 years ago.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Why is the media so fixated on Trump's ongoing role in the shutdown when it is obvious that Mitch is, yet again, obstructing Congress from doing its job? Shouldn't Mitch's name and legacy be front and center of every headline at this point? I would assume that would serve a dual purpose of shaming Mitch into possible action and taking all of the focus off the imbicil narcissist who revels in the attention.

Donald's input isn't even a requirement, and while it may be in the best interest of the GOP to toe the presidential line what is the media getting out of not throwing Mitch under a bus?
Because ultimately it's all connected to Trump. Mitch's weak excuse for not bring it to vote is "the president won't sign it."

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This has to have even some of Trump's supporters pissed at him right?

I know he's got some dumbass supporters hoping he stays strong but there has to be some Republican supporters realizing that whatever racist agenda they have can't be worth this.

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
This has to have even some of Trump's supporters pissed at him right?

I know he's got some dumbass supporters hoping he stays strong but there has to be some Republican supporters realizing that whatever racist agenda they have can't be worth this.

They're just falling back on #bothsides and demanding Dems "compromise" by giving Trump everything he wants. They don't give a fuck.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Local news said calls to 211 (the number to find local services like food pantries and help paying bills) were up 21% since the shutdown. Between federal workers and people in federally funded programs there's a lot of need out there right now and I doubt we have the infrastructure locally to help so many.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
And there's no sign that it will actually end anytime soon.

Great job, America!/s

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
This sounds incredibly dangerous with regards to air traffic control. They're working unpaid 6 days a week, not getting any time for family and are stressed beyond belief. Will it take an airliner accident and hundreds dead for the republican party to fucking deal with this manbaby? (Or will they, predictably, blame democrats..?)

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds incredibly dangerous with regards to air traffic control. They're working unpaid 6 days a week, not getting any time for family and are stressed beyond belief. Will it take an airliner accident and hundreds dead for the republican party to fucking deal with this manbaby? (Or will they, predictably, blame democrats..?)

They're gonna have to walk out on the job and shut down the airports by calling a strike they are within their right too as management isn't keeping their end of their bargained contracts. You want to get the countries attention you ground airplanes an watch as the economy death spirals. The Trump administration has put out they don't expect a resolution until FEBRUARY. No worker should put up with this.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Since when did politicians care about people dying? How many gun deaths a year are there?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Trump's ego is out of control.

Yeah, but in a sense, this is really a criticism of American society. It got to this point because enough of the American population and politicians degenerated enough that it all legally occurred this way. It's not like Trump staged a military coup, allying himself the army, killing off the current President and seizing power. Politicians allied with him, Fox News supported him, the electoral college swung in his favor, and over 60 million Americans honestly voted for him. If any one of those factors had not been in place, Trump wouldn't be President right now. And if things continue at this pace, even if Trump gets impeached, or doesn't win the next election, all the groundwork is still in place for someone else to come, learn from his mistakes, and get it RIGHT next time.

PaJeppy

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
All for that powerful concrete wall. You know what's stronger than concrete? Steel. I think, maybe, it should be steel. A beautiful steel wall. Maybe steel, maybe concrete. It's powerful though. I think for safety reasons, it needs to be see through. Steel is stronger than concrete. Did you know that? It is. So it might be concrete, or steel. It has to be see through. You can't do that with concrete. Steel is more powerful anyway. Someone said maybe a fence. A powerful fence, that you can see through. For safety reasons

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Trump must have something on Mitch, its insane how Mitch is flushing everything down the toilet for a man he called insane 2 years ago.

Mitch only cares about one thing. Stacking the courts with as much conservative judges as he can. Trump allows him to do that.

One's an idiot (who has no idea he's being used) and the other is a crafty politician who knows how to play the political game.

Trump allows Mitch to accomplish what Mitch wants.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Congratulations, Dumbass Donald, on the longest government shutdown in US history.

#TrumpShutdown

Do your fucking job, and govern, shitbird.

RigVertigo

Oct 31, 2017
"Keep the government shut down. Federal workers are useless anyway. Sitting on their asses and occasionally pressing a button."-every Trump supporter on YouTube who literally talks to a webcam as their occupation. And when YouTube started cutting ads, they threw a goddamn fit, and begged their fan base to donate via Patreon and superchat. But if a federal worker starts a go fund me they're lazy for some reason.

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, but in a sense, this is really a criticism of American society. It got to this point because enough of the American population and politicians degenerated enough that it all legally occurred this way.
Yes, absolutely. This is not a Trump problem. This is an American problem that has festered for decades. Getting rid of one person is not going to fix the problem.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Well maybe this isn´t a bad thing. Maybe you guys need to hit rock bottom first to get back on track again.

These are almost the exact words I said to a friend, the morning after the election, when she looked to me for some reassurance.

But I'm actually quite pessimistic, as long as right-wing media is still spewing lies and hate speech.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
These are almost the exact words I said to a friend, the morning after the election, when she looked to me for some reassurance.

But I'm actually quite pessimistic, as long as right-wing media is still spewing lies and hate speech.
I think many people really need to feel the consequences of their stupid actions before they enter some sort of learning process. But maybe i´m too optimistic, maybe these people will never learn.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
It's a nice idea, but I fear that the wealthier side could use the government shutdown to their advantage while the other side starves.

The vast majority of Congress is independently wealthy. The others would just get second temporary jobs.

Something like this would effect their staff the most.